DJI S800 Zenmuse & wookongM experience + Power Problems?

q8khajah

Definitely Zenmuse is not for professional use , just advanced hobbytist ... take a look at the smoothness of that Movi (brushsless cinestar ) .. there is a big difference with the ROBOTIC movements of the Zenmuse . Any crane controller have a damping , ramp or whatever you call it for adjust the smoothness at the end of the movement , even the other stabilizations systems ( mikrokopter , overfly , skyline , radian ) have it but not The Zenmuse
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

DJI ¿ WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR IMPLEMENT THIS DAMPING TO THE ZENMUSE SOFTWARE ?
it's really frustrating when you're trying to make a smooth recording, each time you move the stick to control the Zen the result is very robotic , very hard, no matter the setting of your transmiter or softness of your stick movement , and even worse with pan movement in fpv mode
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

View attachment 13998

I agree with you on the robotic annoying movement, makes me need to do alot of cuts and fades during video editing, however, we have to be honest in that Zenmuse is currently the most stable/smoothest gimbal with several control options.. I have gone through many kinds of gimbals, servo belts, types of gyros, they always drift and dont produce smooth stabilized movements..

The only other CURRENT method of stabilization that is comparable to zenmuse is the ingenious Ecilop concept that uses a counter balance center for smooth gliding movements.

I am just happy that I do not really need to hardly any software stabilization with the zenmuse, maybe just 2% smoothing in premiere for the micro vibs.. as opposed to previous methods where I needed to do heavy software stabilization degrading alot of the quality.

back to subject. Weather/Load seem to be the factor in these sudden descents.. I haven't tried covering any openings but might try to do so soon.. on a calm day the S800 flies like a charm, on gusty days it wants to go down... I even had to stop using the retractable landing gear to save as much weight as possible.

The update didn't really do much too.

the cable the DJI's downlink transmitter came with does not collect power from the GMU, so I had to supply another power source,, it only collected video information.

Do you use iOSD? Coz the bi-port cable for iOSD-Dji5.8Tx send both video feed and power.

Im only asking coz the it seems to work for me (ie the Tx is getting the power needed and video feed and the downlink works correctly) but this configuration (suggested by the manual) is frying my PMUs!

q8khajah

Do you use iOSD? Coz the bi-port cable for iOSD-Dji5.8Tx send both video feed and power.

Im only asking coz the it seems to work for me (ie the Tx is getting the power needed and video feed and the downlink works correctly) but this configuration (suggested by the manual) is frying my PMUs!

Nop im using the plain downlink set.. Pretty sure i dont get power through GMU this way.

On another note. How are u able to use iOSD? All my SBUS ports are occupied by zenmuse and gps.. Etc

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk 2

iOSD gives additional 3 Can-bus slots.

Nop im using the plain downlink set.. Pretty sure i dont get power through GMU this way.

On another note. How are u able to use iOSD? All my SBUS ports are occupied by zenmuse and gps.. Etc

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk 2

@BorisS,

I am wondering if anyone has flown comfortably with a 10C pack, loaded bird? I see this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eurgle-22-2...adio_Control_Control_Line&hash=item232c302e9b

and I am tempted.. but "temptation is all evil".. especially when both of my s800 is still up and flying.

anyone?

KS

What kind of videos transmitter are you using ? how much A is it drawing ? How and were did you connect the videos transmitter ?

Dont worry about the c rating of the lipos. 25c even 10c should be enough for the S800 fully loaded running on 6s.

There seems to be problems at the moment of a rapid descend of WKM setups when flying actually moving the copter arround, you are not the first i am hearing this from.

What size are your 6s packs ?

Boris