Flexacopter -----The Making of an octocopter "KRATOS"-----

holco

I think we can say that the YS-X6 works pretty well on the Kratos :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisViperM

hehehehe.....snow is gone....funny winter hats are gone.....the Kratos is rock stabil.....and I am dizzy from watching 13 minutes GoPro footage.

I guess Freefly can make firewood now from their new Cinestar HL heavy lifter......

Great job and well done....

Chris

ChrisViperM

Attachments

• PA224436.jpg
    PA224436.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 355
  • PA224445.jpg
    PA224445.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 358
  • PA224450.jpg
    PA224450.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 251

holco

Last sunday despite a 4bft wind we tested the return to home with auto landing function from the YS-X6, I think we have nothing to complain about :)

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Skewp

The RTL feature seems to work very well and autolanding was also more than stabile. Does the YS-X6 also cut power to the motors after successful auto-landing?

holco

Indeed it works very well, no auto cut of power though just switch to manual mode when the copter hits the ground to cut the power off.

ChrisViperM

Hello

Another question came to my mind.....since the "bottom section" (gimbal / landing gear) of the Kratos is based on the Cinestar 3-Axis Gimbal / landing legs, and having the ongoing development for brushless gimbals in mind, do you have any clever ideas for alternativ landing legs to be able to use alternative gimbals ????

Best regards

Chris

holco

Hi Chris,

Squawk is the one to talk too, he has ordered an Kratos that we have to modify for using an Secraft retractable landing gear in combination with the Zenmuse mount.

http://www.secraft.net/shop/step1.php?number=1357&b_code=B20120924072816&c_code=C20121124115633

Greetings,

Mario

Hello

Another question came to my mind.....since the "bottom section" (gimbal / landing gear) of the Kratos is based on the Cinestar 3-Axis Gimbal / landing legs, and having the ongoing development for brushless gimbals in mind, do you have any clever ideas for alternativ landing legs to be able to use alternative gimbals ????

Best regards

Chris

ChrisViperM

I hope it's not a render like Freefly's Cinestar 8 HL.......:highly_amused:

seriously.....most beautiful Copter on the planet. If there would be a Miss World contest for Multirotors, you would be the winner....

Chris

holco

Sorry Chris its a render, only better than the one from Freefly ;)

I hope it's not a render like Freefly's Cinestar 8 HL.......:highly_amused:

seriously.....most beautiful Copter on the planet. If there would be a Miss World contest for Multirotors, you would be the winner....

Chris

ChrisViperM

OMG.....that looks like a serious package......is that really my bird ?

I am going to clean my work-shop, paint it new, put the S800 and the Cinestar in a dark corner, put surveilance cameras in my work-shop (have to do it, in case the wife gets jealous and wants to ambush Kratos), paint a nice "Welcome Home, Kratos" sign and put it at the entrance door of my house.....

I promise, I will take great care for Krotos.....no stupid stunts and no reckless flying.....also no lending it to anyone.

Gentlemen, it is an honour having you met here on the forum. I will be a very proud owner of your creation.......

Thanks a lot

Chris