Hoverfly Lurkers - Slow Forum

Webheadfred

Air Traffic Controller
I agree with Benjamin. I have a Futaba 8FG super as I had visions of flying aircraft as well. It's a beautiful transmitter but if I had it to do over again, I'd get the T8FG as the throttle doesn't have the clicks, more suitable for fine tune hovering with the multi-rotors.

I agree with Benjamin. I have a Futaba 8FG super as I had visions of flying aircraft as well. It's a beautiful transmitter but if I had it to do over again, I'd get the T8FG as the throttle doesn't have the clicks, more suitable for fine tune hovering with the multi-rotors.

I think Futaba will convert it for you to the version without clicks if you'd rather have the smooth throttle stick.

Av8Chuck

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]If you guys are looking to make this forum a little more active, I could use some help [sort of].

I built a Y6 and purchased a HFPro for it about 9 months ago but for some reason I've had a mental block in trying to get the HFPro flying.

In the meantime I've built a DJI 330 quad and a Hex with a NAZA/GPS, I really like flying it with the coarse lock [Carefree] but the NAZA just seems a bit quirky to me.

I got enthused after reading that you can fly a HFPro w/o GPS in carefree mode so I could use some help/swift kick in the butt/encouragement on completing my Y6 build.

Help...
[/FONT]

Lurking, guilty! So this is not a battery thread, but with Josh from Maxamps posting I thought I'd chime in and say how happy I am with the 10,900 5S batts I just received. The 120c makes the cells bigger but They are absolutely better batts on my Octo heavy lifter than the 11,000 5S 40c batts. And they fit on the droidworx battery holders. They stick up past the top bracket but the Velcro strap keeps them happy and secure. So, thanks Josh for the advice and also the adaptor cable to let me use my basket of 1300mah 3s with deans on my AR Drone v2.

Josh

I tell you what I am probably one of the bigger lurkers. Always reading stuff but I don't have a system at this point. I just drool over what you guys have. I would add input if I had any but at this point this information is my source of knowledge. Ask a battery question and I can probably shed some light but it looks like for the most part batteries are not a big concern.

JoshMaxAmps

Lurking, guilty! So this is not a battery thread, but with Josh from Maxamps posting I thought I'd chime in and say how happy I am with the 10,900 5S batts I just received. The 120c makes the cells bigger but They are absolutely better batts on my Octo heavy lifter than the 11,000 5S 40c batts. And they fit on the droidworx battery holders. They stick up past the top bracket but the Velcro strap keeps them happy and secure. So, thanks Josh for the advice and also the adaptor cable to let me use my basket of 1300mah 3s with deans on my AR Drone v2.

Josh

First off thank you for the plug on Multirotor. I am glad we could provide you with the power you need for your setups. It make me feel good to hear that after the fact feedback from customers. Half the time I get to help complete a system for a customer but I do not get to hear feedback on the results. What kind of flight time are you seeing with the 10900Mah cells? Any footage?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
First off thank you for the plug on Multirotor. I am glad we could provide you with the power you need for your setups. It make me feel good to hear that after the fact feedback from customers. Half the time I get to help complete a system for a customer but I do not get to hear feedback on the results. What kind of flight time are you seeing with the 10900Mah cells? Any footage?

Aye UP Josh.. QUESTION!

I am flying two 8000amh 5 cell 30C Zippy's on my X4. Flight time around 12 mins 1.2KG camera. Guessing TOW is about 7kg. What advantages would I get from using your packs?

I am sure you will need loads more info but I am really interested in expanding this thread to educate the masses on why your packs are better.

Dave

JoshMaxAmps

Dave,

Great Question! There are tons of reasons to choose MaxAmps over other brands.

Our batteries offer more flight time, have higher energy density, and offer more cycles than any other brand.

With specific questions, just give us a call at 888-654-4450 and we can make sure that we recommend the best possible pack for your setup.

Josh

Aerovideo

If you guys are looking to make this forum a little more active, I could use some help [sort of].

I built a Y6 and purchased a HFPro for it about 9 months ago but for some reason I've had a mental block in trying to get the HFPro flying.

In the meantime I've built a DJI 330 quad and a Hex with a NAZA/GPS, I really like flying it with the coarse lock [Carefree] but the NAZA just seems a bit quirky to me.

I got enthused after reading that you can fly a HFPro w/o GPS in carefree mode so I could use some help/swift kick in the butt/encouragement on completing my Y6 build.

Help...

Hey Chuck,

I could be wrong but i think the HFPro needs the GPS to do the carefree mode stuff as the compass is on the GPS board.

With the firmware since version 4 i think, you set the type of model in the setup client now instead of the firmware client like it used to be. Just mentioning that in case you were having problems setting it up for a Y6.

Hope that helps,