Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

We'd already registered as one of the first 200 but I'd been waiting for an email from you before sending the picloc back... Will send you an email now.

GeorgeM

Hi,
I will reply to your emails this evening/tomorrow morning.
Very busy getting the new piclocs ready.
I am just waiting for cables for the external magnetometer to arrive. They were sent with the wrong plug that plugs in the magnetometer board !
In the meantime, we're doing other assembly work, so that mailing is speedier.
I'm very afraid that the Piclocs won't arrive to you guys for Christmas, but will arrive in the week between Christmas and New year.
DHL !! Please hurry up the cables !!

Skysurf

I need to get hold of the 58_83 version of the firmware. The link on the website has been deleted. Anyone here have it?

Thanks,

Jesper

Skysurf

Vojec,

thanks. I thought that I had an issues with 58_04 and wanted to revert to 58_03. However, it had nothing to do with the firmware and a lot to do with the "operator".

Merry Christmas,

Jesper

GeorgeM

http://www.rotorpics.com/p3xv58_14/PiclocToolz_v58_14.htm

This is the one shipping out with the new Piclocs....There is also a version for V1 Piclocs.
The documentation for it is not ready yet, nor are the tutorial videos, however for starters, there is a link to PDF to get you going.

This works very well with the Picloc-3X v1, and is AWESOME with the 3X v2.
The reason, is due to the upgraded gyro on the V2, and the little secret that 'surrounds' it.
More on this later.

Wishing everyone A Fantastic Christmas, and lots of good health and happiness for 2013.

George.

PS... after loading up the firmware.. if you get strange readings on your i1 to i5 inputs ( if using traditional RX ), press the Futaba or JR buttons in the RADIO TAB.
This will show these values correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomb

Still trying to get my Piclocs to work with the a satellite and a Spektrum DX6i. I have spent quite some time on this now and I really want to get it working. Any help is greatly appreciated!

This is what's happening:

When I connect the DSM2 satellite to the 3X and move the throttle channel on the DX6i, the Spektrum ID changes in the tools. Also, two of the channels are not centered and will only allow for partial range of movement.

Thanks,

Jesper

same problem here, throttle changing the id all gains not centered and inputs from tx on other channels in pictools with the dx6i and sattalite with the 58.14

GeorgeM

Thomb, Jesper,

Really strange !! DX6i works perfectly here...

see this clip ( save it ,then view ) -> CLIP

DX6i does not have different framerates (like DX8).. AFAIK.
Works on all power settings.... EU, France, and US.
Perhaps, there is something different in the DSM protocol (both) your radios are using.
But this can be resolved very quickly with a skype call.
How about tomorrow for a skype ?
contact me by email.

Thomb

Thomb, Jesper,

Really strange !! DX6i works perfectly here...

see this clip ( save it ,then view ) -> CLIP

DX6i does not have different framerates (like DX8).. AFAIK.
Works on all power settings.... EU, France, and US.
Perhaps, there is something different in the DSM protocol (both) your radios are using.
But this can be resolved very quickly with a skype call.
How about tomorrow for a skype ?
contact me by email.

Well i almost got it sorted, i have the new DSMX transmitter, on the dmx2 and dsm2 mode i get the wrong inputs.
Ive tried it with DSM2 only and all is perfect in the middle exept the throttle (channel1) it at max. will try to bind the sattalite again with throttle in the middle.

Getting there!

Thom

All is working perfect exept the throttle and rudder, when moving throttle the spectrum ID is changing and aileron doing nothing.

when i set the radio on dx7 in tools i see the throttle working fine on channel 7-aux2 and rudder still changing the spectrum ID and a bit on throttle.

GeorgeM

Thom... if you don't make it work, it is in my interest to get yours working well. This can be best done by a 15 minute Skype call, where I load special firmware into your Picloc, and I see the output from your DX6i.

I was also sent a DM8 ( Spektrum module for Futaba ) and this is now also working ( Pfenni....) !!
It will be added as a special firmware, and then integrated into the main firmware.

Thanks !

GM>>

Thomb

Thom... if you don't make it work, it is in my interest to get yours working well. This can be best done by a 15 minute Skype call, where I load special firmware into your Picloc, and I see the output from your DX6i.

I was also sent a DM8 ( Spektrum module for Futaba ) and this is now also working ( Pfenni....) !!
It will be added as a special firmware, and then integrated into the main firmware.

Thanks !

GM>>

sended you an email, thanks!