Droidworx CS8

Macsgrafs

Ive had problems with bullet connectors. One slight bonus of soldering the connections is a very small saving in weight and every little bit helps.

Have you seen my soldering ;) ;) bullet connectors are about half the weight of my solder joints ;)
Dont forget the octo has 19Kg of thrust!

Ross

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Macsgrafs do you know what the foam is called( product name ) in the booms and what motors are you using, I can only see a GT on them. Sorry if the questions were asked before typing on a phone in the car couldn't scan the whole thread.

Thanks Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Macsgrafs do you know what the foam is called( product name ) in the booms and what motors are you using, I can only see a GT on them. Sorry if the questions were asked before typing on a phone in the car couldn't scan the whole thread.

Thanks Boris

Crash

Defies Psychics
I like those double wall booms. I was thinking about doing something like that with Gorilla Glue.

Macsgrafs

Thanks Boris

The foam I think is like cavity wall insulation, the motors are emax GT2820/07

Ross

Macsgrafs

http://www.myresearch.lt/blog/onboard_camera/onboard_camera.phtml#Anchor-Positionin-41640 :)

Neat idea with the double-walled tubes. For whatever astronomical price that thing is, I have to say that was expecting a bit more, I must say - "like an ordinary octocopter, only bigger" ;)

It is VERY expensive for what you get, but the quality is good. Updates seem to be free at the moment & I'm waiting on some new design parts arriving anyday. Rob & Linda ALWAYS answer my emails wthin 12 hours, so that sort of support is worth it's weight in gold.

Ross

Interesting specs on those motors:
Specifications:
Model: GT 2820/05
RPM/V: 850KV
No. of Lipo Cells : 2-4S
Max Watt : 656W
Max Current : 41A
Weight : 140g
Motor Dimensions : 35 x 46.5 mm
Stator Dimensions : 28 x 20 mm
Shaft diameter : 5 mm
Shaft Length : 17 mm
Max thrust : 1650 grams / 3S - 2300 grams / 4S
Recommended model weight : 1650 - 2200g
Recommended ESC: EMAX 50A
Recommended Propeller : EMP 12"x6"

Considering that a 50A ESC is recommended, and that you plan on using an MK FC, are you planning on using an i2c converter? Or instead, since they seem to provide nearly twice the power of an MK 3638 (wattage-wise, anyway) do you plan on just using the 30A MK BL 2.0?

Macsgrafs

Interesting specs on those motors:
Specifications:
Model: GT 2820/05
RPM/V: 850KV
No. of Lipo Cells : 2-4S
Max Watt : 656W
Max Current : 41A
Weight : 140g
Motor Dimensions : 35 x 46.5 mm
Stator Dimensions : 28 x 20 mm
Shaft diameter : 5 mm
Shaft Length : 17 mm
Max thrust : 1650 grams / 3S - 2300 grams / 4S
Recommended model weight : 1650 - 2200g
Recommended ESC: EMAX 50A
Recommended Propeller : EMP 12"x6"

Considering that a 50A ESC is recommended, and that you plan on using an MK FC, are you planning on using an i2c converter? Or instead, since they seem to provide nearly twice the power of an MK 3638 (wattage-wise, anyway) do you plan on just using the 30A MK BL 2.0?

Im using a I2C, with 60A ESC's (Turnigy plush), which are ordered but waiting for HK to send them out :(

Ross

Macsgrafs

Had a good look at the CS8 & have noticed a problem. 3 of the 8 arms are not right!!!
When the motor is mounted on the 3 arms, it doesnt sit vertical, it seems to be off by 5 - 8 degrees, either I will need to file the motor locating holes or the main hole that mounts onto the body...I'm thinking the motor mounting holes to be honest. I didnt expect these sort of quality problems with a kit costing in excess of £1400!!!!!!!!
Rob & Linda replied to an earlier email confirming that there are a few problems & will be releasing new arms without the foam inside. My advice to anyone considering getting the CS8...WAIT!!!!

Ross