How do you install Graupner Props on F550?

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
Hello;
I am at the point of putting on Graupners as everyone on on the forums said not to waste my time or jeopardize my investment by using the stock DJI props on my F550.

I bought the 9"x5 with 8mm spacers as that was recommended to me by my online source. I am also running a 4S 6600mah flat pack.

I have included some images of what I'm dealing with. The original props have a thicker base and are keyed to go on to the motors. The Graupners are thinner and required me to ream out the whole a bit. If I use two washers, it takes up the space. Although I only have 3 threads showing on the spindle (where the stock blades offer 4 threads) I was able to tighten the spinner nut down pretty firmly where the prop wasn't really moving. Am I okay here? Someone else online recommended using a "sprocket" washer to offer some bite on the prop.

Please have a look at my images and let me know.
Thanks!

Attachments

• F550_Props-01.jpg
    F550_Props-01.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 306
  • F550_Props-02.jpg
    F550_Props-02.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 318
  • F550_Props-03.jpg
    F550_Props-03.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 330
  • F550_Props-04.jpg
    F550_Props-04.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 284
  • F550_Props-05.jpg
    F550_Props-05.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 299

Wedge

Grab some nyloc nuts instead using the stock spinners, Hal. They'll produce the grip you need and ensure that your props don't come off mid-flight. You may even be able to do away with one of the washers on each motor thus saving some weight...

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
Grab some nyloc nuts instead using the stock spinners, Hal. They'll produce the grip you need and ensure that your props don't come off mid-flight. You may even be able to do away with one of the washers on each motor thus saving some weight...
Thanks very much for the reply. But what are nyloc nuts? Are they the "star" shaped washers?

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
Oh, ok. Got it. I read the chat, so I am on the right track. I might head down to the local hardware store and see if they have any of those "star" shaped washers. But I think I'm good to go.