DJI S800 Zenmuse & wookongM experience + Power Problems?

Marown

@ FerdinandK I am really sorry but the waight is 6,55 kg and i have only original product from DJI so if this is the reason no s800 with zenmuse and retraceable and video transmishen could fly forward without decending and it was + 4,5° not even under frozen point. In my oppinion the IMU has to be changed...

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi ferdinand,

If it only would be toni who is having this issue than i would be on the same track as you q8khajah who started the thread, although tested it in manual and than he is not having the issues. That the "powerloss" only happens in attitude mode and not in GPS mode one could argument that leveling needs extra power compared to mannual, but i dont think this plays a role in this case. Zu kleiner tropfen das deswegen das Glass übergeht oder ?

Boris

q8khajah

I dont think temperature is the problem since im experiencing similar problem and its about 25C here. But i did notice stabilization improvement when i gradually take off weight

My problem was experienced during attitude mode AND gps mode. I expected the autopilot to detect the descent and adds power instead of me compensating
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

FerdinandK

@Boris
I manual mode you have more throttle available. When I made my payload-tests with my S800 I could not lift off in Atti (or GPS-Atti) it did not even move, only in manual I could leave the ground (for some seconds):
(13,1kg AUW)
https://vimeo.com/45913693
I also tried with 6kg payload (11,1kg AUW), with atti-mode, no chance to lift off, with manual mode it works.

@Marown
I am sorry for my posting, I did not know, that you already solved your problem.

@q8khajah
What AUW do you fly? I am sure if you try a new battery-pack you will be fine.

best regards

Ferdinand

Marown since the S800 loses height when moving forward and not stationary try a test. Place a piece of open cell foam in front of the IMU sensor hole and cover the S800 top and side openings with some saran or nylon wrap.

q8khajah

As i mentioned earlier i tried 25C then 65C packs with same results

Im curious what would covering the IMU do?

There is an idea floating around that the holes on the top plate and the placement of the electronics create wind buffeting on some setups. Covering the holes and attitude sensor may help.

Marown

This is how i mounted everything:
http://www.aprock.at/s800/Foto(13).JPG

I hope you can see it.

But if there is a problem with this why DJI dont make a recomendet positioning plan for the s800???

I will get an new WKM the next day from my dealer i changed it i still belive this is the Problem.

Thanks for your help!

Maybe you can send me how you placed things in the s800?

best regard marown

q8khajah

Marown,

my mounting is very similar to yours, in fact even though I have extensive experience with Pod/Boom helicopters, I followed instructional videos posted on youtube by the USA DJI Agent (tag name iflydji) in every step.

I also have a strong feeling that our IMU's have a problem. the power is available, the weight is managable. the IMU is supposed to sense the errors and the MC is supposed to send corrective outputs to the ESCs. somehow, in my case at least, the Load is causing the copter to descend when in forward flight or other movements , the MC is NOT sending corrective responses properly.

Marown, if you are installing a new IMU, please kindly share your results. I'd like to know where I should be heading in solving this issue..

Marown

Good Newa Guys!

I got a new WKM and it is mutch better now!
It still decends on fast flights but the s800 is now correcting the hight after it drops a few meters!

I will now cover the IMU Attitude hole with some Foam i think then it will be mutch better too!
Try it at first with foam and if it doesnt work speak to you dealer to get a new WKM instead of your old one!

Hope i could help you!

Here the two WKM in compare:

OLD WKM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SrdU6F3vN0

NEW WKM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzGB6bp1yXg
Marown

q8khajah

That sounds great. Glad u got part of the problem fixed.

Guys i dont know if this is related or not but i just hooked up the wookong with the PC and there's an update. The update had a message about fixing the issue of motors slowing down then speeding up. My guess is that they're talking about our descending problem..

m4rc0nd35

That sounds great. Glad u got part of the problem fixed.

Guys i dont know if this is related or not but i just hooked up the wookong with the PC and there's an update. The update had a message about fixing the issue of motors slowing down then speeding up. My guess is that they're talking about our descending problem..

No, that was the problem FW 5.18 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQtbiIEm6QY, solved in FW 5.20.

hjls3

I seem to be having this problem with 5.16 - the problem...Just below 50% throttle upon decent - the motors are pulsing and the bird is dropping like it does not have enough lift. I give it power and recover but coming down is rather nerve racking. I have exactly 3 days flying this setup. Today, I paid careful attention to the lights. I did get the 3 white flashes. SHould I be looking to updating to 5.20? Thanks for the help. I am new to the WKM and the S800.

FYI I did wait for green lights and no red before take off. While I am at it - having trouble with the Z15 horizon being level, eventually it gets there but it takes alot of time. Maybe 5.20 solves all? SHould I try 5.20?

Wow.. that is very similar to what im experiencing ...

This is my thread http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?10543-Help!-No-power-on-my-S800

Still trying to solve the problem. It is frustrating

Hello all,

So I've received S800 + Retractable landing gear + Zenmuse Z15 + WookongM Rig.

Worked day and night on assembling and setting up the rig, on Bench got everything right just how I did with my Trex800 ACEONE rig.

Took the rig on test flight but without the zenmuse. Everything is fine and as expected.

However, when mounting the zenmuse and making a complete rig including the video transmitter we were up for a nasty surprise.

when switching on the GPS/Atti , the helicopter seems to be holding fine. but when I start to move around and yawing the helicopter acts as if it lost all power and is descending .. my camera man also informs me that he's losing video feed..

When I switch the helicopter to MANUAL , it flies perfectly. its only when I switch on the Autopilot that the copter acts sluggish.

The autopilot settings are as per the recommended setting in the manual.

The Batteries are from HobbyKing Tunirgy Nano 25C-50C. (Could be the problem we're testing Voltz 65C today)

Anyone had similar experience? please your thoughts are appreciated.

toberal

Definitely Zenmuse is not for professional use , just advanced hobbytist ... take a look at the smoothness of that Movi (brushsless cinestar ) .. there is a big difference with the ROBOTIC movements of the Zenmuse . Any crane controller have a damping , ramp or whatever you call it for adjust the smoothness at the end of the movement , even the other stabilizations systems ( mikrokopter , overfly , skyline , radian ) have it but not The Zenmuse
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

DJI ¿ WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR IMPLEMENT THIS DAMPING TO THE ZENMUSE SOFTWARE ?
it's really frustrating when you're trying to make a smooth recording, each time you move the stick to control the Zen the result is very robotic , very hard, no matter the setting of your transmiter or softness of your stick movement , and even worse with pan movement in fpv mode
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

View attachment 10980

Attachments

• control.jpeg
    control.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 278

q8khajah

the cable the DJI's downlink transmitter came with does not collect power from the GMU, so I had to supply another power source,, it only collected video information.