Show us what you shot.

jes1111

"Full Auto" is the way to do it - making manual adjustments is kinda tricky unless you've got very long arms! ;)

But you can improve your chances by bracketing and shooting in "raw". That way you've got more, and better, material to work with back on the computer. :)

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
I went to a friend's house warming party at the weekend, and made this picture of their house from a video screen shot I took while I was there.
View attachment 7241

Attachments

• house-aerial.jpg
    house-aerial.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 204

hjls3

Main Street Durango looking north. I was there taking pics of Polar Express Santa but could not resist and while there, turned a 180, grabbed some altitude and took one of main.

View attachment 7540

Attachments

• looking north.jpg
    looking north.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 270
  • looking north.jpg
    looking north.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 290
Last edited by a moderator:

dkorick

NJ after Sandy. filmed using F550, Naza, GoPro II winds were at leas 15 mph gusts 25 mph. Original footage barely watchable, let youtube stabilize and came out decent.

xtrmtrk

Winery & Vineyards

I spent the month of October working at a friend's winery. Here are two videos I made there using:

• GoPro Hero2
  • QAV-500
  • Naza with GPS
  • FPVManuals FM4008 620kv motors
  • APC 10x4.7
  • ReadyMadeRC 1.3 gHz setup

This is my first serious attempt at doing AV. As you can see, I still have a bit of wobble and jello that I'm working on removing. I'm also not thrilled by the results of iMovie zooming in on some scenes. But I'm still pretty happy with it for my first try.

Bowley

I spent the month of October working at a friend's winery. Here are two videos I made there using:

• GoPro Hero2
  • QAV-500
  • Naza with GPS
  • FPVManuals FM4008 620kv motors
  • APC 10x4.7
  • ReadyMadeRC 1.3 gHz setup

This is my first serious attempt at doing AV. As you can see, I still have a bit of wobble and jello that I'm working on removing. I'm also not thrilled by the results of iMovie zooming in on some scenes. But I'm still pretty happy with it for my first try.

Yeah very nice, dynamic, smooth and quite novel to see some natural movement. you done a good job with vibe isolation, I only really saw a little about 00:46. what mode were you shooting in?
Certainly getting on better than me with Naza and Gopro 2. I'm getting wobbles and jello all over the place.

xtrmtrk

Yeah very nice, dynamic, smooth and quite novel to see some natural movement. you done a good job with vibe isolation, I only really saw a little about 00:46. what mode were you shooting in?
Certainly getting on better than me with Naza and Gopro 2. I'm getting wobbles and jello all over the place.

Hehe, thanks! I had about 90 minutes of video that I edited down to those couple of minutes - you should see the wobbles and jello in the other 95%! I used mostly 1080-30 and 960-30. I probably should have used some more 960-48 and will be doing that in the future. I also just updated to the new GoPro firmware and want to try some of the 35Mbps transfer rates, but I'll need a new super-high-speed SD card for that.

Other things I want to try:

• Further tuning of the Naza to help remove descent wobbles.
  • Experiment with the Naza's GPS mode vs Attitude mode.
  • Try to reduce contact points between the QAV500's "dirty" and "clean" points. I suspect the wiring between the plates transmits vibrations.
  • Buy new Graupner E-Props - hopefully more aid in getting rid of the high-speed dive wobbles.
  • Play around with mounting the GoPro with Alpha Gel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBKPyDWDiBg).

I'd also like to compare the results of zooming between iMovie, Final Cut Pro and Premier.

I'm definitely open for other suggestions.

sickan

Today I was out flying with my Discos again, this time FPV, I had to use a monitor because my glasses are broken. There are a few scenes at the end that is not FPV but most are :) This was actually the first time I flew FPV for real without plunging into the field all the time at every turn, I only broke two propellers today, it was when I flew a bit in the woods :)

The film are too long, and at times certainly boring, that’s on me ;) I'm not that good at editing clips. Flew five LiPos today and they gave me about 15 minutes each!

http://youtu.be/CqEqnVkKofc

--
S

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just got back from Baja today. This is the first of three videos we are posting. We followed the Monster Energy Athletes for 9 days. all aerials were shot on the Octa with a GH2.

I did not use a hack. It looked fine for the job and wanted consistency. I also did not use the Video out but used an FPV cam for the camera operator. It was a bit if an extra challenge to frame the shot with a slightly different focal length, but we are happy with most of the footage. I am going to start experimenting with hacks now.