Photohigher skyline rsgs

Macsgrafs

My windows 7 has zip files built in Dave.....but i always thought winzip was free? I have the uncompressed version of 1.2.2 if you want me to send it to you?

Ross

Macsgrafs

Hello!
I am trying to setup my av200 with skyline, and i followed the instructions, but when after I set level x&y, and Z, i save, and press autotune, the z axis (pan) starts spinning over 360 degrees, yanking out the cables attaced to the av200...
What can it be?
I have removed both pots as the manual said, I did save after leveling the x&y and z, and I have the new harness with the dummy pots... (there is a cable out of the skyline that sais "tilt pot" I think, but that isn't connected to anything...)

-Kjetil

Just do the set XY level & then autotune, that works best for some reason.

Ross

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
NOW I CANT FIND PORTS!!! I managed to unzip the file iand install the driver BUT in device manager ports aint there! AHHHHHH

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Bleeding windowoz is a total mystery to me!

Got ti working some how Iant go a clue How but it works. After a couple of attempts at setting it up it seems to be working. HOW THE HELL I GOT HERE I DONT KNOW !!!

Any how now for the tuning..

AV200 what settings are you chapps running at the moment?

Dave

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
How are you guys powering your Skyline and the servos?

What is the Roll pot for?

I have a CC BEC Pro set to 6.0 volts powering the Skyline and servos from the main power distribution board and it works well. Some people use a separate battery and that also works just as well, the main thing you DON'T want to do is power the Skyline from a feed off either the flight controller or receiver, it should be on it's own regulated power source.

The roll pot is just additional weight with the Skyline, you can remove it if you want, the dummy pots take the place of both external pots.

Ken

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks guys.. I am using a CC Pro Bec also but I also have the new High power Spektum extension module so was thinking of supping that via the CC Bec and then supply via skyline the servos...

OR

Would you just supply the servos direct from the CC bec.. Guess I am aining this at you Ken ;-)

Efliernz

Pete
Ok... a couple of questions. I have read a heap here but I need to confirm a couple of things. I have RTFM by the way ;)

Just confirming how I thing this little beast works...

I do not have a PH mount but a diy 2-axis gimbal, roll + pitch with belt and gear reduction on both with external pots. From what I read, the pots are replaced with "dummy pots" (are they supplied automatically?) and the PWM position control is all done by the rsgs. My pots are not even part of the shaft system so this should be a "simple" setup for me.

Yeah... I know there is always a fair bit of setup (just like my HFP gimbal parameters setup) but physically, have I summarized it?

Thanks all

Pete

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Pete..

This is only day two playing with mine. I have it on a PH AV200. I am sat in my caravan with the AV200 and SL set up on a DW extended landingear set and powered via a bec at 5.5 volts. I am learnig hoe it works with a Canon 550D on the plate and setting the gains for it. Its pretty impressive actually. I have a Radian on my two ADX3HL AV130 machines but I really wanted to try the SL coz on the SJLX4 I would not have control over tilt via the WKM.

Any suffice to say right now im am very impressed.. much more learning required.. more testing and then Ill graft it onto the SJLX4 and fly it..

So Far so good..

Dave

nicwilke

Sooooo the way I see the physical connection is correct?

Pete
Yeah mate,
Dont need dummy pots, just bung 'em up with resistors and let the Skyline do its magic. I'm sure your gimbal will handle it fine, but perhaps the roll gains may need an unusual tweek being belt driven. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'd suggest your roll gains to be similar to the tilt if your XY axis is similar in movement and gearing.

Efliernz

Pete
I called PH this morning (the advantage of having them only 400 miles away) and spoke to one of the techies. We think it will work - as long as I'm using Savox (or similar) digital and the roll/tilt axis operate in a similar plane to the AV series. I have checked the photos of the Skyline / AV200 mounting on the side of the non-tilting (but rolling) section of the mount and I'm looking good.

I'll order it once I'm home.

... and another adventure starts...

Nick - do you know what gear ratio the PH mounts use on tilt and roll?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Thanks guys.. I am using a CC Pro Bec also but I also have the new High power Spektum extension module so was thinking of supping that via the CC Bec and then supply via skyline the servos...

OR

Would you just supply the servos direct from the CC bec.. Guess I am aining this at you Ken ;-)

My AV130 seems perfectly happy getting servo power through the Skyline so I see no need to complicate the setup by separating out the power for the servos and for the Skyline though it would be easy to do with the two power leads on the CC Pro. Just make sure to not feed the Skyline anything higher than 6.5 volts or it may release the magic smoke!

I don't know how much current the Skyline can handle so if you plan to put a heavy load on the platform of the AV200 then providing the servos with their own power might be a good idea. A pair of those Savox can draw a total of 6 to 7 amps under a load, not sure I'd want to put that much through the RSGS for long periods of time.

Ken

Macsgrafs

Ken, your answer has just answered a question I was going to ask...I have 3 savox servos on my gimbal & running off a 3s 1350ma lipo (25c). I get 2 flights of 8 mins each & the battery voltage is way down, 3.7v per cell...video TX nearly cuts off!

Ross

Efliernz

Pete
On my diy gimbal with HFP, I am running a 4S main pack but I have:

1 x 6v 5A ubec = Main RX
1 x 6v / 10A ubec = servos/camera rx
1 x 12v 5A ubec lights and A/V tx.

Only one battery to change each flight.

The few A it draws in insignifacnt compared to the 30-50A flight current.

Just a thought... ;)

Pete

Macsgrafs

After messing about with my AV200 & RSGS I have noticed a slight creep...tilts over to the right slightly & bobbles up & down slightly!!!

I set it up with a canon 40D on it, which seemed to help slightly.....do you think i should increase the gains or decrease going from what I've said?

Ross

Tuukkuli

Hi

Just starting to put this thing together. The Photohigher site for this item is quite puzzling...

Just what the heck is the confusing amount of downloadable things on the pages.
Which ones should I download?

There´s "software" and "SW", "Firmware" and "FW", two different setupguides - "1.1" and "1.3" and under both one finds setupguide 1.2 ?!? What?

What is te newest firmware and the latest software and do I need someting else? The page leaves a lot of frustrating guessing out work for the customer.

Besides, there is no mention of the dummy pots anymore on user guide (i.e. setup guide, wasnt it just called that when I downloaded it?) 1.2 - they are not needed anymore? I just connect roll pot and tilt pot wires to the shorter ones coming out of the servo?

By the way, is it possible to use the AV 130 and Skyline RSGS without an extra receiver? So that the system just compensates for tilt and roll automatically?
EDIT: It seems that it is possible to use Skyline without extra receiver but is it possible to adjust the tilt angle while in flight without the extra receiver?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: