S800 alternative props

dolby

Needs more bacon!
I ordered a set on the 18th, how long do you think it'll take for them to get to the states? 2 weeks? 3 weeks?

dolby

Needs more bacon!
Oh, I thought you sent mine out on the 19th. Just don't know how long it normally takes shipping wise from your part of the world to mine. Was just curious if you knew. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DennyR

Yes yours is on its way. Greece should be another 4days Sorry for not advising everyone but I have to get another 20 sets out by tomorrow night.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
so ready to test I hope tomorrow. What were these graupners people were discussing about ?

Unilog installed so should get the needed data to compare flight time A draw etc.

15 x 5 Xoar 14 x 4 JXF and 14 4.7 APC

View attachment 6642

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 364

Have you guys noticed fewer vibrations with any particular props? I know several of you have mentioned vibrations with the stock carbon ones. I did a shoot this weekend on the Outer Banks for a Triathlon and got some really great footage, but I also have vibes at different times. I think my worst harmonic seems to be as I am descending slowly. Hopefully better props may help with this.

DennyR

You are going out with the special edition ones today Jeff. (1mm longer)

DennyR

Have you guys noticed fewer vibrations with any particular props? I know several of you have mentioned vibrations with the stock carbon ones. I did a shoot this weekend on the Outer Banks for a Triathlon and got some really great footage, but I also have vibes at different times. I think my worst harmonic seems to be as I am descending slowly. Hopefully better props may help with this.
Hi Ghostrider
You should not see any vibration with the Zen. if so I think your mount is out of balance. The camera should not move at all even if you place the model at 90 degrees on it's side. But if you change to 14x8 Graupner it will not vibrate.

DennyR

Those woden props look pretty cool on the S800, can't wait to hear what your results are BorisS.

I think the Graupners people are talking about are the 14x8's http://www.electricwingman.com/graupner-elektro-propeller-14x8.aspx & http://www.electricwingman.com/product.aspx?product=2208

Can't wait to get mine so I can start testing. Hurry up stupid customs! :)
What I liked about the Graupner 14x8 is the distribution of lift along the blade It works harder in the center which is good for stability and motor cooling. To me they felt much softer on the sticks. 15" may cost you some stability....and draw some amps.

Same old story, best efficiency is not the best stability.

I look fwd. to see your results Boris.

Electricwingman have a nice data logger but it's always out of stock.