Droidworx CS8

Macsgrafs

Well Rob & Linda kept to thier word & got the octocopter to me before I go off to RAF Fairford RIAT tomorrow. Posted on the 9th & here in the UK on the 11th, shame I was out yesterday when they tried to deliver!!! Here is the girl straight out of the box.

View attachment 515

Ross

Attachments

• cs8.jpg
    cs8.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 350

Macsgrafs

You best get cracking then if your flying it this weekend!

hahahahahahaha yeah I wish. Still got to get the FC board, batteries, ESC's+ props. But I'm afraid its packing the car time for me ready for an early start. Roof box on car...what a nightmare that was ;)

Ross

Macsgrafs

LATEST UPDATE:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hope she's looking ok & if any of you enlightened gents find a problem, please do let me know.

Ross

juz

FPV pilot
Wow.. looks like a nice quality kit Ross. I am watching this build with interest. What are you going to hang underneath that machine?

CopterCam

Ross,

Looking Good ! .............. have you done any testing on those motors ?

Did anyone ever tell you; you take a nice Photo ?:rolleyes:

Sid

Macsgrafs

Wow.. looks like a nice quality kit Ross. I am watching this build with interest. What are you going to hang underneath that machine?

Juz, I have to be abkle to take my Canon 40D (hopefully 7D) & also 2 x gopro HD's for stereo work...well that's the theory any way ;)

Ross

Macsgrafs

Ross,

Looking Good ! .............. have you done any testing on those motors ?

Did anyone ever tell you; you take a nice Photo ?:rolleyes:

Sid

Hi Sid,

no testing as of yet, need to get my ESC's first & lipos...then the FC board. The photos were only snaps in my back garden this morning. Went out with my trex 600esp about 1 hour ago, gave her a good thrashing for being a naughty girl...you know how it is ;)
legs
I will not be using the original undercart, but my old trex camera gimbal & legs...fingers crossed. I also need to work out a retract system to keep those long legs out the way of the mrs camera....now that is the fun part ;)

Ross

CopterCam

OK !................ What FC are you going with ? Good luck with the retract system, I have seen many videos of the retracts in use, so it can be done.

Sid

Macsgrafs

Seeing as there doesnt seem to be many Fc's on the market that support Octo's, then it looks like the MK flight controller. As for the retracts, I will visit Hobbycity later & sort out 9 x ESC's (spare incase), 4 x lipos...that will give me 2 flights of about 10 mins I hope + retracts, trouble is the legs only have to go through about 70 degrees & not the standard 90 :(

Ross

CopterCam

Direct solder job then Dave?
`
I have to agree with Dave on the Bullet Connectors. They were the cause of my problems on a GU344 controlled Quad, might be a case for using them for initial testing but there appears to be an issue with them after some use. Maybe there are others with different experience or recommendations ?

Sid

Macsgrafs

Sid, my trex600 uses bullet connectors, never had a single problem..EVER! But I must admit I do heatshrink every connection.

Ross

Stacky

Ive had problems with bullet connectors. One slight bonus of soldering the connections is a very small saving in weight and every little bit helps.