Graupner E-Prop

amorealex

Hello,
I own a Flamewheel F450 with stock setup (motors, ESCs, props) and the DJI Naza Unit.
Currently I fly with 3S batteries, so I use the 10" props.

I want to upgrade the stock propellers with Graupner ones.

The ones I need are:
Graupner E-Prop 10x5 (X2)
Graupner E-Prop 10x5 L REVERSE (X2)

Right?

Also, I would like to ask if needed any hole adapter for the props.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

BerndM

I was surprised to find that when I got my Graupner props, the hole diameter was just fine BUT I had to get some thin 8mm washers to go under
the props so that the nut would tighten down properly.
They also needed some minor balancing.
BE CAREFUL with these suckers! They are SHARP!!!!!

Tahoe Ed

Yes they are. I cut myself the first time I installed mine. The original DJI motors came with an anodized washer under the props. The new ones don't. I use them on my F450 FPV quad and star washers on my F550 hex. Works well. They sound different though.

Topper

I was surprised to find that when I got my Graupner props, the hole diameter was just fine BUT I had to get some thin 8mm washers to go under
the props so that the nut would tighten down properly.
They also needed some minor balancing.
BE CAREFUL with these suckers! They are SHARP!!!!!

do yourself a favor and put any washers on top between propeller and nut, otherwise you risk vibrations and out of balance. I have 9"x5 Graupners on my F550 and those are perfekt on 3S and 4S.

BerndM

Hey Topper
I can't see that the location of the washers would cause any vibration/balance issues providing they fit snuggly around the motor shaft.
Do you have actual evidence that would indicate otherwise?
Not arguing here, just curious....
Thanks

BTW...I only use 3S Lipos and use either the Graupner 10x5 or the GemFan 10x4.5 carbon filled.

Topper

Hey Topper
I can't see that the location of the washers would cause any vibration/balance issues providing they fit snuggly around the motor shaft.
Do you have actual evidence that would indicate otherwise?
Not arguing here, just curious....
Thanks

BTW...I only use 3S Lipos and use either the Graupner 10x5 or the GemFan 10x4.5 carbon filled.

yes with having washers etc. below the prop's did cause more vibrations, try changing it. Visible on Cam

Topper

your guys motors didn't come with the washers? big huge red ones

if you run 4s, checkout the 9x5. super smooth, little less vibes, less size/weight.

pretty good deal here
http://www.multiwiicopter.com/produ...326-9l-multicopters-l-r-cw-ccw-set-of-4-props

but there comin out of austrailia

full agree, I have 9"x5 with 4S on my F550, real good performance. Only lowlight the 9" Graupner have 5/6/8 step drill were you manual need to wide it. I use this tool to prepare them: http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/...SHOP_AREA_32472&promotionareaSearchDetail=005
sort of fuzzy but result is great. Just drill did mot get me good results at all

Totality

Kloner, do you use 10x5 or 9x5 these days on the F450 with 4S? I have the F450 with 4S batteries and wondering whether to downgrade to 3S as most people seem to use 3S, or do you reckon stay with 4S? I noticed in some other threads you used 10x5 so wondering if you still use them?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Kloner, do you use 10x5 or 9x5 these days on the F450 with 4S? I have the F450 with 4S batteries and wondering whether to downgrade to 3S as most people seem to use 3S, or do you reckon stay with 4S? I noticed in some other threads you used 10x5 so wondering if you still use them?
Totality

I use and have right from the start 3cell and Graupner 10x5. If yo go with 4cell I would think you will need to go down a prop size but I aint tried 4's. all I know is 3cell 10x5 combo is great

dave

kloner

Aerial DP
it all depends on your weight

I've run both on both and they both work good. I've logged every session from the logger/osd and never seen more than 50 amps in either setup total. but in some cases the 10's will want to hover at 1/4 stick, then flipping over to atti makes a huge rise. these days i try proping so theres no major rise and so they hover mid stick both modes. Seems to fly "happier"

Totality

Thanks. So the F450, 4S and just FPV equpment (no gimble, etc) use 9x5? Then if gimble, camera, etc added go to 10x5?

kloner

Aerial DP
raw stock flamewheel with naza 8" 4s or 10" 3s, add fpv gear, gopro, needs 9" 4s, 10" 3s,,,,,, add a second battery getting up to 2.5kg your needing 9" starts slacking and needs 10", but sooner or later the stock motors run out of oomph to do it. the 2212 that come in the arf are lik 120-150 watt motors. i run 250 and 350 watt motors, 2810-2814 that can do it. it'll swing the 10" but it's too aerobatic feeling at this weight still. needs another 200-300 grams and it'd have to run the 10's. i've seem 700 watts for all four motors on 10's in manual mode.....

this is 2420gram on 9" with 4s 6000 mah 1000kv motors, it used 4000 in this flight.
if i remember right it hovers/holds altitude in the high 200 low 300 watts, full throttle like the climb upstairs there was like 500 watts. i run the 9's to get mileage, but the 10's fly

Totality

Still waiting for Graupners to come in stock anywhere in 10" size! I have so far tried 3S and 4S batteries on the stock props but don't really do anything with them apart from low level flying or inside flying as don't want them snapping on me.

What I found was the 10" gave vastly better onboard video (less shaking) and the 3S was the best. So 3S and 10" was the smoothest. This could be because I am still waiting for the camera kit so just have a stock F450 with a bullet cam stuck to it so no weight? Would you say 4S and 8" come into their own when you add more weight? I always thought 4S and 8 or 9" was the holy grail so am confused! I find 4S just makes too much vibration.

helifotos

Here is my way to fix the e-prop problem on the axel :nevreness: , take out some space under the top nut, no washer needs....
View attachment 5486
ZoomButt.gif

Attachments

• IMG_2230.jpg
    IMG_2230.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 305