Photohigher skyline rsgs

hover.ch

My experience with PH and Skyline is pretty similar. I got great support from Sue, who is doing her very best, I'm convinced. She was very open and provided everything she could, including numerous reminders to Brendon (who left) and Kimberley. Thanks to Sue and the lack of an affordable alternative I'm still flying my Skyline with 1.7 beta (whatever subversion, I don't know). I'm not too unhappy, for still pictures it's very good, for movies it is at least usable. But it's sad to understand, that we will never get a substantially improved Skyline firmware, that's for sure.

Does anyone know a alternative, a stabilizer working well with an AV200 V2, costing less than $500 - $600?
I only need a two-axis controller.

iceman

Does anyone know a alternative, a stabilizer working well with an AV200 V2, costing less than $500 - $600?
I only need a two-axis controller.

That's a very good question and one I would also like an answer to, My Syline holds horizone just fine and never had a problem in that regard with my AV200, it's just tilt jitters I can't get rid of.

hover.ch

I also had tilt jittering until I decreased the tilt gain to about 75 (while increasing the roll gain to 250).

Then I rebalanced the camera and moved the AV200 tray one position up which gave a better balance. I now have increased tilt gain to about 200 and roll gain to 500. That seemed to work fine for a while. However, today i saw minor jittering, maybe I will go back to 150 for tilt gain.

Blacksails

Camfly, I had that problem too. It was very annoying and made it feel as though the bottom half of my copter - gimbal and all - was going to snap off mid flight. It also used to cause the entire gimbal and landing gear assembly to oscillate violently if gains on the skyline were turned up and I was flying in wind.

Easy fix though, find some thick rubber wedges or grommets and wedge them between the bottom of the copter and the battery tray. You should need 4, one for each corner on the battery tray/holder thingy. Tighten you copter down onto them and the gimbal becomes very stiff.

If you need a picture I can get you one...I've not really put it into words very well.

Alex

Expert model destroyer and aerial photographer!

Tuukkuli

Selling my AV130 with 360pan and RSGS for 300$ plus shipping. Purchased in Jan-Feb 2013. Used very little. Ship globally. Cheapest safe shipping option used. tuukka.heikki (at) gmail.com.
Gimbal is in Finland.

alexoki

It really is amazing how much the photohigher gimbals have dropped in resale value now. I hate to say it but the way in which Photohigher have dealt with the skyline fiasco and their subsequent treatment of customers leads me to believe that the company will find it hard to battle back from this.

Macsgrafs

It really is amazing how much the photohigher gimbals have dropped in resale value now. I hate to say it but the way in which Photohigher have dealt with the skyline fiasco and their subsequent treatment of customers leads me to believe that the company will find it hard to battle back from this.

I'm not going to sell mine, it makes a good doorstop & a reminder of NEVER to use their crap company again...it's nice knowing that I have put off over 7 customers for them & every time someone mentions PH, I tell them the truth, they are backstreet & NOT to be trusted, then I point them to this thread. i'm tempted to start a class action law suit to be honest, if enough of us get together we can stop others from being ripped off. I'm surprised Bart is still allowing their adverts on this forum!!!!

Ross

alexoki

The thing that annoys me the most is that they have just washed their hands of the skyline and walked away from it and the customers who bought it! I still believe it is possible to get good results from the skyline but they need to put some of the money they have made from the sales into developing and finishing the product. I get good results with my av200 and skyline when I use the Sony cx740 as the BOSS stabilisation on that camera masks out the gimble jitter when you crank the gains up to a level that gives satisfactory performance. However I also want to use other cameras that dont have the BOSS stabilisation and this is when the skyline shows its failings.
Photohigher if you are reading this forum at least try and finish what you started with the skyline and use the large profits made from skyline sales to hire experienced people to finish the job. Also while you are at it give us a brushless modification kit for our av200 and av130 gimbals so we can get some use from our investments!

cbpagent72

I can bet that a brushless kit for the AV200 will never be produced. They want you to buy their $8000-$12000 brushless HALO gimbals.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Macsgrafs

I can bet that a brushless kit for the AV200 will never be produced. They want you to buy their $8000-$12000 brushless HALO gimbals.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Not a chance in hell, I wouldn't buy another thing from this totally amateur backstreet setup!!!

alexoki

Photohigher finish the job!!! Hire someone to update/fix the firmware to eliminate jitter when gains are pushed to an acceptable level for stabilisation.
Don't slap your customers in the face by taking their money and walking away!

ZAxis

Photohigher finish the job!!! Hire someone to update/fix the firmware to eliminate jitter when gains are pushed to an acceptable level for stabilisation.
Don't slap your customers in the face by taking their money and walking away!

Alternatively, throw the source code into the public domain and let someone else fix the problems.

andy

PS, anyone noticed that PhotoHigher are now a DJI dealer?

Macsgrafs

I certainly will NEVER buy DJI if this is the standard of sellers...imagine if you get a problem!!!!! just look at the problem here with 288 pages!

On a slightly different subject, where can I get a CS replica gimbal so that I can convert to brushless or does anyone know of a relatively cheap brushless gimbal for canon DSLR's???
Ross