Why do DJI F550 CCW props run faster and produce more downdraft than CW?? Weird!!

Mon0bLE

Hey guys, I was just looking over my F550 while it idled, looking for vibrations (and cutting open my finger in the process - lesson learnt :L). I noticed that when I powered down the motors the three out of six props which rotate counter-clockwise take longer to stop, suggesting that they are spinning faster.... Some have gone on longer than others, but I only just made the connection with the directions.
Upon further inspection, by (carefully :tennis:) placing my hand under each of the props, I can feel significantly more wind being pushed down from the CCW props, than from the CW ones.
Has anyone else noticed this? Is it normal? Surely this must lead to imbalances in flight?

And just to be clear, yes, I am sure that all the props and motors are on in the right way/direction etc.

I'm using Graupner 10x5s and DJI Naza incase anyone wants to know. Everything else is stock (ESCs/motors etc.).

The CCW props are numbers 1, 3 & 5 according to the manufacturers diagram...

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Could just be a slightly more loose bearing? I have one on my 450 that does the same thing, try it in manual mode and see if it does the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mon0bLE

Could just be a slightly more loose bearing? I have one on my 450 that does the same thing, try it in manual mode and see if it does the same.

Yes, the same seems to happen in manual, but I'm not sure you're understanding:
ALL 3 of the props which turn clockwise appear to spin slower, and produce less lift, than the other 3 props, which turn counter-clockwise....
My hex flies pretty much fine at the moment, so I don't think its a problem, I was just wondering if its the same for everyone....?