Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

GeorgeM

@hexacop .. yes reduce the acceleration.

FYI.. acceleration is sensing and predicting movement ( in your case .. because you are using Proportional Servos )
Therefore, its increasing the nervousness of the stabilization artificially, compensating for the servos's slower speed or lag in their response.
In other words, for quicker stabilization, the servos need to be quicker themselves, and not accelerated by this acceleration control.
Fast, minimum slop, and coreless servos work best.
My current favorite is MKS HV-787.

GeorgeM

Hi Denny... early riser....I'm off to sleep ;)
Piclocs are being built for persons who pre-ordered them.
Still unclear when next batch will be made.

Hi George, good to have you on this forum. Hopefully you can get Boris taken care of quickly. Is their any definitive way others can identify faulty units in advance, i.e. maybe a self-test or diagnostic check via USB? Or is installing and running them the only way to identify a fault?

nick

holco

Fast, minimum slop, and coreless servos work best.
My current favorite is MKS HV-787.

Hi George,

Nice to see you here :tennis:

As you know I use the Picloc 3X Pro on a AV-130 mount on the Flexacopter, at first I had problems to get the slew mode working but after I
upgraded it with your latest firmware its working ok.

It didn't take me long to realize that the Savox servo's on the AV-130 are trash for this specific use, ok they are fast but laks precision and altho
they are pretty new they already have a lot of play and jitter all the time, so I put in 2 Futaba BLS-451 because as far as I know this are the most
precise reasonable fast servo's (also over time!!) in the market and 360° Modifiable with a external pot, finally a have a mount without any backlash and no jitter!!
Soon I will make a new video with the upgraded mount.

The super fast MKS HV-787 servo's looks also very interesting but the specs say that they are not 360° Modifiable?? and the precision is also a question for me
compared with the BLS-451, can you please enlighten me?

Greetings and a Happy New Year,

Mario

Last edited by a moderator:

mitmit

Piclocs are being built for persons who pre-ordered them.
Still unclear when next batch will be made.

Hi George, nice to see you here and nice you are still alive)
Since I've got no reply from you by email, may I ask if I'm still in the list of persons who preordered piclocks? you put me in list for first batch of 3x more than a year ago, in september 2010. Hope to hear from you, and best wishes for new year)
cheers
Dimitri from Moscow, 3 x picloc3X pro.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Guys, I found this forum, and this thread.

Thanks for sharing the experience.

It's 4:45AM here, and we're still trying our best to build the last few remaining Picloc-3X's for customers. !!
Please forgive the basic support I'm giving right now to you guys having some issues.
Most were related to bad soldering because our manufacturer really delivered atrocious soldering.
The units suffering are probably those that were sent in the first week.
I'm doing my best to swap these defective units when reported.

BorisS's issue is the only one which I know of, and I'd give an arm and a leg to go next to him and resolve his issue.
But since I cannot, I'll have to replace your unit Boris, and will need that funny one to really understand what's going on.

Otherwise, the Piclocs are performing great, and I've received a lot of videos shot with the Piclocs in action.

In the next weeks, as I'll have built all remaining Piclocs, I'll get back to coding, and I'll be updating the firmware, adding some new control sliders, to get even better stabilization and tune-ability from your gimbals.

Stay Tuned.

I will to.. to this thread, and give my support when needed.

Thanks !!

I'd like to wish everyone viewing, all my best wishes for 2012 !!

Cheers !!

Thanks george will be sending it back to you on monday. Hope you can replicated it. But probably a useless attempt anyways since no one else if suffering from it. Hope i will have the replacement units soon. Since stabi wise i am naked. WKM stabi not wotking since i have early wkm versions that are suffering from servo outputs gimbal jitters. Would love to finally really test my CS gimbal.

Thanks

Boris

GeorgeM

@Boris, I'll leave your replacement on a burn-in test overnight...
then I can say that " its been working since last year " ;D

@Holco, HV-787's are very modifiable... just remove the pin limiter using either heat, or else DJ's drill chuck technique.

@seattle_helo, The unit that Boris has is the only one that I have reported that is doing this issue, as till today. All sensors, servo outputs, etc are working perfectly from what I've seen from the videos that Boris was so kind to send me. That's why I'm so interested to have the unit back to diagnose what could be wrong with it. Strange indeed!.

@mitmit...I'll send you a PM/Email soon.

George since looking at your setup videos I am changing the crappy pan servo of the av200 to a Savox SC-1258TG.
I have removed the pin from the gears and the pot. I will solder two 2.2k resistors in the pot place. Is that ok for 360 degree operation with the picloc 3x pro?

GeorgeM

@redridinghood: yes.. you can do that.... but I prefer to put in one of these for fine trimming. I drill a small hole on the side of the servo for access to the adjustment screw, and then hotglue the pot inside.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Guys, I found this forum, and this thread.

BorisS's issue is the only one which I know of, and I'd give an arm and a leg to go next to him and resolve his issue.
But since I cannot, I'll have to replace your unit Boris, and will need that funny one to really understand what's going on.

Cool thanks, but please no late night drunk coding in an infinity loop movement that only acts upon the gimbal on the 7th of every month :)

Have a good one and good slide we say in german into the next year

Boris

achta

Hello George,
hello all picloc user`s....

we testet 4pcs. picloc3X unit`s and we can say that all working fine, no problem uso....

i thing at the moment this is the only from Boris that makes the problem ;-)

also i wish all of you a Happy NEW Year 2012...

Michael Achta

GeorgeM

Hi Jesper, in v0.56 firmware and Toolz, it will be possible to mount Picloc in Landscape ( pins pointing down ) and also inverted ( USB facing down ) so that people using Picloc on mounts with 360 servos, can attach it to under the camera plate.

Skysurf

That was quick! :)

What do you mean with "pins pointing down", if the pins are pointing down wouldn't that be a portrait orientation? I would like to mount it "sitting up" on its long side with the text horizontal and the pins facing to the side. Is this possible?

/Jesper

Skysurf

Another question, I was planning to use a JR11X with the satellite rx only, is this not possible?

/Jesper

GeorgeM

I do not have that radio, nor plan to purchase it.
However with your help, and 1/2 hour on skype, I can probably make it work and add it as an extra radio system to v0.56.

Skysurf

That sounds great. Let me know when you have the time and we can do it. Regarding the mounting orientation, I am a little bit confused, could you please try to clarify?

Thanks,

Jesper

GeorgeM

>>Regarding the mounting orientation, I am a little bit confused, could you please try to clarify?<<

OOps.. my mistake...
Right now, only FLAT with Arrow direction being Tilt/Roll is possible.
I'll try adding both Portrait and Landscape modes.
The orientations possible will be limited at first, but later on fully customizable.

BTW..
PAN>ROLL>TILT is the only hierarchy correctly supported right now.
Do not select PAN>TILT>ROLL from the hierarchy menu. There is still a bug in this selection (will be fixed).

Having said this, Copterworks / Triax style mounts can still be stabilized as long as ATV limits are respected.