New 4k Lumix camera released

jfro

Aerial Fun
Kloner - I'm interested in learning details about the vid you posted. I thought HDMI was crippled for anything except playback on this cam. How were you framing? And was this shot UHD 30p? Smoke / steam coming from top of building looks super weird. Was the shutter speed set really high? I gave up on this cam for aerial but your post is making me reconsider.

I read it has an NTSC output.

jfro

Aerial Fun
That wouldn't be so good. Since it has same processor as GH4, I'd be a little disappointed if it couldn't give ntsc or hdmi while recording. If it doesn't, big mistake, IMO, on their part.

Filthy

Agreed on the disappointment end. But it's really nothing new from big camera manufacturers. They're just trying to protect sales of GH4's and above right? I know a few guys (myself included) who had high hopes for this little cam. But in hindsight, it was pretty dumb of me think that they would actually enable external recording / monitoring from it. Will just to stay with my GH4 for now (which is still pretty damn amazing for the price).

jfro

Aerial Fun
Agreed on the disappointment end. But it's really nothing new from big camera manufacturers. They're just trying to protect sales of GH4's and above right? I know a few guys (myself included) who had high hopes for this little cam. But in hindsight, it was pretty dumb of me think that they would actually enable external recording / monitoring from it. Will just to stay with my GH4 for now (which is still pretty damn amazing for the price).

I agree, but the reduction in the weight would make this great for a mid to small 3 axis gimbal and be very flyable on a heavy lift quad or for some extra minutes on a bigger MR....

Maybe the hack community will figure it out.. Long shot, but a slim possibility....

Filthy

Maybe the hack community will figure it out.. Long shot, but a slim possibility....

Not likely since the Vitaliy never got around to cracking the GH3 even though the original dump happened last year. But still a possibility like you said. After all look at the F5. A simple txt file save from its bigger brother and BAM internal 4k at 60p! Too bad it's not that simple in this case.