Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I'll post up a few clips from the Nex5. Basically I needed to compensate for the 3 different cameras and imovie aint good at matching it all up..

I also wanted to try and make it a bit different than just straight bike head cam footage.. We did not get a quater of what we wanted to get coz of the wind so I had to make the most of what little we got..

brendonvz

Although unfortunate, I just cant help but laugh at the video ...sorry guys :)
[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/damo642#p/a/u/2/JlrjHzb4RG8[/video]

CopterCam

Dave,

Well done ! .................. I can understand what you're doing with the effects and it does work in parts but the Scottish Tourist Board wont like it ? That area is fantastic and it is enticing me to get back on the bike.

Editing HD is a bit of a labour so hats off to you and the guys............

Sid

CopterCam

"Bring it down. Do the opposite to what yer doing" Ha!

One has to commend the considerable restraint excercised by the Pilot........ a 1000 Euro just gone on the wind. Reminds me of the unfortunate individual from Scotland who lost a 50K Draganflyer on its maiden, apparently he mistook the need to lock on to Satellites before flight ? Wonder if it ever turned up ?

Sid

brendonvz

A Bit shaky and bit Jelly-y but its the first of many to come and hopefully I can keep it shiny-side-up for long enough to get some good footage in the future

[video]http://player.vimeo.com/video/23894803[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

CopterCam

A Bit shaky and bit Jelly-y but its the first of many to come and hopefully I can keep it shiny-side-up for long enough to get some good footage in the future

Nice stable platform but the image appears soft ? Are you using the GoPro HD in its protective housing ?
Make sure the lense and housing lense are clean. Do a test from your hand and compare images. If there is no apparent improvement then there appears to be a problem with your GoPro. Mine is sharp as a tack ?

It may have something to do with the player but I doubt it ?

Sid

Droider

Drone Enthusiast

How do you have the camera mounted?

There seems to be some excess prop noise, have you balanced them? What props are they?

Dave

brendonvz

Nice stable platform but the image appears soft ? Are you using the GoPro HD in its protective housing ?
Make sure the lense and housing lense are clean. Do a test from your hand and compare images. If there is no apparent improvement then there appears to be a problem with your GoPro. Mine is sharp as a tack ?

It may have something to do with the player but I doubt it ?

Sid

No casing, I just mounted it straight onto the camera mount with some tape and cable ties.... You reckon the GoPro might be the issue ? Filing in the 1080 mode, maybe I should use the 720 60fps

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Vibration.. balance the props to reduce the vibration transmitted to the frame from out of balanced props.. They just dont sound right to me but I aint using that frame and props..

CopterCam

No casing, I just mounted it straight onto the camera mount with some tape and cable ties.... You reckon the GoPro might be the issue ? Filing in the 1080 mode, maybe I should use the 720 60fps

Even before the motors spin, the image appears soft................ clean the lenses and do a hand test and compare before chasing vibes and different modes. 720P is not as prone to the dreaded 'jello' as 1080p.

brendonvz

Even before the motors spin, the image appears soft................ clean the lenses and do a hand test and compare before chasing vibes and different modes. 720P is not as prone to the dreaded 'jello' as 1080p.

Think I know why .. I just checked the raw video and its much more crisp than the vimeo version .. IO imported it into iMovie and I think i the res was reduced down from 1080p.
I'll put a raw version up and see if its any different... Ah I just checked and I've reached my upload limit on Vimeo. Will have to chop it down this eve and try again