Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

holco

Same here, but imho if he make's more tutorials en manuals there is a lot less mail/Skype support needed ;)

Actually I think George has great support when you can get in touch with him, but he is just overwhelmed with his day job and the popularity of the picloc. He has Skyped with me and helped me through email many times to figure out my first picloc was not working, then he sent me a new version for no charge and it works great. However there have also been times where he doesn't respond to email for weeks, because he literally has hundreds of questions in his inbox and doesn't have the time to read them all.

STEVE5

Hi Copterman,
Did u find any solution about the placing magnetometer? I foud small box for it and i plan to mount it on AV200 in hole at the oposite side of pan servo.

About the external magnetometer, on February 21st George wrote me an email and basically said the firmware still had a minor bug with the magnetometer and for now to tuck it away until he comes out with new firmware. I assume since the last firmware was released on January 28th that his advice still hasn't changed. I just taped mine to the side of the picloc and disabled it in the GUI. My Picloc 3x is currently working better than any other servo based gimbal controller we've tried, but I don't use pan stabilization, only tilt and roll, so using the mag probably wouldn't help my situation anyway.

Now I can't wait to get some external brushless ESC for my Picloc!

Lauterbacher

Hi,

I have a small problem. I have changed my RC to Graupner Hott. Everything works fine if I use i5 RX CH input. But when I use the sum option in order to save a lot of cables PICLOC doesnt seem to get a signal. I have connected to the GR-24 at channel 8 fur sum output. I have also changed the receiver to "sumo 09". The connection goes to I1 at PICLOC V2.

Am I making some stupid mistake?

Regards

Derek

I have the same problem.. someone knows how to fix?

I don't think the sum option is working right now. I just got the smallest RX possible and stuck it with double side tape directly to the picloc, that way I can use very short cables and don't worry about the cables adding drag to the gimbal movement.

EricH

What goes up...
No problem with ppm sum here. works well. could be a compatibility problem with the hott system? I use frsky for the camera mount.

E

EricH

What goes up...
Just to make sure....did you select i1 in the radio control type selector in the radio tab and assigned all the channels correctly? Also, martix channel number in toolz is not the same as channel number on your TX

E

ray_t

Hi everyone,

I just tried out my new picloc and found that even I'm using a 360 servo, I can't have continous rotation on the pan axis.
How do I circumvent this problem?

Cheers, Ray

wizprod

Sure you have enabled the 360 mode on the pan axis in the picloc?

Hi everyone,

I just tried out my new picloc and found that even I'm using a 360 servo, I can't have continous rotation on the pan axis.
How do I circumvent this problem?

Cheers, Ray

ray_t

Sure you have enabled the 360 mode on the pan axis in the picloc?

Yes. I had it enabled.
The real problem was a misunderstanding in the shop that sold the servo to me.
They told me, it was a 360 servo, but in fact it was a 7x360 servo with feedback.
Fixed that and now it works - but it tends to overshoot it's position by 2-3cm when it compensates a big movement. Any hint on this, anybody?

Ray

wizprod

I have the same problem with over/undershooting when doing big movement... Very annoying, and can't seems to tweak my way out of it. Any tips or tricks are more than welcome.

Yes. I had it enabled.
The real problem was a misunderstanding in the shop that sold the servo to me.
They told me, it was a 360 servo, but in fact it was a 7x360 servo with feedback.
Fixed that and now it works - but it tends to overshoot it's position by 2-3cm when it compensates a big movement. Any hint on this, anybody?

Ray

wizprod

Hmm, also having having a lot of problems with drifting... the first 5-10 min it's fine, but then it starts drifting around. One scenario is the gimbal drifting around slowly on all axis, but the virtual horizon stays absolutely still... :S

Needless to say that the axis have been centered..

RCSHOT

Please,
there's someone who tells me how to activate / deactivate the autopano function from my DX8?
Once activated by PiclocToolz is always active or we could ON/OFF by TX?

Thank you!

Diego Farina

snurre

Unfortunately, as far as I am aware, there is no way to activate / deactivate it remotely with your TX. Have you gotten the autopano to work correctly (100%)? I discovered that it is always, consistantly, omitting one trigger point per turn! Rendering the feature completely useless! I told George about it in February and he put it on the list of bugs to be fixed in next release. Frankly, I now have my doubts about there will ever be a next release... :dejection:. Did anybody else notice the auto pano bug? Or is it just me...?

RCSHOT

Hi Snurre, hi to everybody!
I confirm everything you said!

Autopano does not seem to be operated by Transmitter and, worst of all, it skip 1 shot every 360° turn!!!!

AUTOPANO FUNCTION IS ACTUALLY USELESS!

I wrote email to George but we have to get lucky to have an answer!

He should be able to

-read
-respond
-solve these problems and requests releasing new firmware

He has already launched the project of the brushless system but he should understood that a product must be sold "working" because then it ends up that the buyers of the new system will turn elsewhere instead of buying it!

I know it's hard to manage all these things ... especially when your primary job is another (even for me it's so), but you must have the trust of your customers to continue to do this job! Do you agree with me?

I think even George agree with this and will resolve these issues before releasing other new products!

Diego Farina

catak

Hello,

I have a question about the picloc 3 v2 pro.
I instal it on a Cinestar 3axis gimbal, configure it and its working good.
The issue is that when the gimbal is moving for stabilisation i am unable to move the stick with the Spektrum Dx6i remote.
If i'm moving the gimbal with my hand for testing the stabilisation i can move the camera with the remote stick only when the gimbal is steady and its not stabilising.
Any ideea of what i did wrong? or this is normal?

Thanks

fowlpa

Hi, A while ago I read your comments regarding the XBEE and I have the same problem connecting a Series 2 xbee to a picloc3x V2, did you find a solution ? All the tests work fine for me too but no joy in tools, thanks, Paul.