S800 alternative props

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
Thats where I get some of my droidworx stuff, just dont like the shipping and paypal fees. So I am still collecting what else I can buy from them :) but thanks for linking might be better shipping to others

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
okay first results ! Fully loaded s800 z15 gh2 zippy 8000 mAh:

15 x 5 Xoar :

View attachment 6666

14 x 4.7 APC :

View attachment 6667

APC flight was very short. First of all I forgot to switch on the telemetry to start logging and than i heard a noise i didn't like. Since i didn't have the little inlay with me for the APCs i though it was because of that and stopped testing.

of coarse i forgot most of my stuff again, so the datalink wasn't with me so i couldn't do full flights to drain the lips since that my only way to have feedback of the lipo. I don't use the LED lipo signal.

Videos to follow !

But i must say i prefer the Xoar for now. Nice solid sound both props gave me a stable performance although there were gusts etc. I liked the sound and the feel of the Xoar better though, more solid just a safer feeling for some reasons. Gains are different for both ! Xoar need higher ones or can take higher gains and seems less nervous on higher gains. Don't know the values though since I had the on the radio ! Xoar to also work a little better conceding draw. To add there was much more wind when i was flying the Xoars mainly flying attitude and i had to hold the bird on position manually. The APC were in the air when there was hardly any wind going on. Should be considered concerning consumption and A needed to hover !

Boris

Attachments

• 15x5Xoar.jpg
    15x5Xoar.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 293
  • 14x4.7APC.jpg
    14x4.7APC.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 271
Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Ah temps. Both the same little warm, maybe a little warmer with the Xoar caffe having this temp I would pour it away :) !

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Japp additionally you have to consider that the xoar setup had to fight against the wind the APCs had calm conditions !

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Videos hard mounted gopro, head mounted gopro onto copter and z15 video to follow if anything interesting can be seen

ChrisViperM

For some reason the shop is saying they are on maintanance....but the props are not carbon....they are wood, but painted black...check the bore

View attachment 6669

Chris

Attachments

• XOAR-15x5-Holzpropeller-Paar-Schwarz-Multirotor-Elektromotoren.jpg
    XOAR-15x5-Holzpropeller-Paar-Schwarz-Multirotor-Elektromotoren.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 146