CopterCam

Denny,

Very impressive indeed !...............Please can you give details on your platforms, cameras.......FPV, 2 man operation ?

Sid

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Dave,

OK............let me know if there is a trip.

They are some nice shots, were the Panoramas stitched or is it the 'Pano' mode from the NEX 5 ?

Here is one from yesterday from Estate :) Lanestown Castle,

gopr5320.jpg

Anyone find a slight degradation in image when using the GoPro HD with protective housing ?

Nope just cropped the image.. I was waiting for the BIGGEST moon ever in my lifetime but the flamin cloud knackered it up!

Not really looked at the GoPro since I got me Nex5..

Dave

DennyR

Long story short Sid. It's a two man op. One guy flys the model and has video goggles and I fly the camera and see a 10" monitor. The model has 3 cameras A 5D or a small Panny. for direct to camera recording. I see the output from a POV camera that looks at the Main camera LCD. the pilot sees the small SC-809 camera which faces forward on the model. The MZ14 tx has been modified with an extension box that has a third stick. I control the pan and yaw movements with this. My yaw input is mixed 50% with the normal pilots left stick yaw. The camera roll input is set on the tx and is not usually touched again after is has been leveled. If we are shooting a long sideways shot i.e. a rotational, the orientation of the models heading is changed 90 degrees and then the pilots camera is also moved. With carefree it is a simple task. I use xbee and a stinger.

CopterCam

Denny,
Thanks............ very interesting set up, your videos certainly point to the fact that creative ingenuity is at work. So, you're using MK electronics with a HL Hexa, Octo ?

Those rotational shots are sublime, might be possible for us 'one man' operations with MK's latest gizmo ?

Sid

Kilby

Wow, lots of very nice work featured in here. Keep up the great work!

I'm waiting for this weather to break so I can get a little more AP time in myself. I just started flying multi-rotors a few months ago (Jan), but I have some shots in my photo album if anyone is interested in looking. More to come very soon.

These were shot today. The lighting was terrible, Way too bright. I was shooting east in the AM so I'm shooting right into the Sun and the city is pretty washed out. Anyway, thought I'd share a few. There are some better ones but I'm gonna leave them off the internet for now. Philadelphia Art Museum(opposite side Rocky ran up) and Boathouse Row.

Go Phillies...

Attachments

• Art Museum 045-2.jpg
    Art Museum 045-2.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 381
  • Art Museum 046.jpg
    Art Museum 046.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 393
  • Art Museum 060-2.jpg
    Art Museum 060-2.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 351
  • Art Museum 126.jpg
    Art Museum 126.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 478
Last edited by a moderator:

Timing RHP timing.. still nice pics, r u FPVing the camera to set it up for the shot?

Yeah I know but there was no wind and it picked up a lot a few hours later. Also fairmount park and that area gets packed later in the day so I tried to get in early, I hear you though. Lighting, It's just another thing we got to take into consideration I guess. No FPV, I was just flying line of site with the CHDK. I've gotten pretty good with knowing what the camera is looking at even though I can't see.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Perfect.. I was always taught to try and see what the camera is seeing in your minds eye and not what you are looking at, I suppose thats what I like so much about this game coz I am trying imagine what my camera is seeing all them feet above me head! Then when you get it right its bliss.

Perfect.. I was always taught to try and see what the camera is seeing in your minds eye and not what you are looking at, I suppose thats what I like so much about this game coz I am trying imagine what my camera is seeing all them feet above me head! Then when you get it right its bliss.

Yeah I'm pretty good doing it, the only real time I get myself in trouble is when I start messing with the camera tilt. Then it's hard to judge how far down the camera is facing and what you're shooting. Other than that I can usually get good pics just by flying LOS.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I have got that dialled.. I have the camera tilt on a little lever on the side of my MX22, when I get where I want I take a shot then two click down on the lever and repeat until I can see my camera has passed the required angle.. bingo It will be harder on the DX8 if you are using the variable knob on the front of the TX coz it aint that easy to get to when your flyin. On my Gaui which I fly on the DX8 I use a three position switch to get my camera tilt.

I have got that dialled.. I have the camera tilt on a little lever on the side of my MX22, when I get where I want I take a shot then two click down on the lever and repeat until I can see my camera has passed the required angle.. bingo It will be harder on the DX8 if you are using the variable knob on the front of the TX coz it aint that easy to get to when your flyin. On my Gaui which I fly on the DX8 I use a three position switch to get my camera tilt.

I thought about using a 3 way switch. Glad to hear it works from for you I might have to try it. Obviously you adjusted the 3 angles to your liking in the 3 positions?

Kilby

These were shot today. The lighting was terrible, Way too bright. I was shooting east in the AM so I'm shooting right into the Sun and the city is pretty washed out. Anyway, thought I'd share a few. There are some better ones but I'm gonna leave them off the internet for now. Philadelphia Art Museum(opposite side Rocky ran up) and Boathouse Row.

Go Phillies...

Wow, so great to see these! I have to make it up there soon to do some shooting!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I thought about using a 3 way switch. Glad to hear it works from for you I might have to try it. Obviously you adjusted the 3 angles to your liking in the 3 positions?

Yep..just set them up so have one about 10 degrees down from horizontal, one at 45º and one at 80º That was the limit of the servo I have

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
For all the new guys here this may be the place to post your videos.. I have been away for 10 days un planned holiday and cannot believe the number of new members since I last was sat at my puter!

Been filming up in Scotland so should have some good stuff to post soon as I get it to the editing stage

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So I finally got a few of my mountian bikeing buddies up to Scotland to shot some footage with the ADX3.. The sun shone but the wind was a killer. I finally braved it and we got enough stuff between us all to put this together..

Last edited by a moderator: