Aeroxcraft New! - Landing Gear for DJI F550 for use with Aeroxcraft GoPro Gimbal.

rcmike

I really like the way yours is setup rsun. I'm really thinking of upgrading my F450 to a F550 and getting this landing gear. I have the gimbal already but it's a little difficult to mount it on the F450 even with my landing gear extensions. What size batteries are you using and have you figured out what flight time you can get yet? Also, I see you have a video transmitter on it. Are you flying FPV through the gimbal? Or just using it to frame a shot? I also noticed you have nyloc nuts on the motors holding the props on. I need to do that, I had one come off before. That wasn't pretty. :upset:

Aeroxcraft

We have a few sets of F550 Landing Gear in the store that will ship on Thursday. If you miss out there are more coming in a couple of days.

Thanks
Rob

Bella7821

Just wanted to say thanks so much for Rob in the UK for creating an awesome set of landing gear for the DJI F550.
It just came in the mail and only took about an hour to build, I only got the gear and a fixed mounting plate for my Sony Nex5n so I can't comment about the gimbal.

I did have another set or gear who many here have used and it took a day to build and I had to drill all the holes out so the bolts would fit. And when all put together it was a bit flimsy and the gimbal was pretty twitchy on the pitch. And the instructions were horrible.

I am very impressed with this Aeroxcraft landing gear, it's very sturdy and came with a 18 page assembly manual with detailed close up photos so I had no question at all about where parts went.

Forgive the photos, I had to use my crappy cell phone since the Sony is already attached to the landing gear. When I have more money I will add a gimbal.
Tomorrow I'll attach it to my F550 and get some photos from the Sony for the first time.

I don't know how to delete the bad photos. sorry

Attachments

• IMAG2640.jpg
    IMAG2640.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 511
  • IMAG2637.jpg
    IMAG2637.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 359
  • IMAG2638.jpg
    IMAG2638.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 387
  • IMAG2639.jpg
    IMAG2639.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_2145.jpg
    IMG_2145.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_2140.jpg
    IMG_2140.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_2141.jpg
    IMG_2141.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_2142.jpg
    IMG_2142.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_2143.jpg
    IMG_2143.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_2144.jpg
    IMG_2144.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 379
Last edited by a moderator:

hjls3

Nice looking set-up. When you get some in stock, can you ship to the USA? I would be interested in landing gear and GoPro gimble. Thanks and hope you have much success with this set-up. Looks brilliant.

Aeroxcraft

Nice looking set-up. When you get some in stock, can you ship to the USA? I would be interested in landing gear and GoPro gimble. Thanks and hope you have much success with this set-up. Looks brilliant.
Hi,

Thankyou, glad you like it!

Yes we ship everywhere. Most of our sales are to the USA. If you send me your email address via the website (http://www.aeroxcraft.com), I will let you know when they are back in stock. It will be around Wednesday (25th April) and we will have plenty of sets.

Cheers
Rob

Kilby

Hey Rob,

I'm about to order a set of your landing gear, but I had a quick question. Does the fixed mounting plate come with it, or is that listed some where else on the site? I didn't see any mention of it.

Thanks!

-Terry

Bella7821

The landing gear should come with that square bracket (at least mine did). That's where the GoPro gimbal attaches to if you buy the gimbal.
Since I have a Sony Nex5n and no gimbal, he made this adapter plate for my to attach my Sony to the rails.
View attachment 4002

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 322

worbc

Bella, did you cut the holes in the bracket? I noticed in the video there was little to no vibration, did you use any damping? There appears to be none.

NFC

rsun, your configuration is nice. What battery did you end up choosing ? I also ordered the landing gear a few days ago… I need to upgrade my F450 into a F550 now :nevreness:

rsun

I did end up with some 4S 5000mAh...

Still haven't made a test on them because I had to wait for some new plugs and and now we got bad wether in Denmark... :-(

Hoping for some summer soon... lol

NFC

On your photos, you have two batteries onboard. Do you plan to have 2 4S 5000 mAH onboard ? For what expected flight time ? Keep us posted about your future trials. This is interresting !

rsun

I did get some 3S 5000mAh for it but I used 60% stick to hover..

On the pix I have 2x 4S 2250 mAh for earlier test... that is way I got some new batteries.. planing on using one lipo and not two onboard..

toptweaks

Hi All...

just got mine and finish the installation. building it easy, with manual booklet nicely shown installation provided. here mine as this is a complete installation of the landing gear kit only. this is what you will get.

yeah sturdier then my last one i like it !

View attachment 4044

Attachments

• aerogear.jpg
    aerogear.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 415