Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

GeorgeM

Hi, my apologies for missing to visit this thread for a while.

@ Fowlpa - I will make a tutorial/demo showing that it works, and how it works

@ all posts regarding AutoPano... This was a long standing bug,I apologize !!! ..... and since very few were actually using it, it went on the back burner.
However I have solved this ( perhaps too late !! ), but anyway...its solved. I ve used it many times myself for some really accurate mega panos.
I will try to upload a firmware which has this autopano corrected asap.

A new firmware with a better stabilization algorithm will be released as a new firmware very soon.
Its similar to what I am now using in the new brushless picloc.... which is ...as yet unreleased... until last remaining issues are FULLY sorted.
Let me tell you..... its something which is currently unique. Tight lips. No Questions pleazzzz ;)

Thanks !!!

George

Last edited by a moderator:

wizprod

I'm looking into buying the alexmos 3 axis. Too many issues with the newest picloc :

- The magnet sensor is a wierd size and with a wierd wire-length. If anything, group all sensors together like with the Tarot stabilizer. Makes it a lot easier to place.
- My picloc starts to drift after 2-3 mins on a continous rotation setup. So I have basically have a 359 eur black plastic box that I can't use.
- Almost complete lack of support.

Sorry George, I really wanted to use your product, but especially the lack of proper support and proper manual have scared me away from buying any future products from you. Hire a supporter-guy, then you can concentrate on dev'ing new stuff.

okeannos

I'm looking into buying the alexmos 3 axis. Too many issues with the newest picloc :

- The magnet sensor is a wierd size and with a wierd wire-length. If anything, group all sensors together like with the Tarot stabilizer. Makes it a lot easier to place.
- My picloc starts to drift after 2-3 mins on a continous rotation setup. So I have basically have a 359 eur black plastic box that I can't use.
- Almost complete lack of support.

Sorry George, I really wanted to use your product, but especially the lack of proper support and proper manual have scared me away from buying any future products from you. Hire a supporter-guy, then you can concentrate on dev'ing new stuff.

Which motors do you use? modified rc ? In my opinion the drift does not come from picloc, it comes from the modified RC controller circuit. my gimbal has no drift unless i use the magnetometer.

Totoro

JetCat Monster
Hey folks! Anyone here able to help out with the PICLOC? George seems to be impossible to get hold of...
I have purchased Bergen Turbine Observer with the PICLOC 3X PRO (v.1) - but can't get the PICLOC to work.
The key issue is that I am unable to update the unit's firmware to match with the latest control SW available on George's site.
I am following the instructions in the bootloader PDF to the teeth - but the FlashMagic is failing with "can't autobaud" message.
Also - on the unit itself - the white LED does light up when USB is connected (there is no "secret" switch next to the S3 servo port on the v1 unit - there is a rather visible one on the main face).
Then the white LED goes out in about 10 seconds - as it should. But instead of the RGB LED's being dimply lit - the blue one keeps flashing.
Anyone can chime in?

Cheers

Totoro

gozzi24

I am looking for a 3 axis controller for a Tarot 5d gimbal. The Picloc was mentioned but it seems there are guys having issues with this controller too. Has anyone tried the Picloc with the Tarot 5d gimbal and had any success?
Thanks guys!

I use one. It is about the same as the others. I like that I can use the jeti box with it to tune without a computer. I run one for Pan on an AV200 and RSGS on tilt and roll, which seems to be working out best for me. I also have a Picloc (V1) for sale, a Hoverfly gimbal for sale and a RSGS for sale. Just don't have them listed.

wizprod

I am looking for a 3 axis controller for a Tarot 5d gimbal. The Picloc was mentioned but it seems there are guys having issues with this controller too. Has anyone tried the Picloc with the Tarot 5d gimbal and had any success?
Thanks guys!

I have used a picloc v3 pro on the tarot 5d gimbal. Very mixed feelings. Pitch and roll it good, however the yaw is a mess! I simply couldn't get it to work probably. Either it it oscillate with ever increasing power, or, when trying to correct the pids for the oscialting behaviour (using official video guides and tutorials) it just made it ridiculously slow in the compensation instead.

I think the picloc has a general with the pot-less continuous rotation servos. Tried it on another gimbal with normal potted servos, and the stabilization was awesome there.

thecadman

I have a new Picloc Pro v2 that I will probably never get around to using if anyone wants it.
I might be interested - is it still available? How much? I am not that happy about the lack of support and George not replying to emails now but if the price is right I might be willing to look at it.
i have a Photoship one 3X pro and need a stabiliser for it. It has continuous rotation servos - would the alex moss controller stabilise that ?
thanks
Steve steve@cadschool.co.uk is best to reply to!

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Cor, yeah, you're right. KW is selling it for €399. €1 less!
So now you know what to do, right?

Mine is also new. I got it because they came out but the original v3 still works okay so this one never got used. It is just another item sitting in my huge wasted money box.

Cor, yeah, you're right. KW is selling it for €399. €1 less!
So now you know what to do, right?

Mine is also new. I got it because they came out but the original v3 still works okay so this one never got used. It is just another item sitting in my huge wasted money box.

Ha! I've got 2 in my money pit box as well, along with an RSGS and HFgimbal. Sad.

mitmit

wow!
I have two brand new latest 3XPRO V2's with external sensor +1 brand new 3XPRO V2 without sensor.
Ready to let them go anywhere on planet earth or nearest satellites for EUR200 + EMS shipping.
bulk deal!
anyone? George? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jan Novák

Has anybody some firmware for picloc 3x? I have last working picloc toolz 0.58 (portable version), but I need firmware for this version (0.58), it's the .hex file. If anyone has some other working version of Picloc toolz + firmware, please let me know.

Thanks for help.

stepino

Has anybody some firmware for picloc 3x? I have last working picloc toolz 0.58 (portable version), but I need firmware for this version (0.58), it's the .hex file. If anyone has some other working version of Picloc toolz + firmware, please let me know.

Thanks for help.
Mám tu P3XP_V1_20130128__v58_28.hex - kdyžak SZ...