My brushless gimbal result

SMP

Sheesh Denny, We use a 17MM TSE and that things a bloody brick, cant imagine flying it!! You gonna ask gotheli to add motors to the TS Knobs next?? Is that the Gotheli gimbal with a 550 levered in?? If so Im in $ $

SamaraMedia

Looks real good Ken, hope this trip doesn't leave you stranded in Vegas... Have a safe trip and hurry home so we can see more video. :tennis:

JW

jfro

Aerial Fun
rwskier I noticed in one of your other video's you mention another multicopter and the Zenmuse & AV130. Be good to hear some comparisons. Looks like it's a no brainer for the smaller cameras. I think I'd buy one today if they were available. It seems it's a waiting game now and will have to get lucky to get one.

I'm pretty amazed at your video if that is right out of the box with no tweaking. Also guessing you have some flying skills by the look of the video. Not bad, especially on a plastic frame.

When you got the brushless gimble, did it come with all the mounting hardware you needed? What battery did you use?

Again, nice vid.

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
What the heck? How come all the video you guys post look smoother / sharper then mine? Something you all not telling me. It seem everyone video posted on Vimeo is smoother and sharper than mine? I guess mechanic dude don't know how to edit video. :(

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
Well... got a international customer ordered 2x unit. Gimbal is all box up and ready to ship. But customer want me to take a picture of all the packaging and shipping label and send it to him before sending it out... What the? He said he doesn't trust us and for a product he never seen before... ect. Anyway, this raises my suspicition and I told him I have to cancel the order and will refund. Within 2 minutes of sending the email, he launch a PayPal dispute on me. WOW! ever since we started business, only had 2 paypal dispute total, the last time we lost because we are stupid enough to ship it to a different address because a customer called in and we thought he sound trust worthy.

Well.. you know what this mean? this mean I have 2 available gimbal for the US customer. I'm fine with that, going down the list to see who's the lucky one.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

SamaraMedia

Pick me too!! One man's loss is another man's gain. Ready and waiting...

JW

DennyR

Sheesh Denny, We use a 17MM TSE and that things a bloody brick, cant imagine flying it!! You gonna ask gotheli to add motors to the TS Knobs next?? Is that the Gotheli gimbal with a 550 levered in?? If so Im in $ $

Yeah its heavy but that TDR can lift anything...... This one is more like a MR mount. It's another one arm bandit. View attachment 10603View attachment 10604 I've had this thing for a few years and its one of my best platforms. Everyone should try one of these. This one started life as a very hot 2 meter carbon Blade. A record breaking slope soarer capable of over 200 m.p.h. The wing is a work of art.

This is a full FPV rig but I don't do that over the clouds stuff. Over the town where the glide clear rule forbids full size stuff.

problem with DSLR's and reds etc. is the weight of the lenses that go with it. I have something here that will obsolete just about all of my cameras.

Attachments

• Blade-2.jpg
    Blade-2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 186
  • Blade-1.jpg
    Blade-1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 196

flitelab

Well... got a international customer ordered 2x unit. Gimbal is all box up and ready to ship. But customer want me to take a picture of all the packaging and shipping label and send it to him before sending it out... What the? He said he doesn't trust us and for a product he never seen before... ect. Anyway, this raises my suspicition and I told him I have to cancel the order and will refund. Within 2 minutes of sending the email, he launch a PayPal dispute on me. WOW! ever since we started business, only had 2 paypal dispute total, the last time we lost because we are stupid enough to ship it to a different address because a customer called in and we thought he sound trust worthy.

Well.. you know what this mean? this mean I have 2 available gimbal for the US customer. I'm fine with that, going down the list to see who's the lucky one.

:)

I would definitely be interested, and International :02.47-tranquillity:
Sent you an email a few days ago on one but had not heard back.

rwskier

Multi Rotor Video
jfro I wish that I had some experience with those other MR's and gimbals but I have not. I can tell you that I am super impressed with the performance of this gimbal. The guys at Gothelirc set all the parameters of the gimbal before they sent it to me and I did not change anything before this video except the pitch control for the TX.

It did come with the vibration dampeners but I Frankensteined a rail system for it to get the camera forward of the LG.

The battery for the gimbal is a little 3S 800mah lipo. I wanted to run a separate battery since I am running 4S for the MR.

Thanks for the compliments too.

rwskier I noticed in one of your other video's you mention another multicopter and the Zenmuse & AV130. Be good to hear some comparisons. Looks like it's a no brainer for the smaller cameras. I think I'd buy one today if they were available. It seems it's a waiting game now and will have to get lucky to get one.

I'm pretty amazed at your video if that is right out of the box with no tweaking. Also guessing you have some flying skills by the look of the video. Not bad, especially on a plastic frame.

When you got the brushless gimble, did it come with all the mounting hardware you needed? What battery did you use?

Again, nice vid.

rwskier

Multi Rotor Video
GotHeliRC Maybe we should just keep you building the gimbals and we will keep doing the editing. Very nice work on the Gimbal and thanks so much for the time in helping me get the GUI running on my computer. I appreciate it all.

What the heck? How come all the video you guys post look smoother / sharper then mine? Something you all not telling me. It seem everyone video posted on Vimeo is smoother and sharper than mine? I guess mechanic dude don't know how to edit video. :(

jfro

Aerial Fun
What's optimum for the voltage to the motors? I have some left over small adjustable regulators that I use for my camera's when I want to use large external batteries.
Might be a cleaner install to run that unless the gimble needs a battery for balance or something.
Any suggestions.

rwskier I have two 16mm rails I was going to use on the bottom of my xy8. , can you post pics of what you did.

GotHeliRC. It might not be your editing, it could be camera settings or just how your render and then send to youtube or Vimeo. I don't post alot, but some looks better than the others and all are pretty much edited the same, but output settings are always changing. Google settings for youtube and you'll get some suggestions.

Icke84

For the most fluid settings film with 60p and edit/render out with 60p. anther way would be to film with 60p and render out in 30p, will also look good, but not as good as 60p.
and bitrate should not be under 6mbit/s. And always render out in fullHD, even when most vimeo videos are displayed in 720p, fullHD downscaled to 720p will still looks better.

i will post my first gimbal test video in an hour,nothing special because i don't have much room at my backyard.

Icke84

So as i said, here is my first test video with the gothelirc brushless gimbal.

It's not perfect i know, but i just got it some hours ago and didn't even plug it on the pc. just balanced it roughly and put it on my prototype hexa and go out for one testflight.
I have not much space at my backyard but i'm getting better results then with any servo gimbal. i still don't like the nex5 mount, because it's only a small aera which has direkt contact to the gimbal.
So i think if i can make it stronger with more contactpoints on the gimbal plate these small small vibrations can be gone.

i also switched of the optical stabilzer and of course this is raw footage. you hear from the motors that I'm pushing it fast and. the one time really fast and hard, but that part you can see by yourself :)

also maybe my hexa is not yet perfect, i also used unbalanced xoar 13x6,5 props because i had no time to balance them before.

but i'm totally happy, thanks gothelirc.

View attachment 10618View attachment 10619

your german customer ;)

Attachments

• 2013-03-27 16.54.55.jpg
    2013-03-27 16.54.55.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 403
  • 2013-03-27 16.55.02.jpg
    2013-03-27 16.55.02.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 445

Somebody put me on the pre-order list please!! I just received my fancy new CarbonCore 950 frame and the Mikrokopter parts are going to get transferred over when I get home in 3.5 weeks. Hey RWSkier, I live in Estacada, we should get together and crash our choppers into things (or make videos, either way is fun).

How I left the Hexa at home last month (I work on the road). That servo gimbal is on it's last life and didn't work very well to begin with.

http://www.lordofthecrabpeople.com/images/copter1.jpg

Boltzman

Hi All!

I have been testing the GotheliRC brushless gimbal during the past weeks, must say it's completely stunning.

My setup:
TBS Discovery frame (modified for a front mount gimbal)
DJI arms
Pulso 2840/14 motors (oversized, will reduce to smaller soon)
Graupner 10x5 props
GotheliRC brushless gimbal (of course)
GotheliRC extension legs (modified and shortened for water landing)
GotheliRC extension motor arms
DJI Naza with GPS
Turnigy 5000 mAh 4S battery (now running the gimbal on the same power)

This setup is so ultra compact it can fit into a backpack and takes videos on par with the Zenmuse (imagine the S800 assembled ready in the backpack). I had a lot of consideration of the flexible and weak DJI arms but all tests have shown wonderful results.

Currently I am in Thailand and testing the drone in a rough environment and extreme heat. Will post some pictures from the flights but cannot upload videos yet because of the slow broadband here.

I must say this is the best gimbal I have flown with, GotheliRC devotion to quality and excellent customer support makes the best buy.

View attachment 10671View attachment 10672View attachment 10673View attachment 10674View attachment 10675View attachment 10676View attachment 10677

Attachments

• IMG_6835_1.jpg
    IMG_6835_1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 395
  • image (3).jpeg
    image (3).jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 401
  • image (2).jpeg
    image (2).jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 436
  • image (1).jpeg
    image (1).jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 422
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 314
  • bild (1).JPG
    bild (1).JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 272
  • bild.JPG
    bild.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 270

Boltzman

Attachments

• DSC02398_1.jpg
    DSC02398_1.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC02633 - Copy_1.jpg
    DSC02633 - Copy_1.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC02727_1.jpg
    DSC02727_1.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC02734_1.jpg
    DSC02734_1.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC02793_1.jpg
    DSC02793_1.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC02799_1.jpg
    DSC02799_1.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC02911_1.jpg
    DSC02911_1.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC02915_1.jpg
    DSC02915_1.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC02921_1.jpg
    DSC02921_1.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC02922_1.jpg
    DSC02922_1.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC02925_1.jpg
    DSC02925_1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC02932_1.jpg
    DSC02932_1.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC02934_1.jpg
    DSC02934_1.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC02938_1.jpg
    DSC02938_1.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_6835_1.jpg
    IMG_6835_1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 151

kloner

Aerial DP
thats hot..... it's not drifting forward? if not, leave those motors. the 2814 i tried can't handle a nex on front, little lone a gimbal too.

Boltzman

I had some drifting issues in the beginning, mainly to all the problems that Naza comes with...
Then I fixed the RX subtrim bugs with a lot of hassle. Finally just balanced the drone with moving the battery to the far far back.
By removing the top mount of the GotheliRC gimbal i got away with at least 100 grams.
Please note that I also use the Sony 0.75x extender so the total camera weight is around 475 grams, it works fine but I would ask GotheliRC to modify the camera mounting plate to make the camera screw hole deeper so I can attach filters to the camera front.
Also, I still have some minor issues with delayed horizon leveling when i do 180 degrees right rudder, GotheliRC believes its due to the Alexmos sensor not being 100% leveled with the camera plate. The delay is around 5 second until perfect leveling but you seldom do these quick pans anyway.

Do you have any oictures of your front mount design? What setup details did you have and total weight?

I want to reduce some weight, Pulso 2820/14 860 KV motors weights 155 grams each..

I might go up to 11x5 props, needs some more punch for even more aggressive flying.

Total flight time now is around 8-9 min. Motors are not running hot and please bear in mind that I now fly in 45 degrees extreme humidity.

Much better than the 5 min I got on the same battery with my 80 cm quad (Pulso 2820/14 motors), AV130 gimbal and NEX-5N with 0.75x extender.

Any other suggestions. Any higher KV motors to recommend?

Thanks

thats hot..... it's not drifting forward? if not, leave those motors. the 2814 i tried can't handle a nex on front, little lone a gimbal too.

Boltzman

Are there any general guidance how big propellers you can have on a frame (motor to motor) distance before the drone gets unstable? I put on 13x6.5 on my TBS Discovery with metal extension arms and Pulso 2820/14 860 kv motors and the thrust cut one of the DJI arms in half because of the thrust. I want a small drone as possible to fit in a backback and carry the NEX-5 with GotheliRC brushless gimbal. As the gimbal resolves wobbling, vibration reduction and sufficient control of the drone is more important. Have anybody tested the Graupner 12X6 propellers yet, are they to big for TBS Discovery with extension arms?
Thanks!