Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

GeorgeM

Hi Snurre..... Your Pan axis is a work of art !!!

Glad to have helped you make your wish come true so quickly.

:)

gm>>

pagani

i set up my picloc with the power of usb, but when i connect the battery it has dιfferent results, it has drift in manual pan(aux2) and vibs during flight, can i connect the battery while i set up my picloc on my pc??

GeorgeM

Yes, Pagani.. You Can !

It is having different results when you connect the battery, because the servos move faster.....its as if they have more gain.
So..its a must to set up with battery powering your Setup.

zorba

Well I give up. I've been on it now for 4 hours, and still no go.
When I had the v1 it worked but, I figured I might as well upgrade for the better....Not.

I'll get some sleep and try again tomorrow.
I'll be up early again and go at it, I have all day so will see.
If I can't get it going is up for sale.
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Tott

@george..... I still have the version 1 picloc 3x pro's. I have never received a message back about my upgrade options, but seeing the problems with the v2 just like I had with the v1 I am not so sure that is the best option for me at this point. Can you please send me a pm or email so we can discuss.

@zorba keep me in mind if you decide to sell....

GeorgeM

Hey Zorba... I told you I'll offer you my support. Dr J ??

Tott... its not problems with V2 or not........its sorting out the firmware's complex commutation in neutral mode which caused this delay.
Once that's sorted, only very few minor quirks remain.

dr ray

dr ray
Hi George,
I was able to install v58-28 toolz and on pic3xpro v2. having picloc v2 runing for 20min nicely, only usb-pc-connection. i was setting up the parameter on radio setup i1-i5rx-ch input. then eprom save, then connected a futaba recever rf617. while i was plugging in the recever to I5 input, connection got lost to toolz and pc does not recognize picloc any more.
pic. is still working with jeti and green light is on, blue is flashing. same symtoms i had one year back with v1, resoldering solved then the problem. but know the mini usb looks more solid, and i don`t know what to do?
i treated the usb connetction like o raw egg, no moving at all.

dr ray

btw. pic. v1 with h055 is still working with pc (laptop)

Last edited by a moderator:

GeorgeM

Hi Ray,

Picloc has Twin Power Protection Diodes, to enable:

1) to be powered from USB and give a low current supply out of the servo connections ( to verify operation only - not to stabilize a gimbal ). ( hope you did not burn this diode....if yes... there's an easy fix )
2) Battery power to be plugged in, supplying the Servos with Input Voltage, and powering Picloc and its internal electronics.

So...

Send me an email so that when I arrive home, I mail you a couple of things to check.

gm>>

GeorgeM

Bill... please stop speaking on public forum like we're neighbors. ( I don't want this thread longer than Photohigher's RSGS )......

When I get home I call you... that's in 1 hour.

zorba

Well what can I say...George came through..
He helped setup my Picloc3xpro and it works like a charm.
He went out of his way to serve me and for that my hat is off to you George.
@ Tott

Sorry bro it looks like I'm gonna keep the Picloc.

Cheers
Bill

GeorgeM

Zorba... depends on where you got it from... US/Canada Dealer or from Ebay...JP ??

as far as I know Your JR9303 conforms to DSMJ FHSS protocol...

But I did not study it....so I may be wrong.