Aeroxcraft New! - Landing Gear for DJI F550 for use with Aeroxcraft GoPro Gimbal.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339024258.936226.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339024258.936226.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 538

Kilby

View attachment 4623

Here is my build all wrapped up. I designed boom extensions that convert this to an F650. They were made from 3mm carbon fiber, and of course I'm using the AeroXCraft landing gear with my own tweaked gimbal.

Attachments

• F650_withGear.jpeg
    F650_withGear.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 609

flyingstig

I love mine, but I am suffering with vibration and "jello" mounting the gopro as close to Cof G helps
F550
GoPro Hero2

toptweaks

here is mine ...

done with naza gimbal setting

2x hitec hs-65hb
1x turnigy ubec at 6v as per recomended

pitch max 1000 Center -1000 min -1000
roll max 1000 Center 0 min -1000

gain
oitch - 23
roll - 23 all other setting is default.

View attachment 4626

Attachments

• 2012-06-07 16.56.10.jpg
    2012-06-07 16.56.10.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 566

worbc

I've got three of these now, I also have the jitter, more so that I have a GoGro with a better lens installed by Dennis at RageCams. I crashed and messed up my lens really bad, sent it to Dennis and he hocked me up, www.ragecams.com (shameless plug). I'm building the latest one this weekend with the silicone gel mountings, and will fly it on a F550 and WKM, so I'll update soon with a video. These are quality units, and really great service.

--terry

AEA737

Hello everyone.
How do you secure the Naza LED to the bracket? I can´t figure how to do it and it´s not covered in the instructions. Anyone has a photo of his setup?
Thanks,
Javier

worbc

I just tie wrapped mine, I have the WKM, but same purpose. Two tie wraps, one on both sides of the LED.

--terry

Javier...

Look close and you'll see very small slots in the cradle that match the small slots you put black tie-wraps through on the legs. A couple tie-wraps there and you're all set.

On an unrelated note.......

Can anyone who has added the AeroXCraft Hero gimbal to their landing gear please post a video of the gimbal in action (preferably with a WKM) after installation. (video of the gimbal itself...not video taken using the gimbal)

Many thanks,

sT

toptweaks

am sorry, just a quick video with not-too-good quality android camera ...

had installed the naza led down at the bracket just a short video about it ....

Last edited by a moderator:

AEA737

Thanks for the info. I see that sideways fits ok with two tie wraps. Now I have to extend the 4 pole wire coming from the LED about 7 cms because it´s not made to be fitted that back;-(

Are there extensions for that four pole DJI connector?

Javier

toptweaks

Thanks for the info. I see that sideways fits ok with two tie wraps. Now I have to extend the 4 pole wire coming from the LED about 7 cms because it´s not made to be fitted that back;-(

Are there extensions for that four pole DJI connector?

Javier

Hi,

for my build, i have extend 3 wire and 4 wire so that the led can be tight at the bracket. what i do is cut the original (3 and 4) wire take another wire and solder and connect between the cut wire so that it is extend. had refer with Eric DJI techincal support and he say should not be a problem. so cut it and extend it and still using the original 3 and 4 connector.

make sure you solder the wire and cover it with shrink tube.

and good to go ....

Be sure you want to do that before you go butchering the LED cable. I had plenty of cable leftover after I ran mine....had to coil some of it up.

...sT

toptweaks

if you want to cut the 4 wire, there is 2 wire with the same wire orange. make sure you mark this first to avoid mistake connection. as for me i cut and joint the wire 1 by 1 just to avoid mistake joint ....

AEA737

I finally had to extend both cables, no way to get them from the cradle position of the AeroXcraft to the center of the bottom plate of the F550. Surprisingly (due to my lack of soldering skills) it worked. I made my first F550 flight yesterday and i flew like a charm. Even did two evening flights with the LED´s on to the joy of my kids.

I didn´t install the GoPro gimbal for this trial flights so I attached the battery to the top plate. I plan to fly the GoPro today so I´ll be attaching the batteries to the landing gear. I have been trying to guess the best way to put the straps around them, but I´m not sure of how to do it correctly. Can some of you share a photo of their strapping solution. It will be appreciated by this F550 newbie.

Thanks,

Javier