Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

Hey George and everybody else.
After i changed the resistor on R2 ( now there is some solder/ 0Ohm) communication with Jeti Box is working.
But when i connect a PC i see no changes , when i change something with the Box.
For example I tried to change Roll Gain P ( is P/I/D the same like Prop./ Acc. /Smooth in PL Toolz?)
I went up to 900 and pressed save. But the behaviour of the mount didnt change and i couldnt see changes on the PC.
Before the changes P on the box was on 263 , but Prop Gain on the PC was on 236 ????

Hello guys,
I have a strange problem. Everything is working good but when I switch of my radio transmitter the remote head is going crazy. When I switch it on again, everything is fine. What could be the problem?
I'm working with Picloc 3X, a Graupner R16 scan 35 MHZ receiver (ppm sum) and a graupner mx-12 transmitter.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

hexacop

HexaCop
For what reason are you switching off the transmitter?
I don't know the RC16 receiver, but what is the receiver supposed to do if signal is lost?
What happens if you just connect a servo to the receiver and switch off your TX?

problem with RC16 Receiver and Picloc

For what reason are you switching off the transmitter?
I don't know the RC16 receiver, but what is the receiver supposed to do if signal is lost?
What happens if you just connect a servo to the receiver and switch off your TX?

I switched it off to test what happens if the signal is lost.
If I connect a servo to the receiver and switch off my transmitter the servo stays more or less exactly where it was.

If I do it with picloc the servos are going crazy.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Well in my eyes mitypsilon has a point if i have a DSLR on it with a big lens that could lock itself on the gimbal do to a none wanted movement it can get dirty. The questions is if it really picloc related or have something to do with the failsafe option of you radio setup ? But if a single servo dosent act out i guess not ! Can you programm your Receiver to hold its state on all channels when the signal is lost ?

Boris

Well in my eyes mitypsilon has a point if i have a DSLR on it with a big lens that could lock itself on the gimbal do to a none wanted movement it can get dirty. The questions is if it really picloc related or have something to do with the failsafe option of you radio setup ? But if a single servo dosent act out i guess not ! Can you programm your Receiver to hold its state on all channels when the signal is lost ?

Boris

Unfortunately the R16 receiver doesn't have a failsave mode. But I really wonder why this problem only occures with Picloc, not if I connect the servos directly to the RC16. Maybe there is a setting in Picloc to prevent this?

maybe I should go to 2,4 GHZ?
Does anyone use an 2,4 GHZ-updated MX-12 with the Picloc? I read that the MX-12 doesn't offer failsave with a 2,4 GHZ Module, is this right?

Is Picloc really not working with 35MHZ?

hexacop

HexaCop
Another test from this morning ;-)
Picloc does a pretty good job given my cheap camera gimbal, but I guess without post video stabilization I may not achieve what I expect.
The video on the right is stabilized with Mercalli V2, the left side is the original video out of the GH2.

GeorgeM

@hexacop : Lovely test !! This is what is achievable with current firmware (v0.55) and R/C servo motors.
I guess, your Picloc was left alone, doing its work, while you were flying.

@everyone : I am working hard right now to finish building last Piclocs for those reservations I've had. Really sorry for all delays in email replies, etc. Last 2 days were spent on my fulltime job with a very demanding client. No www time was available.
In next few days, I'll be uploading v0.56 firmware+Toolz, with fixes and some special requests from you guys !. Namely switchable flight modes from AUX1, Startup with options ( eg.. start in safe mode, then when sticks are touched, unit becomes active.. or some similar arrangement ) and also some more enhancements like better horizontal hold with some tunable options.. etc etc.

@mitypsilon - Current firmware does not have failsafe from Picloc's side, and I can perhaps do this in near future. What I was focusing more, was for highest speed and lowest latency in stabilized corrections that Picloc outputs to the servos.
If my loop times remain high enough, I may include this in v0.57 firmware.
But for now... I'd like you to do one test for me..... Connect a headphone or a small PC amplified loudspeaker to the PPM_SUM output of your receiver, and let me 'hear' the output from your RX with radio switched ON and also OFF. You may wish to post it on a youtube video for us. Audio connection goes to RX signal (PPMsum the white or orange wire, and ground ..the black or brown wire).

@Jochen.... Strange occurance... When I set values from my jetibox, I see them change on my PiclocToolz in real time, and when I save either from Jetibox or EEProm Save, the values load again with the last saved.
Is it different for you ?
Re.. Magnetometer switching off by itself, while picloc keeps working, ... is really strange. Perhaps.. it is so strange that I should send you a replacement in return of that one, because I've never seen this happen, and would like to know what's causing it, and conduct some tests.

One last call...Anyone can confirm Spektrum DX7 working well with Picloc-3X ?? No one of my local friends has a DX7i ( that I can borrow) , and I would not like to purchase another Spektrum radio just for testing ;)
15 mins of your precious time over a quick skype call will allow me to hack the spektrum DX7 stream, and make sure that it's working 100%.

@Jesper
.. still working on the JR11X inclusion as another option in Picloc-directly-supoprted radios.

Thanks !!

George

GeorgeM

would prefer not to give dates ( knowing how bad my reputation is right now :upset:!!.... but its very soon for next batch.

GeorgeM

Peter.. this was brought up 3 days ago...post 183.

The older Jetibox should work fine when connected directly.
The mini jetibox did not work..( didn't have one to try with, and I assumed that it would work the same...)

Here's a quick fix:

Please open up your Picloc, find R2, which is a resistor of value 10K ( number on it is 103.. use a lens to see it ).
This is situated close to the Servo 1/2 output, and is found on the bottom right hand corner when you open the lid.

If you can use a soldering iron , just short this out with a blob of solder, or a really short piece ( strand ) of wire.
A video on how to remove or replace SMD resistors can be found here.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XyrNjNXSo8

If you have access to some electronics junk ( a broken old cellphone, cordless phone, CD player, a broken MK FlightCtrl.. etc... ) you can find a resistor that has a value of range varying from 0 ohms to 800ohms (ish)..(value not important),
and solder this in place. In Piclocs being sent out as from this week, the value being put in is a 471 ( 470 Ohm ).

To identify the values of resistors, go to this site : SMD Resistor Calculator

Again.. this value is unimportant... as long as it is not larger than around 800(ish) ohms.

This MOD will bring your Picloc-3X/PRO to talk easily with your JetiBox through your RMK2 Jeti Duplex receiver.
Perhaps it will even get it to talk to your JetiMiniBox.
I am still waiting for mine to arrive, so... when it arrives here, I can verify if it works with the smaller Jetibox too... and if not, I will amend the firmware to get it to speak to it too.

Thanks and sorry for the inconv.

peterd

Hi George,

Thank you for your reply and explanation.
Replacethat resistance is not problém.I do not know if I understand correctly .. it will only work through RMK2 Jeti Duplex??
I do not have RMK Jeti ... I to control it using FF9 Futaba 2.4 GHz ...
After treatment will also communicate JetiBox directly connected to the Picloc??

Thanks Peter

PS. Sorry about the my English

GeorgeM

Hi Peter..

The issues were:

1) JetiBox (old) works fine when plugged directly into Picloc, but not on JetiDuplex Receivers - Now solved with above modification.

2) JetiBox Mini does not work at all, plugged wherever.... - Now also solved with above modification.

Hope this is clearer.

G.

GeorgeM

Ahhaa....didnt see the picture earlier... your folder was empty.
So... Yes.. That is the older Jeti, and it should work in exactly the way you have connected it.

Sending you an email right now.

peterd

Hi Georg,
I opened the position Picloc and R2 is the resistance of 471 correct?

Peter