New Camera Mount Design Advice Please

Borneoben

hey ovdt

If you were using a small enough bit ike 2mm diameter then this is what the "over cut" or T shape would look like to avoid having to file all the corners square!!

I cant think of anywhere in the design where this technique would not work

I used this idea on a Helicopter frame i designed a couple years ago worked well with carbon Fibre.

I have no idea of your experience with cutting G10 but a rotary diamond file works very well as opposed to a traditional end mill it leaves a really nice finish that requires hardly any dressing afterwards.

Can you machine Delrin as well?

We will need the special clamps machined for the Tear Drop shaped Carbon Arms..

Hmmm i may be interested in getting a frame cut by you!!

Ben

Attachments

• Over cut for machining.jpg
    Over cut for machining.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 356

Borneoben

I just thought

This design was based around using plywood and using thin CA to wick into all the joints. The plywood is especially good for this as it will also absorb some of the CA.

How do you think this would work with G10?

Maybe you would have to use a thin Epoxy instead??

ovdt

Can you not get 1/8 (3.75mm) aircraft ply where you are?

Ben

ovdt

Hello Ben,

T shape is very logical, but as far as I can understand, the vertical part needs to be sharp again somehow. Maybe, a little workshop with sand will overcome this. I think I need to cut one and see if it works perfectly :)

I can cut Delrin, I am using 10 mm Delrin blocks for motor mount clamps. But, we manually drill the hole. Laser cut burns the Delrin, I'm kind of stuck with it right now.

View attachment 1223

I'm not sure if I can find aircraft ply here. I can find everything sometimes but the names are different. For instance, the fiberglass is known as something epoxyglass :)

I can cut them for you too here if the CNC cut works :)

Attachments

• IMG_2693.jpg
    IMG_2693.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 309

helimac

I just thought

This design was based around using plywood and using thin CA to wick into all the joints. The plywood is especially good for this as it will also absorb some of the CA.

How do you think this would work with G10?

Maybe you would have to use a thin Epoxy instead??

ovdt

Can you not get 1/8 (3.75mm) aircraft ply where you are?

Ben

Hi Ben :

This depends on the Material 's Strength / Toughness and purchasing cost , right ?

Derlin is a good material , But just not sure if it is strong enough to resist crash happening when you use it as frame or blade , tail blade .

Carbon Fibre is a much better material comparing to derlin as it is tough , and light weighted , but quite expensive .

G10 is a little more weighted than Carbon Fiber , just a little , And G10 is very tough and strong enough . In the quadcopter market , Most of the Frames are made of G10 in black colour , Because G10 is not expensive , But for designing main blade or tail blade , Carbon Fibre is still the better choice as the Toughness / Weight ratio is the best , It should be a very light material based .

Thank you !

Lei