KDE Direct has added Multi-Rotor Heli motors to their lineup

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Is there a rough cost estimate for those esc's? You think they will be available within the next 1-2 months? With all the esc/motor compatibility issues going around I am going to wait to buy the motors until these ESC's are out and tested by a few people.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Is there a rough cost estimate for those esc's? You think they will be available within the next 1-2 months? With all the esc/motor compatibility issues going around I am going to wait to buy the motors until these ESC's are out and tested by a few people.

Oh, the headaches this could avoid... :)

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
some people actually enjoy being guinea pigs at the sake of being the first to have a product. I'm the opposite, I like tried and true.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
some people actually enjoy being guinea pigs at the sake of being the first to have a product. I'm the opposite, I like tried and true.

I usually wait for people like you move on to the NEXT thing before I even trust the thing that you proved worked.

im just now starting to trust the mid-70's Honda motorcycles... :)

mangoats

That's a lot of motors.

Attachments

• KDE Direct XF Brushless Series Rendering.jpg
    KDE Direct XF Brushless Series Rendering.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 410

Strato

I just ordered some KDE 4014s for my heavy lift octo, and I need to get this bird in the air soon for some upcoming projects.
Unfortunately I can't wait until mid May for KDE to release their new ESCs, so I need to get something now. I've been hearing mixed reviews on using Maytech Esc's, and I'm wondering if T Motor's S45a with 600Hz refresh rate might handle the 4014's better.
Does anyone have any experience using the KDE XF motors with T Motor ESC's and the "genuine SimonK fast code". Also, anyone know anything about "genuine SimonK fast code"??

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Triumph TR6....any color as long as it's green. Those were about as sexy as these new motors! :)

when I got rid of my Fiat 850 I had a mud brown TR-6 for about three or four years starting around age 18! loved it!

sorry for the thread drift!

kloner

Aerial DP
strato, i have no experience with anything working yet, but when you get what you get, prop up on motor and jam the throttle in a manual mode from 0 to 100 and let the motor slow a bit, if you get what i showed they are not going to be worth flying. The rig will never tune, eventualy she'll come falling down

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
So what you're saying is if my heli shakes to pieces on the ground or sounds like a bunch of hyenas in heat I shouldnt fly it? :)

jfro

Aerial Fun
I just started flying my mid size quad with KDE 3520 motors. Using Plush 40amps. So far no problems, but haven't pushed it yet or flow a full battery. Just tuning with Naza v2 /GPS and 2 gimbals. Right now concentrating on a little GoPro DYs 3 Axis.

Should I be grounding this or shall I take my chances. This is all beyond me. Mine sound good flying, the only thing that seems a little strange is I have to give it more throttle to lift off that any of my other MR's. Once up I'm hoovering around 50-55% throttle on 14" props. I'll put 15" on for my other gimbal.

mangoats

Hello jfro,

The KDE 3530XF-400 motor is not considered a high pole count motor, you will have no problems running it with a basic ESC power system.

Thanks,
Chris

fpmurphy

Anythoughts on 4014XF-380 vs 3520XF-400?

I'm planning an x8 to lift a Red Epic. Total weight per motor is 1343g with the 4014-380kv. Weight per motor with the 3520-400kv is 1378g.

I plan on running 6s. It looks like I'd run a 16" prop with either motor to hover around 50%. I'd get slightly better efficiency (5.3A vs 5.5A) if I went with the 380kv, but then I'd have to deal with ESC selection for a high pole motor. Anyone have thoughts on

fltundra

Anythoughts on 4014XF-380 vs 3520XF-400?

I'm planning an x8 to lift a Red Epic. Total weight per motor is 1343g with the 4014-380kv. Weight per motor with the 3520-400kv is 1378g.

I plan on running 6s. It looks like I'd run a 16" prop with either motor to hover around 50%. I'd get slightly better efficiency (5.3A vs 5.5A) if I went with the 380kv, but then I'd have to deal with ESC selection for a high pole motor. Anyone have thoughts on
Get the Castle mr35 esc's, and you will be fine with either motor, and i would go with the 380's.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
kde is releasing esc's made for these motors... i'd wait the minimal time and get em as a matched kit

kloner

Aerial DP
I honestly have no idea whos manufacturing for who but know for a fact this isn't some relabled esc with some crappy open source firmware and they DO NOT have commutation problems with any of the kde offerings. Castle has burned more people than i can ever remember in rc history with there IVE HV debaucle... thousands if not more were crashing then without esc's for 8-9 months at one point, they used to cheap of compnents and used to burn like dry grass

Castle themselves don't even manufacture themselves, everything everybody makes is done by vendors.... it's the way all this crap works, in every single market,,,, did GM make the ignition they got reamed on, nope, just has there name on em,,,,

murphy, sounds like 3-4 weeks

heres a sneak preview of what type of an improvement in quality im seeing coming from KDE....

View attachment 18068

When you buy an align single rotor, it comes with castle, when you want to upgrade and make it money, you roll with KDE direct prts, and there here to rescue us all from this crappy T-motor junk there trying to pass off as quality and new... my a$$

Attachments

• Sneak Peak-1.jpg
    Sneak Peak-1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 399