Flew my drone through a firework display

Av8Chuck

I recently shot aerial at an Int'l airport, yes ATC laid out the ground rules and the TSA supervised but everyone cooperated and it was a good day. It would be interesting to know if the Airport Administrator has spoken to the people he thinks is interfering with flight operations.

Also, if I'm traveling at the speed limit, lets say 65MPH and someone I think is an idiot in a Porsche passes me at 90mph and my passenger shoots a video of it with a cell phone then calls the Highway Patrol and forwards the video to them do you think they would pull over the Porsche and site the driver for speeding? They can't do anything about it because that's second hand circumstantial evidence. They don't know if I'm getting divorced from the person in the Porsche and I'm actually traveling at 35 and the Porsche is traveling the speed limit. What gives the FAA the right to prosecute anyone for anything as the result of a YouTube video? The FAA is not a law enforcement agency, if in the example I used the FAA sent me a ticket and I ignored it they couldn't do anything about it, they would have to request a law enforcement officer issue me a subpoena to appear in court which would start the "Due Process of Law." The problem for the FAA is that they wouldn't have standing. A federal judge has already ruled that the FAA does not have the jurisdiction to regulate RC's which in all likelihood means that the Cease and Desist letters are unconstitutional.

This isn't about right, wrong or indifference, its about our rights to use sUAS commercially, and its not up to us to prove that we are not breaking the law, its up to the FAA to prove that we are and they can't use YouTube videos as proof or justification of breaking a law that doesn't exist.

When I was asked to shoot at the airport everyone was skeptical but they were certainly open minded to the idea and once we discussed their concerns of not interrupting commercial flights, where we could fly, how high and when, it was up to me to demonstrate how we would address their concerns in a safe way. They were great to work with.

I agree with you about YouTube videos but it isn't the FAA's job to be investigating them. Its going to be interesting to see the outcome of the recent arrest regarding the close call with the NY police helicopter, apparently the YouTube video showed a potentially very different account of what actually happened and who was putting the public at risk. I bet they'll say that the YouTube video is inconclusive.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I aint really been on here for awhile due to indifferences of opinion. AV8Chuck I have foliowed you since you first blew my mind out with a video you posted on RCGroups and totally see your point along with Jess1111 and SMP who i respect as valued members of this forum.

May be its time to reflect what this forum was started for.

Its drifting away from its origins. the USA needs a professional voice like we have in the UK where people serious about this business can have a voice. A voice that is listened to by the authorities because it represents professionals.

No government agency are going to listen to a amateur forum, no matter how professional or serious about morals, safety or ethics it claims to be.

Get a professional body with members paying subscriptions to support it and then you may have a chance the FAA will listen.

D