S900 Owner's Thread and Mini Build Log

Ronan

For what camera? Did you get the InfinityM-P3? Did they sell it with the AlexMos controller or you bought that separately?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I purchased it with the controller, everything assembled and tuned, including a new anti-vibration plate and the proper brackets for my S900 and T810. This was a special order item, usually you have to DIY.

I'm using a Sony PJ810 HD Camcorder that i control remotely (zoom in/out, start/stop video, activate shutter) for aerial inspections. I also control the gimbal tilt and roll, all from my Futaba 14SG.

I can also stick pretty much stick any small DSLR on it, do a rough balance and then have the Alexmos auto-tune and voila done. GH4 comes up to my mind for better 4k video's and photos.

Reason i went with it, is simply because it weights so much less than a Z15, and in my case, lets me use a HD camcorder with a zoom.

You can PM me if you need too, so we don't derail the thread too much.

wildnico

Hi from New Zealand everyone,

Received S900+Z15 GH4 and lightbridge. Linking to my existing T14SG.

I’ve currently put the frame together and connected the electronics, haven’t had a test flight yet, will have to wait for the week-end and then I’ll add gimbal and lightbridge.

I can confirm I received a pair of longer arms with my shipment but the instruction manual didn’t seem to specify this would be required for the GH4: “due to size restrictions for Z15-5N / 7N gimbal, users should purchase extended landing skid legs (used with Z15-5N/7N gimbal) to avoid damage and/or failure to self-test.”

So for now I mounted the normal length ones – can anyone confirm if the long ones are required for the GH4? I’d rather switch now if required, than once the gimbal has been attached ;-)

Cheers

Nico

wildnico

Looks like I forgot to read the only page in the middle of this thread that had quite a bit more info about this leg question :) however I'm still unsure if - with the new HD GH4 gimbal - it is necessary to install the long legs (which I have in stock anyway) cheers

PMaughan

Looks like I forgot to read the only page in the middle of this thread that had quite a bit more info about this leg question :) however I'm still unsure if - with the new HD GH4 gimbal - it is necessary to install the long legs (which I have in stock anyway) cheers
Yes you do need the longer legs for GH4.
Pete

sonos

Hey there, does anyone also recognized vibrations at the landing gear when its down? I and also 2 other person have this problem. do u think it could come from gaisnaettings? i use the recommend gain vallues and i think it flies well

xahhax

What is the final word on those longer legs? I bought the zenmuse Gh4 and the DJI S900 together...and now that I am done testing the bird without the gimbal...I just found the legs are too short. How can that happen? After the issues I have with the Gh4, this. Is there any form of QA in that company??
Will they replace them at no cost?

DLien

Ed, Can you tell us what the length of the original gear leg and the length of the longer replacement tubes?

Ronan

I'll see if i get any facepalm from any of you guys ;)

Ordered a whole bunch of XT150 and AS150 to replace all my connectors on my charger + 6s lipo's for the S900. I'm also replacing the 'oem' one's on the S900 since they suck. It took a lot of searching to find them with a quick shipping and not have to wait weeks for them to arrive...

They arrived Wednesday... or so i was told. Turns out someone STOLE my package with the connectors in them! Yupp... the mailman just left them on the patio door of a multi-apartment complex.

Replacements are arriving Monday. 15 years of packages arriving to me, i'v had lost packages in the mail, delays, etc, but NEVER anything stolen like this, and not 2 month in our new apartment in Annapolis and my package is stolen... Installing a security camera since USPS doesn't understand the 'Do Not Leave Packages' sign... Package also required signature too ;)

Tahoe Ed

I'll see if i get any facepalm from any of you guys ;)

Ordered a whole bunch of XT150 and AS150 to replace all my connectors on my charger + 6s lipo's for the S900. I'm also replacing the 'oem' one's on the S900 since they suck. It took a lot of searching to find them with a quick shipping and not have to wait weeks for them to arrive...

They arrived Wednesday... or so i was told. Turns out someone STOLE my package with the connectors in them! Yupp... the mailman just left them on the patio door of a multi-apartment complex.

Replacements are arriving Monday. 15 years of packages arriving to me, i'v had lost packages in the mail, delays, etc, but NEVER anything stolen like this, and not 2 month in our new apartment in Annapolis and my package is stolen... Installing a security camera since USPS doesn't understand the 'Do Not Leave Packages' sign... Package also required signature too ;)

Man that sucks.

xahhax

attachment.php

short vs correct S900 legs.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 416

Tahoe Ed

I would say that it is the standard S900 leg versus the extended legs. They are the same as the S1000 legs in case you cannot find the S900 branded ones.

xahhax

How can they be standard if they are not suited to DJI own gimbal?? What's the percentage of S900 carrying a Zenmuse vs something else. Sorry I don't buy that.
Clearly judging how quickly they were to replace them it's pretty clear it was a mistake to them. Semantics are important here.

HexCam

So Ben, did you receive the longer legs now to get your GH4 gimbal off the floor?
The GH4 has arrived. just waiting for the S900 now. Looking forward to it!

Tahoe Ed

How can they be standard if they are not suited to DJI own gimbal?? What's the percentage of S900 carrying a Zenmuse vs something else. Sorry I don't buy that.
Clearly judging how quickly they were to replace them it's pretty clear it was a mistake to them. Semantics are important here.

They were noted as being short for the zen gimbals. If you look at my first posts here this was noted and reported to China. You would be surprised at the number of guys flying them with the H3-3D with plans for the GP4. Many guys have been 3D printing mounting plates for them. I have one user that is fitting a IR camera for search and rescue. "I can fly at 50mph to get were I need to be, look around and get back in less time it would take me in a Phantom." There are and will be lots of uses, it is still brand new on the market.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
So Ben, did you receive the longer legs now to get your GH4 gimbal off the floor?
The GH4 has arrived. just waiting for the S900 now. Looking forward to it!

I'm sticking with the shorter legs, they look cooler! I just use the foam from the Peli case to initialize on then place the rig on the ground for take off.

Many guys have been 3D printing mounting plates for them. I have one user that is fitting a IR camera for search and rescue. "I can fly at 50mph to get were I need to be, look around and get back in less time it would take me in a Phantom."

Being new to Multis and aerial filming, what IR camera set-ups are they using for S&R?

Ronan

Being new to Multis and aerial filming, what IR camera set-ups are they using for S&R?

Depends. Any lightweight IR/Thermal camera theoretically works. Take a look at FLIR camera's, that's what I use. If I'm ever asked to do a S&R I would mount that on my S900 and get 30+ mins of flight time with a large lipo.

Last edited by a moderator: