DJI Zenmuse gimbal for Gopro

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors

Hmmm, that looks like about $2000 at DJI prices, way more than I'd spend for GoPro gimbal regardless of how well it works. Now if it were in the $500 range it would be very interesting and sell by the truckload but we all know it's going to be way more expensive and require a WKM to make it work.

A low end version at a good price that works on a Naza would be nice...

Ken

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
think it was mentioned in rcrgoups that it will work with naza. Price wise you are right 2000 $ would be to much !

I hope they are going to be clever with the recent gimbals developments and orientate the z15 mid sized gimbal towards 2000$ and the go pro one below 1000$.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
think it was mentioned in rcrgoups that it will work with naza. Price wise you are right 2000 $ would be to much !

I hope they are going to be clever with the recent gimbals developments and orientate the z15 mid sized gimbal towards 2000$ and the go pro one below 1000$.

Not likely until there is direct and proven competition. Look at what happened when ZeroUAV released the YS-X6, some WKM related pricing came down a bit and the advanced feature licenses suddenly became less expensive but only to the point of being price competitive. Until there is another direct drive gimbal on the market for less they'll charge whatever they can as long as the demand is there. China seems to have become well versed in the ways of capitalism...

Ken

mitmit

you'll will need a heavy lift multi just to get that gimbal in the air with those motors..

a5493516-123-20130125032705373.jpg

73 grams for the GoPro and ????? for the aluminum gimbal system....... still better than carrying a larger/heavier camera however. Maybe someone could switch some of the parts over to carbon fiber plate and bar material to get the weight down some more.

flitelab

Will be interesting to see what price they release this with considering the new brushless gimbals coming out.

nicwilke

Dont you guys think this is pretty comparable quality?

I think its too little, too late and probably too expensive. I'm starting to think some of the bigger players have been caught with thier pants down.
This guy hasnt quite dialed it all in yet, but the results from this brushless gimbal revolution is outstanding.
Bit of roll drift, but take note of how aggressive this bloke flies.... A little more a real test than the DJI walk in the park.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilby

Jazz DDG is just the name of a DIY gimbal that someone made with the Alexmos controller board. Currently, there are no complete packages available, but they should be out in the next few weeks. Only DIY's as of right now (I believe).

b0nafide

As the Naza flight controller is a "hobby" flight controller and this new Zen gimbal works with it, then I would expect a "hobby" price for it.