Photohigher skyline rsgs

gyroster

Hi gyroster,
I have had this problem also on one skyline, to solve it I have removed the belt and roll servo wheel and made the fine tuning myslef.

I first made the autotune and the autotune found 11258 for the roll value. after I made the fin tuning myslef I found something like -2540 or something like that.
You have to find the reverse point of the servo by changing the value with big steps (like 3000 or 5000) then you adjust it finely with the button until the servo don't move.
you replace the belts and make the autotune.

I will try to find another skyline with this problem and film it :)

Best regards,
Cédric

Hi Cedric,

I also do that. I'm not using a av130 or av 200 gimbal. My gimbal is a gear type. I remove the gear of the roll servo and tuning it till stops but from -5000 to 5000,still i can't find the motor to stop. i also remove the 2.4k dummy pot that i built but still no response. That is why i decided to firmware down to 1.1.7 from 1.2.2. Before upgrading to 1.2.2. i used 1.1.4 and the servo is responsive like 1.1.7 but experiencing jitter.

vip

I just installed my skyline and av130 and the newest software. The only way I can get it to sit still is turning gains to ZERO!
of course that is not paractical as nothing will move on roll or tilt.
I tried 1 , I tried 200 and up especially the roll is in constant motion, the bubble never totally leaves center but it is moving at all times on the bench.

My autotune has the bubble perfectly at center. I activate it and I get constant movement.

what are you guys using on the gains.

Be carefull that your bench to be VERY stiff.
if your test bench is loosy, you can have a vibration enhancement.

When you make some tests: always use a payload (camera, weigh, other) well centered.
to check if it's correctly balanced, you can remove belt and servo wheel: if it stays in its place , it's balanced.
otherwise, balance it correcty.

vip

I just tried balancing and then also just moved the camera ( sony Nex5) around on the plate looking for a sweet spot and I get constant buzzing
no matter where it is at.. The table is heavy wood sitting on a concrete floor.. The buzzing is driving me crazy :(

Can you post a short video of that movement?
My gimbal was buzzing on the table but once in flight i can't notice any sign of unwanted movement.
(nor i hear the buzzing any longer...ok, just joking, sorry)

nicwilke

I just tried balancing and then also just moved the camera ( sony Nex5) around on the plate looking for a sweet spot and I get constant buzzing
no matter where it is at.. The table is heavy wood sitting on a concrete floor.. The buzzing is driving me crazy :(
Hi VIP,
I've got the same setup as you, Photohigher AV130, Skyline, and NEX-5n. I removed the belt for tilt, and loosened the drive roll servo so that both servos are free to rotate without moving the gimbal tray. I then used the manual way to level the tray position (using a spirit level app). Once both servos stop (dial them down to stop) save, power off. Connect the servos up to the gimbal belt/gear, and kick it in the guts again. You will hear noises, little buzzes etc. As long as theres no movement, you will be fine.

vip

Hi VIP,
I've got the same setup as you, Photohigher AV130, Skyline, and NEX-5n. I removed the belt for tilt, and loosened the drive roll servo so that both servos are free to rotate without moving the gimbal tray. I then used the manual way to level the tray position (using a spirit level app). Once both servos stop (dial them down to stop) save, power off. Connect the servos up to the gimbal belt/gear, and kick it in the guts again. You will hear noises, little buzzes etc. As long as theres no movement, you will be fine.

well i did it, still makes some noise but it is not moving like before, the movement is very minimal now , hopefully when flying all will be good. I will see tomorrow. good tip, thanks for the advice

what are your gain settings? Might save me some trial and error on finalizing the set up

nicwilke

well i did it, still makes some noise but it is not moving like before, the movement is very minimal now , hopefully when flying all will be good. I will see tomorrow. good tip, thanks for the advice

what are your gain settings? Might save me some trial and error on finalizing the set up

No problems. I'll have to plug in and see what my gains are set at, but start at stock settings, test, and then see if its too fast/slow, and go from there. From memory, I'm at about 200 all round... Cant quite remember, as I dial it all in with the camera on the gimbal. Good luck, let us know how you go.

MultiHexa

Hello,

finally I came also to test the new 1.2.2 software.
Roll and Nick going well for me, only the PAN axis I do not really get set.

Have with the gains values ​​5-200 tried. Unfortunately, so far without success.
Pan shaking forever, whether with gain 5 or 200

Has anyone been on the pan axis running with the skyline.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trnquill

My pan stabilization is working like a charm. You have ran the auto setup with pan enabled & servo connected & gimbal free to pan, right?

MultiHexa

Ok,

now I've got it right.
Pan Work. Now I just need to test fly if everything is running smoothly. I'm excited.

Last edited by a moderator:

Macsgrafs

I've been following this thread since the 1st post & now have a AV200+RSGS (Thanks Sue at photohigher). I'm still confused as it says follow the instructions for mounting on the PH website...well I cant find any instructions??? How the hell does the RSGS mount onto the gimbal..I take it that its screwed on via a brass arm? Also do I need to do anything else with the servos, as this must be an updated model?

Ross

PairAir

Be carefull that your bench to be VERY stiff.
if your test bench is loosy, you can have a vibration enhancement.

It could be that way... or not.

I Have a Cinestar 2 axis gimbal. I've found that when I hold it with my hands, I can turn the gains (roll) up to 500-600 and it works like a charm. If I try to clamp the mount to a table/bench , I get wild oscillation above 200-300. I take it that the rather loose grip I provide with my fingers just smoothes out the small movements that builds up the oscillation.

I'm thinking of cutting off my hands, attaching them to the bottom of my frame... No, not really :shame:

/Pär

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I've been following this thread since the 1st post & now have a AV200+RSGS (Thanks Sue at photohigher). I'm still confused as it says follow the instructions for mounting on the PH website...well I cant find any instructions??? How the hell does the RSGS mount onto the gimbal..I take it that its screwed on via a brass arm? Also do I need to do anything else with the servos, as this must be an updated model?

Ross

Try this... http://www.photohigher.co.nz/assets/Uploads/Setup-Guide-1.2.2.pdf

Ken

Macsgrafs

Well that was fun...NOT!!! Just setup the RSGS :( full tilt, servo screaming & my pants filling. Restart everything & got it this time :) Man that tilt servo is ultra fast!!!!!!

Now Im trying to suss out where best to mount my RX, 3s lipo & BEC on this gimbal...anyone got any pics of how they have thiers? I also have a 5.8GHz to mount as well (got to keep the mrs happy with live feed).

Ross