Show us your workshop.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Dave just gave me an idea...everyone always posts pics of their flying machines, but we never get to see where they were built!

I have just extended my workbench in the workshop, put a bit of cheap carpet on it, and organised everything into containers etc, when my wife walked in and said "you're so gay" Pah! She doesn't understand!

So here's a couple of shots of my special corner, where I can relax in quiet with a glass of wine, absolute 80's in the background and tinker with...my heli :)

View attachment 1228 View attachment 1229

So where do you build your heli??

Gunter.

Attachments

• workshop 1.jpg
    workshop 1.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 157
  • workshop 2.jpg
    workshop 2.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 360

Kilby

Great thread idea, Gunter. I'm very curious to see everyone's space. My wife & I are moving at the end of the month because, among other things, the lack of work space here. We found a place w/a garage & right behind a school so now I'll have a place to fly and work on copters.

Let's see those workshops so I can get some ideas to build mine out. :highly_amused:

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Great thread idea, Gunter. I'm very curious to see everyone's space. My wife & I are moving at the end of the month because, among other things, the lack of work space here. We found a place w/a garage & right behind a school so now I'll have a place to fly and work on copters.

Let's see those workshops so I can get some ideas to build mine out. :highly_amused:

Make sure you don't fly that copter over the school at playtime! :)

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
I like to post my work area but its my room and the workbench is my computer table.... its a total mess... :dejection:

Great Idea....

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
In my day job I work from my house so I have a good size office at the back of the house on the basement level. One end of it has my desk with all my computers and the other end is my "workshop" for multirotors and helis although its getting a bit crowded in the work area now with 8 multis and almost as many helis, time to move some of the less used stuff to either the crawlspace or to the garage I think. I have a two story two car garage that has the machine tools along with all the lawn and garden stuff and seven motorcycles plus support equipment for them. I'd work out there except there's not a spare square inch of floor space at the moment, not to mention there's no heat or A/C but it is fully insulated should I ever get around to adding some climate control.

Maybe tomorrow I'll dig out one of the cameras and take a couple pics from each end of the office, after I straighten up a bit that is...

Ken

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Dave just gave me an idea...everyone always posts pics of their flying machines, but we never get to see where they were built!

I have just extended my workbench in the workshop, put a bit of cheap carpet on it, and organised everything into containers etc, when my wife walked in and said "you're so gay" Pah! She doesn't understand!

So here's a couple of shots of my special corner, where I can relax in quiet with a glass of wine, absolute 80's in the background and tinker with...my heli :)

View attachment 2071 View attachment 2072

Gunter.

So Gunter the one you posted the other day was'nt your workshop!

This is mine escape workshop, away from home at my works workshop where her indoors cant tell me Ive been working all day on my bloody mRs and cant you mow the grass!

Ill post one of home workshop when I am there

Dave

attachment.php

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
So Gunter the one you posted the other day was'nt your workshop!

This is mine escape workshop, away from home at my works workshop where her indoors cant tell me Ive been working all day on my bloody mRs and cant you mow the grass!

Ill post one of home workshop when I am there

Dave

No Dave, that would be a dream for me!

You're quite posh, what with 2 workshops!

Gunter.

View attachment 2071 View attachment 2072

Gunter.

the women will never understand.

Nice workshop. Even includes a glass of red.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
May be he is just testing us all out before he chooses his next assistant! mmm hope Amy is still on board! ;-)

Emowillcox

Wow... great thread. Was going to post mine, but now realize I better clean my shop before I take any photos :nevreness: My motto use to be “A messy shop is a sign of a well used shop” that would fly for
using my shop to build combat models, but messy is not so good for the world of multicopters.
Dave your shop is amazing... very neat and organized.. Are those aerial shots you did posted on the wall behind you?
Ken your shop very cool, but i’m having a hard time understanding where your tools are located :dejection:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
All kens tools are rolled in to one sonic screwdriver he has in his top pocket!

No the pictures in my workshop are from upt bloody high mountains thats why the look like there from a plane! ;-)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Blimy what you making... Chinooks! Now thats some serious space there no out door testing for you then ;-)

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I am a professional basket weaver. haha

I do metal, plastic wood fabrication. So I have the luxury of a very large man cave. :)

So what exactly is that pic of you posted? It looks like some hippies flying-saucer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I am a professional basket weaver. haha

I do metal, plastic wood fabrication. So I have the luxury of a very large man cave. :)

So what exactly is that pic of you posted? It looks like some hippies flying-saucer?

You're not from England then? :) It's the Dr Who tardis, a very large flying ship inside a very small phone box!