Photohigher skyline rsgs

Macsgrafs

Firstly many thanks Tuukkuli, appreciated my fellow MR addict ;)

I had a message on facebook from PH saying they had the new RSGS out...never heard any more about it after this :(

Ross

aleonger

Hi guys, i have rsgs 1.7b on AV 200, it works good but sometimes in flight the roll gets a fail of about 10 degrees, then after some time it goes normally.
The gains are about 300,400 and 150, 150.
What i can do?
Thanks
Ale

jchiogna

what can you do?

Buy a Radian

Hi guys, i have rsgs 1.7b on AV 200, it works good but sometimes in flight the roll gets a fail of about 10 degrees, then after some time it goes normally.
The gains are about 300,400 and 150, 150.
What i can do?
Thanks
Ale

iconflyer

Any one else has a drift on roll when you pan the copter? Basically mine rolls left or right consistently when I pan the copter(I don't have a 360 kit, my AV130 is attached directly to the copter)?

also why does the new beta2 software say beta1 when you install it??

iceman

I have no roll drift with 1.7beta but can't get rid of tilt jitters, sometimes its ok but most times its there.

iconflyer

I have no roll drift with 1.7beta but can't get rid of tilt jitters, sometimes its ok but most times its there.

Same here....plus now drift. Jitters I think are just not going to go away especially with the AV130...my AV200 is jitter free.

BTW with the drift, the only change I did was update to beta2(the software window shows beta1 anyway but there are 3 different versions out there I guess).

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Any one know how to trim the roll? Everytime I power up it out one way or another so it would be good to be able to set roll on a channel to trim it level..

I am sure I have seen it done on a video but there are 148 pages on this thing!

Dave

hover.ch

I also use a pot channel for roll (trim). I even assigned a trim switch to it, on top of the pot. In case I need to adjust the roll, I can choose whether to do it by pot (large steps) or by trim (small fine-tuning).
However, I don't understand why - after proper calibration - roll gets out of neutral / levelled.

One important thing is to keep the MR levelled during power up. Yesterday I forgot to wait for skyline to finish its initialization sequence and moved the MR to the launch site too earl. The result was a off-level gimbal.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks for the input chaps.. there is a lot of things I dont understand about the Skyline! Like it works fine and then for no apparent reason it throws a wobbler!

just powered her up and its sitting bang on!

Efliernz

Pete
I think I am one of the lucky ones... power it up, wait for it to move and get a solid green - and go fly.
I programmed mine ages ago with the early 1.7 and I don't to to plug into it as I kept getting the BSOD... has 1.7beta2 fixed this? If so... can I have it from someone please.

ta

Pete

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
After spending the day tuning the SJLX4 and skyline I spent more time rebooting the laptop after continur=ed crashes due to 1.7/1 Is there a 1.7/2 out there? does it solve the crashing issue?

Again no matter what I do I still have roll off centre at start up so will be putting it on a channel tomorrow.. Its not a massive issue but as a perfectionist its just bloody annoying!

Dave

Efliernz

Pete
I'll call PH today and see if there is any plan to fix this crashing - or whether they will be straight up with me.

Pete

Efliernz

Pete
I have just had a chat to Sue at PH.

Kimberly is away after a family bereavement and is overseas for the next 2 weeks. Brendan has left the company.
They are aware that the Skyline isn't working for everyone as well as they would like (although they still sell it as a solution).
None of the engineering staff are working on it - they are all working on Halo. They have a heap of feedback from customers (really :cold: ) and plan to revisit it at some stage in the future...

Guys - we are on our own and with the advent of brushless, I will cynically say that PH are unlikely to ever revisit this. I have seen Kimberlys customer support in action before... At least mine sort of works.
I would like to make some changes but I am too scared to plug the pc in in case I have to start all over again.

Pete