Tomstoy2

Got the craziest video in my GoPro from a little mishap flying at my buddy Grants place yesterday,,,, and I can't even download it! I'm just dying to see it!

Was doing and fpv flight, first flight of the day, took off at his garage, did a pass over his horses in the front pasture, then decided to fly under his gate!

All went well, decided at that time to go over the top of the gate on the way back so I advance throttle and as it raises I turn her around.

Now, out in front of his place are 2 sets of power lines, one on each side of the road. I forgot this. From back at the garage it all looked like one on the far side.

Now you see where this is going? Sure enough I raise directly up into one of the cables!

I was using the monitor, so when I heard the strange collision I looked up and saw the Hexa wobbling and de ending to the ground, not falling, but under power and rocking around.

Thinking I broke a prop I let it defend to about a foot off the ground and shut off the motors.

Walk out there and see what the damage was,,, nothing! Inot even a chip in the props!
Look up and after the time Iit took to walk to the road I could still see the power cable bouncing up and down from the collision!
The rocking was fro destabilizing the gyro's. The decent from the snap action fro the cable pushing the Hexa down.
Had I just applied a little power it would have recovered fine, but I didn't know that then.

However, shutting down the motors a foot off the ground caused a few glue joints on my gimbal to fail. That was the only damage! SD card didn't pop out of the GoPro so all was recorded!

So why can't I view it? Well a few weeks back I installed IMesh music on my computer. All was fine but after awhile they locked out my music and wanted money so I uninstalled it. After that I had no sound what so ever.

After trying everything I could to restore sound I gave up yesterday before going to Grant's and decided to do a system restore back to factory settings. All went well until Windows tried to boot up,,,, it refuses. Trying everything I can I've had to order an system restore cd from Gateway, ( no cd's came with my computer purchase from Gateway ).

So now I'm stuck until I get the cd next week! Damn IMesh!!!

hover

Got some close up footage of two World War 2 anti-aircraft gun towers in Austria from my flight yesterday :)
Around 60 meters altitude:

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
that is really cool hover,,,,,,, so would that have been nazi towers? can't believe how tore up they are and still stand, looks like they been hit with something from the sky. Can't imagine standing up there launching huge rounds into the sky,,,, where do they land? that's alot of city out in front

tom, better luck next time, at least we all know one program to leave alone....

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Finally got my first video! It's pretty lame, but I'm happy I don't have any jello at all! This is a ContourHD that is rigidly mounted to my vibration damping sled under the quad. Not as much barrel distortion as a GoPro which is nice. It's taken way too long to get to this point but things are coming together fast now!

This was also my first FPV flight. It's pretty freaky to fly looking in the monitor, and then look up to try and find the quad in the sky when it's far away. You have that first panicked moment thinking you've lost it....

BMX Fun Day Jam with the Cinestar

On Saturday, September 15, 2012, the Frisco Bike Park hosted the “Goodbye to Summer Bike Festival”. We filmed the PSBMX "Super Happy Fun Day Jam" with the CS8 and some other fun equipment.

ZAxis

awesome work throttlejockey! Now if only you could send some of that sunshine over here for us to have a good trails session it would defiantly help. great job! what camera do you have mounted on the cs?
Lec

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Finally got around to piecing together this years reel. Any feedback is appreciated.
Lec

How come I aint seen this! Why did we not have this playing at the weekend and WHYTF DID YOU NOT ENTER THIS INTO THE COMPERTIOION!!!?

Fantastic stuff again matey.... sure that wernt my shot flying down the hele blade! ;-)

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
You shoot all of that with the 730? Did I spy Danny Hart in there?

fritz99

I love my S800 and Z15
No stabilisation by the camera ( sony nex-5 with 16 mm lens ) nor poststabilisation by software !

ZAxis

@throttlejockey. Yeah I just thought it looked very similar. I use it a fair bit along with action essentials but I really like the change in 3d space effect which I guess can only be done with a particle generated effect. I shall explore further!
@ Dave. I didn't enter it into the contest as I only finished it on the Friday night unfortunately after the deadline..Unless Bartman will let me have a late entry? hint hint Not all 730 footage there was a fair bit of nex5 in there too. Nope it was definitely my shot over the blade..don't think we could get away with it anywhere else! Yeah Danny was in there too. pity it was terrible weather on that shoot or we could have had some real fun.
Lec

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
My weekend at the NEAT Fair in Shinhopple NY. Met some of the most creative and intelligent people in the RC industry. Love going there to fly and brain-storm.<span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; ">

Icke84

Hi Guys,

found time to edit my aerial reel.
hope you enjoy it.

Frame = Mikrokopter
Motors = MT3638
Props = 11x5 Graupner
ESC = 30A Hobbywing
Lipo = 4S 4000-5000mAh
FC = GAUI GU-INS
Gimbal = Ebay CNC-kreativ with GAUI Servos
Landinggear = XAircraft
Transmitter = Hitec Aurora 9
Camera = Sony NEX 5N

no second cameraguy, only me flying and titling the cam.
Most stuff even without a videodownlink.

regards
Marcus

Mr.Biker

Hi Guys,

found time to edit my aerial reel.
hope you enjoy it.

Frame = Mikrokopter
Motors = MT3638
Props = 11x5 Graupner
ESC = 30A Hobbywing
Lipo = 4S 4000-5000mAh
FC = GAUI GU-INS
Gimbal = Ebay CNC-kreativ with GAUI Servos
Landinggear = XAircraft
Transmitter = Hitec Aurora 9
Camera = Sony NEX 5N

no second cameraguy, only me flying and titling the cam.
Most stuff even without a videodownlink.

regards
Marcus

Damn, that is really good, nice work!!

Bowley

Finally got around to piecing together this years reel. Any feedback is appreciated.
Lec

Just got a chance to watch this....Inspirational Lec...loved every second of it, no lingering there, just bang bang bang, nice editing and creative shooting.

Steve