prop balancer

Mojave

Images you your motor test set up . . .

Carapau,
Did you balance the props before you mounted them on your motors and if you take the props off for transport how will you key them to the motor and to the position on the mounting bracket? Questions - questions . . . would you mind showing a photo or more of your testing set up. I will be doing the same thing to the motor and prop combination that you have. Just purchased the Dynex - thanks in advance!

Hi Mark, I have been trying to balance my motors and props using the Dynex. Two issues. It seems that no matter what tiral weight I use I always get a report saying that it is too heavy or too light, even if I use the trial weight tool- any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Secondly, I can get the vibes at the frequency I am running my motor (approx 40hz) down to about 0.03 which seems to be on a par with all the other background vibes ie when you look across all the frequencies the amplitues are all about that appart from one peak which is happening at the 240Hz or there abouts and this is way bigger than anything else. Given that this is about 5.8 times the rotational frequency, any idea what might be causing this? I am using 18inch Tmotor props on the Tiger U7 motors (12N14p config). Thanks very much. I would also echo that this is not the easiest thing to learn but I am getting there!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Carapau,
Did you balance the props before you mounted them on your motors and if you take the props off for transport how will you key them to the motor and to the position on the mounting bracket? Questions - questions . . . would you mind showing a photo or more of your testing set up. I will be doing the same thing to the motor and prop combination that you have. Just purchased the Dynex - thanks in advance!

I was under the impression that if the motor is balanced, and the prop is balanced, there should be no need to "key" it to be replaced in the same position.

I guess it could be different if the dynamic balancing is done with prop on. The Dynex seems like a decent learning curve, but I can't imagine you'd get a more thorough balance once you wrap your head around it.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Thanks for the reply. Well I guess that if my cogging is causing the largest vibes then the prop and the motor bell must be reasonably balanced! What distance should the trial weight be placed from the centre- sorry I can't remember if this is mentioned in the tool as I am not near my set up at the moment?

dynexhobby

Good vibrations
The trial & final weight for a propeller should be close to the tips. What ever radial distance you use, you must maintain throught the balance.

Thanks for the reply. Well I guess that if my cogging is causing the largest vibes then the prop and the motor bell must be reasonably balanced! What distance should the trial weight be placed from the centre- sorry I can't remember if this is mentioned in the tool as I am not near my set up at the moment?

dynexhobby

Good vibrations
Hi guys, please note there is a new software upgrade available. The latest version now includes a measurement tool which can be used independent of the Scope software. It is only available to customers who purchase the Vortex. You can download it at the link below;

http://www.dynexhobby.com/windows.html

Enjoy
biggrin.gif

DH

Also checkout our YouTube video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZD9NODV9BI