kloners TBS Discovery

azure

dangit azure, you got me hankerin to try the rth,,,, ordered the gps module for it

The RTH has now saved my a** three times now. Once when my video link crapped in a "shadow", where I switched into failsafe manually. And twice where my RC locked out... one time over a hill and one time when I was down in a riverbed, both out of LOS, where the RTH kicked in automatically (I watched it on video!). Each time the MRC started to climb in the RTH profile and I was able to regain either video or RC, depending on the problem. I'm sure it's not an absolute, and not perfect for all situations, but when pushing the limits it's a great backup to have.

Tahoe Ed

Has anyone heard anything from Team Black Sheep? I thought that they were supposed to start shipping with the core about now.

kloner

Aerial DP
he posted this yesterday

TBS CORE update
Our manufacturer has had 2 days delay for the TBS COREs. It's a 40 day production run, so not too bad
smile.png
They are punching the TBS CORE through a series of tests right now, and should ship a first run express to us tomorrow. If all things go well, we should have enough here by Friday to start working on the 3-digit waiting list. If everything goes according to plan, we'll need to rent a truck on Monday to drive most, if not all orders to the post office on Monday.

Should the TBS CORE arrive on Monday, we will ship on Wednesday.

Thanks for your patience guys!

I just took mine outside and hovered i for the first time. Flew awesome. when i was done went into the house, noticed smoke, couldn't get the battery undone fast enough, smoked the core. i gotta guess a piece of solder got loose in there. What a mess that is to do.

Gonna order another one, SOB

kloner

Aerial DP
looks like a new one bought today ships in a week, same as you guys. heres what i was left with. still flies, just no core power to the cameras. Core is smoked, frames got a hole in it

Attachments

• 002 (1024x768).jpg
    002 (1024x768).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 310
  • 001 (1024x768).jpg
    001 (1024x768).jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 353

azure

[/QUOTE]

F*******k! But REALLY smooth until then. NO jello at all!

Sucks, man. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
got all the wiring done, got the new antenna made, think i'm about ready to give this thing a try. wired up the fpv gear on a seperate battery for now, will be fine the next few weeks. Can figure out these new to me motors, the props, etc. Weighed in at 1540g. rtf with 3000 4s for power, 1000 3s for vid

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

everything clears inverted, crash ready
i.php

I'll loom all the wires when i do the real build........

hjls3

kloner - let me know when you are done building mine and i will let you know where to send it :) super nice build, cant wait for the flight review.

kloner

Aerial DP
the live feed capture. i used to try this with my 5.8 and it'd go blank down there. I've never been around the corner. i got a 1/4 mile of the San Diego river running across my property. when i know it works, i'll try and fly it. this is without a tracker. the 5.8 did alot less junk to the sides and behind, but it is one of the crosshairs weakpoints. The helical is better to the side and back, but there alot bigger and bulky

the antenna is pointed down in the canyon by the back of the boat

Kloner,
I love the 'blacked out' look of the motors - and the fit to the Discovery with the black DJI arms. Very stealthy. Are those Suppo 2810's? What did you use to paint them...

kloner

Aerial DP
thanks. yes there the 2810, so far really happy with them, they have a more stock feeling to them but are doing it without breaking a sweat. 8x5 are so easy to "do"

scotchbrighted them with the red stuff, hit em with a coat of self etching primer then hit them with PlastiDip in the spray can. it is also on the antennas and over any raw tabs on the pcb

gothelirc has black arms by themselves, i got a black and white frame hit and 2 black arms. i still got a brand new dji frame and 2 white arms to sell

I'm going for the "you didn't see nothing" look

kloner

Aerial DP
Flown 10 packs now, fallin in love with the way she feels. I've had longer than wide fpv quads before, but this wide shrt thing feels good. Everything i've tried so far it does. getting the gains dialed in a bit better. the 8" props got it all loose in the yaw but with the gains up around 140 and 90 atti, she feels good enough. it has a decent straight down decent, alot better than a stock 450 and flying it like it's on a wing feels really good, nice and smooth, loves low rates and high expo, fluid feeling

can't wait to go back to my place and give this thing a workout.

Tahoe Ed

Kloner, finally got confirmation of shipping from Trappy of my Discovery and Core, pre-solder, thank you. I should be able to join you in a few weeks with my set up.

Hey Kloner,
Just received my message also. Stoked! --> My only dilema is whether to migrate my bits to the Discovery or start over. I guess I could order a new Flamewheel kit and just keep the top and bottom plate as "extra's".....

Are you happy with your motor selection for the Discovery?

kloner

Aerial DP
I really like the 2810's, but i wish they were a 700800kv so could get better loading with the 9x5. the 8" are working good on 4s and 10" on 3s are both pulling the same watts, hovers just over 260, can fly along 320-400 max full tilt. the 2814 were 22 grams heavier each , that's 3 oz

They come back after a decent little flight 120-130 degrees, have seen em hit 700 watt full throttle in manual.

new kits are $32,,,,, all new bolts is worth that.