Hi everyone

edouard

Hi all,

Very nice to have a section for introducing new members! What can I say? Though by no means a multirotor expert, I have been spending most of my free time over the last year or so working on the OpenPilot project - in particular, on the ground control station.

openpilot.org started from scratch at the beginning of 2010 and has, I believe, come to a very good first result with the release of a great telemetry protocol, ground control station, flight firmware and even a full blown real time operating system tuned for stabilized and autonomous flight, as well as a first board design (CopterControl), all of which are open sourced already, and are going to be available for everyone to try "any time now" (tm) through a first production run.

So this seemed like a good time to join multirotorforums.com and get to know you guys better, I am looking forward to interesting discussions over here!

Macsgrafs

Hi Edouard, welcome aboard. I'm very interested in your openpilot projects, will they control an octo copter?

Regards
Ross

edouard

Anything from fixed wing to helicopter to octo, really, it is all configurable from the GCS, though the CopterControl board only has six PWM outputs, meaning a HEX max. If you want to go the I2C route, we're designing a small I2C add-on to connect on the flexiport of the board and you will be able to go all the way to 8 in that case.

CopterCam

Edouard, Welcome, great to have somebody from 'OpenPilot' contribute. I have been looking forward to the release of this FCB, right from 'Dankers' first post about this project on another Forum.

Hope this board is the gamechanger it promises to be..........?

Sid

Macsgrafs

Anything from fixed wing to helicopter to octo, really, it is all configurable from the GCS, though the CopterControl board only has six PWM outputs, meaning a HEX max. If you want to go the I2C route, we're designing a small I2C add-on to connect on the flexiport of the board and you will be able to go all the way to 8 in that case.

Lost me already ;) I'm fine with helis & fixed wing, but this octo/hexa/quad stuff is a bit strange to us heli pilots ;) Thanks for the reply.

Ross

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Edouard.

Welcome indeed.. I think you will find a few OP people on here already.. The more the merrier.. May be we need to open a OP section in the forum..

Bart what do you think an Openpilot section to the site?

Dave

quadframes

Hi edouard,
welcome aboard, I am not long joined the Op site myself and have been reading a lot on the op cc board and can’t wait until this is released.... am going to make a frame to suit the cc board + gps ect, when they come available. Dankers has been very helpful.

Graham

dankers

Wow, other OpenPilot developers leaving the safety of our own forums. I need to do an intro post as well just busy trying to get things a bit more polished for the initial coptercontrol release which we will quietly do on Sunday for the US and Europe.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Copter control release quietly!!!

Dankers.. what do you mean QUIETLY.. YOU JUST ANNOUNCED IT NOW!

"Youll go straight to hell for that one"
;);)

He is actually messaging from hell, sorry Melbourne.

Not very many people know about the project and we won't be saying anything RCG on Sunday.

Because I think we would rather have people that know what they are doing having them first, like people here.

Sebbie

Hello to a fellow newbie to the Multirotor Forums, i hope you enjoy it here as much as i am already :)

Crash

Defies Psychics
Welcome Edourd and Dankers. Sunday ehhh? Awesome. I've been waiting since that first post on RCG a year ago or so.