NAZA prop broke and landed in pond

gencode

I just lost a f550 a go pro and naza-m and fpv in 5 seconds after a prop broke and it uncontrollably dove in a near by retention pond.

Lookin on the web this happens to a lot of people, it was 1 week old

Bella7821

Yes, it happens a lot.
The stock props only last about 15 flights. At least that's been my experience. I've crashed 3 times due to a DJI prop breaking in mid air. Twice on my F550 and once with the new thicker hub props on my F450.
That totally sucks, I wish you would have seen my thread and a lot of others a long time ago.

If you were recording and can get the video off the GoPro, show it to DJI.
I did when my NAZA broke and they replaced it.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1692005
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1620837

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We12v-McC4Y&sns=em
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nww9-BDEdjY&sns=em

Last edited by a moderator:

gencode

Its in a gator infested pond in FL, its dark and its > 6 feet down...I was in it when a gator started getting to close.

This is BS that DJI is putting these blades on. It was only 4th flight, so now Im out 1,000 worth of equipment, 4 flights is not right.
I lost my NAZA M and gopro

My GAUI has had dozens of flights without a sign of trouble, I had the NAZA-M on the GAUI and it was great, I guess Ill go back to that setup

Last edited by a moderator:

gencode

Bella thanks again for the concern, but dont they make any props that dont break?
I mean I would pay 20 bucks a prop if that were the case
Its not worth this thing crashing when im at altitude.

Bella7821

Geez, that totally sucks and I agree 100% about the crappy props.
When I crashed my S800 from a manufacture defect I seriously got depressed since I couldn't afford it in the first place.
Thank god DJI replaced it. If not I would have done whatever possible to get I replaced.
If you crash your brand new car because a wheel fell off driving home from the dealer wouldn't it be the dealers fault.

Bella7821

Yes, they're are great props out there. I've only used Graupners ad I think they are the most used on a multi.
I get mine from here if you don't mind waiting for 2 weeks and they are the least expensive.
8e95bfbe36d6035f0d3de8bdf4160a70&x
if you need them fast
8e95bfbe36d6035f0d3de8bdf4160a70&x

gencode

Wow just noticed you said they replaced it, the video is at the bottom of the pond along with my GoPro...Did you just call them?
Id at least like the NAZAM replaced

Bella7821

Robert is a great guy. I buy all my stuff from him.
Just too bad you can't get that SD card.
Not much you can do without proof.

kyle925

w/ all the crashes caused by the stock props from DJI, there should be a lawsuit. Way too much expensive equipment being wasted and a lot of heartaches.

gencode

I can probably get it back in the winter as thats the FL dry season but not sure the SD will be good 6 months from now.

Kilby

Can you get a small boat out there and maybe fish it out? That would at least keep you away from the gators. Sorry about your luck. Those props are just a bad design and should never have made it to production. It's a problem with the hub design.

Good luck!!

I was just going to say the exact same thing!! I lived in florida for a few years so I hear ya on the gator part...Get a treble hook and snag that sucker out of there...I wouldn't try waiting...**** rent a canoe or something...

I'm glad you guys have posted about these props...i've been using the stock props since january and haven't had one break on me mid flight (yet) but i'm staying far...far away from anything when flying with those...

Good luck bud let us know what happens!!

Can you get a small boat out there and maybe fish it out? That would at least keep you away from the gators. Sorry about your luck. Those props are just a bad design and should never have made it to production. It's a problem with the hub design.

Good luck!!

kloner

Aerial DP
I've taken em out of the water twice. We have these rakes we use for clearing vegetation around the boat docks. it's just a pice of pvc slid over teh handle on a rake. It makes a tink when it hits and was really easy to get out. Scratched a gopro lens once, but only thing i've screwed up.

So a quad does pretty good if you can get it out fast, completely tear everything down and let it dry before powering up. usually a couple days. Everytime i've put something int he water, the only thing i've lost is esc's. they seem to get screwed up going in. I still fly the naza today

gencode

First day I tried wading, second day we tried cast net, so fast is over
I may try this weekend with a raft

I've taken em out of the water twice. We have these rakes we use for clearing vegetation around the boat docks. it's just a pice of pvc slid over teh handle on a rake. It makes a tink when it hits and was really easy to get out. Scratched a gopro lens once, but only thing i've screwed up.

So a quad does pretty good if you can get it out fast, completely tear everything down and let it dry before powering up. usually a couple days. Everytime i've put something int he water, the only thing i've lost is esc's. they seem to get screwed up going in. I still fly the naza today