Fw 5.20 - (5.18 need upgrade)

snurre

Noticed 5.20 now available on DJI download page. When I checked some minutes ago the release notes were still for 5.18 release - so for now it is not known what was done.
Maybe a fix of intermittent in air motor cutouts reported insome RC-group posts?
The DJI rep writes that 5.18 needs to update to 5.20.
Gulp. I´ve done a fair amount of flying with the 5.18....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24181237&postcount=17104

Curious to see the 5.20 release notes.

/ Tomas

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Me to I have been flying with it since it first cam out no mither apart from one tiny blip on take off on one flight out of at least thirty or so.

Dave

VINHEX

I saw this tonight... What has been happening in the take offs? Just been doing some testing on a new bird and don't want to plant it into the ground.. Thought it was stable DOH! I did notice that I had a little a throttle cut the other day just before take off could it be this?

Vin
Hexacrafter HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 3s 3300, 3s 5000, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xoar 12x6 props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E
Fatshark Spironet Antenna's, DJI iOSD

Last edited by a moderator:

I just went to look at 5.20 and it looks like it's not available to download now. Was their files available earlier today? Has anybody download 5.20 yet?

VINHEX

Apparently Fixing the problem of motor speed on Octo in some situations. I wonder what problems as I have a HEX??

ok i planted my s800 on 5.20. i fixed it and installed a new wookong that is still at 5.16 i must say that it still remains the best firmware so far

kloner

Aerial DP
is the motor intermitent problem only a atti and gps thing? if so, mine does it like crazy but not in manual

@Stevenhartman, when you say "planted my s800 on 5.20", do you mean, you grounded it after you upgraded to 5.20? also, when you said "fixed it", what was the issue you fixed?

Sorry, trying to follow and today my mind has been all over so I need some help keeping my on the subject in conversations.

KS

ok i planted my s800 on 5.20. i fixed it and installed a new wookong that is still at 5.16 i must say that it still remains the best firmware so far

olof

Osprey
DJI now has posted 5.20 notes:
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/wkm/en/Wookong_M_product_release_notes_en.pdf

It appears there potential problems with octa copters with 5.18.

I kept flying with 5.18 and it was fine yesterday for a commercial shoot, just like it has been on my S800 for weeks. I may upgrade in a few days but I have another shoot tomorrow so I am leaving it on 5.18. BTW for my setup the 5.18 is more stable on takeoff than 5.16. Neither is a problem but 5.18 seems less likely to drift on takeoff.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
I completed the firmware upgrade to 5.2..... immediately before or while doing the upgrade, a note appeared indicating the reason...... there were reports of some motor speeds oscillating up and down previously. DJI claims this firmware upgrade resolves that issue. That was happening to a friends WKM but not mine for some reason!!!!!

Noticed 5.20 now available on DJI download page. When I checked some minutes ago the release notes were still for 5.18 release - so for now it is not known what was done.
Maybe a fix of intermittent in air motor cutouts reported insome RC-group posts?
The DJI rep writes that 5.18 needs to update to 5.20.
Gulp. I´ve done a fair amount of flying with the 5.18....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24181237&postcount=17104

Curious to see the 5.20 release notes.

/ Tomas

Tomstoy2

I'm thoroughly convinced that once you find a firmware that works, don't mess with it. For me 5.16 has been excellent. Flying fpv without uhf, I liked the idea of setting the distance limit. Best to just not go too far, see if they really have all this mess sorted out.
Still not convinced any of these firmwares flys any better than 5.02 to tell the truth.

sylvio

I had that issue when I updated to 5.18....quick motor stops during flight (all at the same time). More noticeable when hovering. Like short power faillures. Scarring, believe me!!!
Back to 5.16 and problem is solved.
Didn't test 5.20 yet.

VINHEX

Convinced I'm rolling back if I plant my new build I will be screaming!! Funny how they always let you roll back to a known good release beta testing is not my forum

gtranquilla

RadioActive
If the programming in these is Ansi C.... I am not the least bit surprised.
The coding is efficient but doesn't accomodate additional features or adjustments without hours and hours of debugging and retesting on the bench.....
Every change means you have another tiger by the tail!!!
then some of the bugs are found hours, weeks, months later once it leaves the bench.
I did not enjoy bench testing and debugging with this high level program.