How to connect the ubec properley with a hexa setup (wkm) and the av200/360

Hi guys,

I,m looking for some help on how to connect my ubec so that I don,t have power issues using my cam gimble.

1) I,m assuming the signal wires are split off and then run through to the mc , so 2 signal wires for pitch and roll to go to f2 and f1 port and then the servo wire for the 360 ? does this get put into a separate port on the tx and assigned a separate button on the controller, so what happens to the two power cables leftover ? Do these get joined and then connect to the extra battery ?

2) the 3rd servo is for 360 so again do i assign a controller stick to an aux channel on my reciever and then split the power cable to join with the other two (pitch roll) or do i just plug signal and power to the reciever ?

thanks

Matt

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Matt,
Here's a picture of mine. I did what was suggested, but haven't had a chance to try it, because the camera gimbal servos are phelile (bloody forgot how to spell that!!)

signal wires to the WKM and power to the ubec.

View attachment 1480

Cheers,

Gunter.

Attachments

• IMG_0557.JPG
    IMG_0557.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 417

GGoodrum

I'm using the CC 10A programmable BEC, and what I did was to make a special Y-adapter, shown below. This takes the two power leads, from the BEC, but not the signal lead. I then took two regular servo Y-cables. One end of these goes to the servo, and one end goes to this special Y-adapter. The other end of the regular Y-cable has the red power in removed, and is then plugged into the WK-M MC. The net result is that the servos get power from the BEC and the signal wire goes only to the MC.

View attachment 1481

View attachment 1482

Attachments

• Servo Y-adapter-01.jpg
    Servo Y-adapter-01.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 253
  • VC-600-X8-16.jpg
    VC-600-X8-16.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 439

Ja swaar, dit lyk moeilik but , eishhhh ! theres a lot of wires , hopefully I will get there I sort of got it but still not confident....

1) a major problem now is that when i plug the wires in the servo zooms off in one direction and is causing severe frustration to my frontal lobe !!!
2) I will carry on and triumph no matter what though ! I have been playing with the software gimbal setup with little effect so far all very random and annoyingly so.

Matt

Matt,
Here's a picture of mine. I did what was suggested, but haven't had a chance to try it, because the camera gimbal servos are phelile (bloody forgot how to spell that!!)

signal wires to the WKM and power to the ubec.

View attachment 2531

Cheers,

Gunter.

GGoodrum

Your radio is on, right? Mine does that sort of behavior when I forget to turn on the transmitter first. :)

-- Gary

Tahoe Ed

Here is my harness with the BEC attached and wired to the servo extensions that I removed the power leads from and then attached them to the BEC. This way I did not have to modify the leads from my servos. They will eventually have to go back to my TRex 500. I have the CC BEC Pro programed to 6V. I did replace the Cheans with real Deans while I was at it.

View attachment 1483

Attachments

• securedownload-1.jpg
    securedownload-1.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 363

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
1) a major problem now is that when i plug the wires in the servo zooms off in one direction and is causing severe frustration to my frontal lobe !!!

Matt you need to check the Poti on the AV200 is centralised..

Hi Dave,

ok great , have heard something about the ,poti, but not exactly sure what to do.

On my av200 the 360 servo has a 2nd wire which leads to a small turnable switch which does stop the constant moving of the servo. Is this the poti ?

But, on the roll servo there is no 2nd wire leading to a turnable switch. It does lead to a second motor which interestingly does not turn when I power on ther servo. It looks like it is a counter balance motor for smooth operation ? Surely when i power the roll servo which spins constantly the second motor should also spin ?

And, how then do i center the roll servo whithout a 2nd wire leading to a turnable switch ? Is this a servo with the poti inside and if so what should i do to correct it ?

The pitch servo seems to lock into place ( it also has the same 2nd switch which leads to the big wheel which is perpendicular to the camera mount tray and is glued to it and i cant access it) and does respond to input via the software although i am confused by the +1000 and -1000 parameters and the '0' for centralised/midpoint. is there a basic setting or is this all trial and error according to each individual servo ?

Many thanks Dave

Matt

Matt you need to check the Poti on the AV200 is centralised..

Last edited by a moderator:

llbr22

I was thinking about using a separate 6 V Life pack for my AV 130 power. That way there's no extra BEC installed inline with my current power wiring. What do you guys think? Red/black from separate battery, signal from controller?

Sebas600

With a seperat battery the signal won't work. Traco power tsr 1-2465 i think is the one i used. Very small!
Many other threads explain the setup.