10kg Heavy lifter

?

no their not..
i fly 2217 and 2814 up to 6S

these motors are doing their work with high rpm,s
i had a quadro with 2814 and 12x3,8 props
8000mah 5S and had 26 minutes flightime (herkules board)

all the Axi 2217 and 2814 we sell can take up to 6S , its just the load you guys put them on
more rpms does not mean more power needed.
a fine high rpm will get you less power consumed

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Where on earth do you find 8000mah 5S LiPo's?

This is all really bad news, having laid out for a dozen 4S packs!

jes1111

This is all really bad news, having laid out for a dozen 4S packs!

eCalc is your friend. Moving to 5S is not an automatic gain. Everything obviously needs to work together - can the motors take that voltage? can the props take the higher speed? etc. Measure or calculate the weight of your craft including camera and gimbal but excluding motors, ESCs and batteries, then plug that figure in to the top of eCalc ("excl. Drive") - then you can play endless what-if games to discover how to optimise your flight times.

Macsgrafs

Droidworx EU, so are you saying my otors can take 5s lipos??? According to the manufacturer it says 3 - 4S lipos as power source?

Ross

Krleas you love to see some more pictures of the landing gear in your build.
Also how does it fly? Since you have a lot of Multis how does it compare?

krleas

FPV Freak
Krleas you love to see some more pictures of the landing gear in your build.
Also how does it fly? Since you have a lot of Multis how does it compare?

Coming soon with pictures and videos.
This retractabl elanding gear is really great. And its flying like a jumbo jet or tank.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Droidworx EU, so are you saying my otors can take 5s lipos??? According to the manufacturer it says 3 - 4S lipos as power source?

Ross

You are correct to ask. The bigger 4120, such as used on the SkyJib, has a manufacturer's rating for 5-6 cells and our 2814 size a recommendation for 3-4 cells. I am certainly in the dark with this stuff. I am aware that a higher voltage can reduce (heat inducing) current and that's about the limit of my 'expertise'.

The eCalc was a little confusing at first as it initially told me there was no way my AD-8 could even get off the ground. Eventually it came up with flight times of 5 minutes - even less than the 6 minutes I have been complaining about. Lighter cameras is the obvious answer!

I think we need a dedicated thread on this subject.

krleas

FPV Freak
I have on my AD8 with av200 360 pan flight time arround 10-12 min with 1,5kg camera.
5s and 2x nano 6000 mAh with 2814 motors, large 465 booms and 13x6,5 xoar carbon props.

I have no problems with heating.

Macsgrafs

I have on my AD8 with av200 360 pan flight time arround 10-12 min with 1,5kg camera.
5s and 2x nano 6000 mAh with 2814 motors, large 465 booms and 13x6,5 xoar carbon props.

That's superb flight times with your setup Krleas, 5s 12A.

Ross

Are you running 5S or 4S Nano 6000's? I can not find 5S nano 6000's anywhere. I checked your site also for them. I have the exact same set up as you and would like to try out a 5S.

When switching from 4S to 5S, is there anything I need to do before with the hercules or FC? Or can I simply plug and play?

Since you have the same set up as me. I was wandering if you could help me to use the Ecalc. What numbers did you put in for the weight of copter and such? Do you put the total weight including the Motors and Lipo's? When I put my total weight at 4200 grams inc drive. With the axi motors. 4S 6000 lipos. It says my motors are over their recomended current limit. I just wanted to see what numbers you put in to give me an idea if I am doing something wrong. I am running the AD8 HLE, 465mm booms, av200 360, Quadropower Motors,Hercules ESC boards, 13x 6.5 xoar carbon props, and 4S 6000 Nano lipos. Can you let me know what info I should be typing into Ecalc

Thanks, Patrick

Last edited by a moderator:

Sebas600

Are you running 5S or 4S Nano 6000's? I can not find 5S nano 6000's anywhere. I checked your site also for them. I have the exact same set up as you and would like to try out a 5S.

When switching from 4S to 5S, is there anything I need to do before with the hercules or FC? Or can I simply plug and play?

Do you know the weight of your copter minus the Motors and Lipo's? I was hoping to get that figure so I can use the Ecalc.

Thanks, Patrick

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9934 works fine 30C 5c 5800mah

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke

Which firmware are you running? FW 0.86 introduced an issue whereby either there was an overheating problem with the BL ctrls OR temperatures were fairly normal but being stated as being high within KopterTool. I am not aware that this has been resolved, despite the 0.86f update which introduced an option to remove motor smoothing - whatever the hell that is.

I have just come back from a session to specifically measure flight times and temperatures with different battery/camera combinations. With a 5D in a regular Highsight SLR2 mount (combined weight of 1.88kg) my best time was 11:50 minutes with two 6600 mah Vislero's (1.4kg) with a BL temp range from 48°- 93° !!!! (why is there such a huge difference between high and low temps?). At the end of the flight the battery cable and connector were almost too hot to hold for more than a couple of seconds.

The outside ambient temperature was 7°C. I'd be totally screwed in summer!

This is with a standard AD-8 HLE v.3 with 410 booms and 12"/3.8 APC's. I understand that a week or two AFTER I bought it boom length was increased to 430mm to accommodate 13" props.

Swapping the 5D and 6600 LiPo's for a Sony 5N and 2x 5000 Vislero's increased flight time to 13 minutes and reduced maximum temp range to 40°-80° with average temps being 38°-73°.

It flies great, hovers smoothly and seems to do all the right things but it gets really hot and bothered with a 5D payload.

krleas

FPV Freak
Today big machine had maiden flight.

Total weight with batteries 9kg
Hover with 4s - 76A
flight time 15 min
Temperatures on Aerodrive 21oC.
Props xoar 14x7 but i will switch to 14x10.

Tomorrow test with 5s 24.000 mAh and payload 24x0.33l beer

Some pictures:

sj1.jpg

sj2.jpg

sj3.jpg

sj4.jpg

sj5.jpg

sj6.jpg

sj7.jpg

sj8.jpg

sj9.jpg

sj10.jpg