Photohigher skyline rsgs

Macsgrafs

What settings Ross?

Not sure mate, will plug it into my other computer downstairs & write them down. I never set it up with my cam on the plate, wonder if that makes a difference?
I have some video to edit & upload later, you can tell me what you think Nic.

Ross

nicwilke

Not sure mate, will plug it into my other computer downstairs & write them down. I never set it up with my cam on the plate, wonder if that makes a difference?
I have some video to edit & upload later, you can tell me what you think Nic.

Ross
Yeah mate, let me take a look at your gains settings, video, and I'll help you sort it out. I've got mine really nice now.

nicwilke

Just manually level it with your spirit level again, and set the XY level again (click OK). See if that fixes it.

Macsgrafs

OK tried the manual XY level, then the autotune & bang it goes hard over (roll) & stays there!

I'm confused by PH setup guide, after setting XY level, you then tilt the tray down 90 degrees & set the z level...then do autotune...do you level the tray back off first or leave it still tilted down by90 degrees & hit the autotune whilst the tray is still mpointing down? Also do I do all this with my reciever connected inline or just direct to the RSGS???

Ross

OK tried the manual XY level, then the autotune & bang it goes hard over (roll) & stays there!

That is one of the things the new firmware promises to solve by using a less violent autotune.
http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...her-skyline-rsgs&p=68556&viewfull=1#post68556
If we still believe there will be any new firmware. That post is 4 weeks old and there was no follow-up.
I have been a strong supporter of the Skyline but each day that goes by i am more and more convinced that after so much initial trouble i have been left alone with a just-acceptable system. The temptation to go round the (known!!!see link) limits of this system switching to something else is stronger every day too.

Do manual tuning, or sell it (maybe a better solution) but unplug the receiver while you tune it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Macsgrafs

Thanks Cludio, will read that pst i a mo.

Nic, yes it came with dummy pots...just going to take the receiver out of line & try direct.

ross

nicwilke

Ross, You dont need to do the Z axis if you dont have the pan kit for the AV200. I assume your servo travel settings are set correctly? Is the Tx and Rx plugged in and switched on? If my radio gear is not live, my gimbal goes to 45˚ because thats where I've set the halfway mark. Check the roll travel too.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I am trying to convince myself to spend my weekend fitting my SL. Reading throught htis lots is making me wonder if its going to be a waist of time and I should just bite the bulid and go down the Radian route on my new SJLX4

Nic are you about this weekend for some set up tips?

I do find the PH instructions confusing.. May its just me being daft but they aint the best written instructions I have read..

Dave

It would be really helpful if somebody would post a set up video of the step by step procedure.. or has some one somewhere? Nicwike ;-)

Macsgrafs

It would be really helpful if somebody would post a set up video of the step by step procedure.. or has some one somewhere? Nicwike ;-)

I second that.

Good news, finally got it level of sorts ;) judders abit around neutral, but that could be because my octo has foam feet!

Nic, I made my own pan kit, as it's NOT a standard mounting, I'm using air retracts in a trike configuration...1 leg at the back, 2 at the front, but they are my next thing to sort out (air leaking somewhere).

Dave give it a go, it's a great unti when its setup...but that seems to be the hard bit :(

Ross

nicwilke

I am trying to convince myself to spend my weekend fitting my SL. Reading throught htis lots is making me wonder if its going to be a waist of time and I should just bite the bulid and go down the Radian route on my new SJLX4

Nic are you about this weekend for some set up tips?

I do find the PH instructions confusing.. May its just me being daft but they aint the best written instructions I have read..

Dave

Hi Dave,
I'm around all the time, bloody Android phone f#####g beeps at me when someone posts in my subscribe topics. You're on an AV200 with no pan eh? Should be a breeze. I've looked at the radian myself, but 2 units at the skyline is double the price for the same result, even the Radian has its issues (see the horizon drift?).

My advice is stick with the skyline, its a great little unit. You have it anyway, so at least give it a go before jumping ship.

Hello!
I am trying to setup my av200 with skyline, and i followed the instructions, but when after I set level x&y, and Z, i save, and press autotune, the z axis (pan) starts spinning over 360 degrees, yanking out the cables attaced to the av200...
What can it be?
I have removed both pots as the manual said, I did save after leveling the x&y and z, and I have the new harness with the dummy pots... (there is a cable out of the skyline that sais "tilt pot" I think, but that isn't connected to anything...)

-Kjetil

Hang the copter? I have it standing on the 360 kit...
But I manage to fix some problems, but I still have one left..

I managde to fix the z axis, but now the roll isn't working, it maxes itself to the left, but when the autotune is in progress, it tilts also the other way, and when the autotune is done, and I start the gimbal up it starts with maxing itself to the left, and stabilizes the z axis as I move the gimbal...

I connected the servo only to a RX and it starts spinning, I connected the pot, and I had to turn some turns on the pot to get it to stop, when i go it to stop i inserted the dummy pot, started the skyline program, and noticed the endpoint for the servo in the program was -11194, i tried to change it to 0, but after starting autotune it went back to -11194...

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ok Here goes.. Are you all on 1.2.2? Has that just been releaced?

Now I have to install the software right?

Mmm bleending windowz.. SO I double click on the download on the photohigher site and it installs the software and I just plug in the SL and I set it up right?

Bet it aint that simple!

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Now the bloody Winzip has expired WHAT!! is there a way of uncompressing it with out having to buy winzip!?