My brushless gimbal result

badbill

Does anyone have the default Gothelirc settings for the gimbal on 1.3? I thaought I had a screenshot, but can't find it and I really want to start from scratch again trying to get this thing right.

Thanks,

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

rocjock

Hey Bill,

What kind of problems are you having? I don't have access to my settings right now but will post them tomorrow.

macc

I Posted this in another section, im building my own handheld Movi like gimbal & am looking to find out how you guys are wiring your handheld gimbals for use with two monitors, one for the gimbal itself & another for the remote radio operator, would they both be via a transmitter or is it possible to have the gimbal one wired straight to the camera as well so making use of the hdmi output? cheers. Macc

badbill

Hey Bill,

What kind of problems are you having? I don't have access to my settings right now but will post them tomorrow.

I am getting a fast shaking in the roll if I have the power set at over 85 or so. I know I have adjusted the P, but didn't think I moved it much. Can anyone confirm anyvision's settings? I could have sworn roll power was default at 105.

Thanks!

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

badbill

I found the capture with the default settings- FYI they are Roll -18 .20 11 100 Pitch- 18 .20 6 70 . I am pretty sure these are the settings that were on it when I got it. Even going to these original settings, I am getting a slow rocking back and forth on the roll axis after it initializes. It is well balanced. I guess I will try the advanced calibration one more time. It didn't do this when I first got it, but I haven't ever gotten it right.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

AerialVid

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by GotHeliRC

Can't remembered exactly, but with 18-55mm..

18-20-16 Power 200 (if you're using silence mode)
18-20-13 Power 120 (if you're using silence mode)

What is "silence mode" ?

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

I am using these settings with the new Alexmos firmware and all seems to be working great at the moment...
I can't remember the old settings even though they might be around the forum somewhere. GotHeli sent me these numbers back on May 3rd. I don't remember the firmware at the time.
18-25-10 Power 190
18-25-08 Power 75

Cameraj

my gimbal is almost there, but in forward flight i get a slight up and down in the video, any ideas on how to fix that?

badbill

I am using these settings with the new Alexmos firmware and all seems to be working great at the moment...
I can't remember the old settings even though they might be around the forum somewhere. GotHeli sent me these numbers back on May 3rd. I don't remember the firmware at the time.
18-25-10 Power 190
18-25-08 Power 75

Wish they would work great on mine, mine is crap. It shakes like hell if I get the power on roll over 55 or so, not enough power to hold position. I'd send it back if I could. GotHeli, do you stand behind these?

Thanks,

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

rocjock

Bill and cameraj,

Where is your IMU mounted? I might be able to help you.

If you have version 2 of V's gimbal and the IMU is mounted on the top crossbar, I would recommend moving it to the lower crossbar. Place the IMU under the camera. You will have to load version : 2.0b3 of the software. Change axis settings to TOP: -Z and RIGHT: -X

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:

rocjock

Wish they would work great on mine, mine is crap. It shakes like hell if I get the power on roll over 55 or so, not enough power to hold position. I'd send it back if I could. GotHeli, do you stand behind these?

Thanks,

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

Hey Bill,

Didn't see these posts. Your roll numbers are way too low. They should probably fall between 150-190 with either lens, really. And still, I would remount the IMU if it's on the top crossbar.

Sean

badbill

Hey Bill,

Didn't see these posts. Your roll numbers are way too low. They should probably fall between 150-190 with either lens, really. And still, I would remount the IMU if it's on the top crossbar.

Sean

The Gimbal is the GotHeli, it came assembled with the IMU on the top crossbar. If it shouldn't go there, where should it go??? The mount is shaking at 55, if I turn the power up more it shakes even worse. I am still on 1.3, if I flash to 2.0b3 everything is even worse.
I'll try IMU under the camera and see what happens.

Thanks,

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

daniel

my gothelirc gimbal, is with version 2.0b3, it came with the IMU on the top crossbar,...
is working fine,....but after i pass 30-40 feet in altitude, the camera gimbal starts to shake and collapses!!!
it is very weird!!!!!

i will try and mount the IMU in bottom crossbar, i just need to change this:Change axis settings to TOP: -Z and RIGHT: -X ???

how should i mounted? all the electronics looking to the ground? or up?

anyone have any picture of how they done this?

its been a month of testing the gimbal, and hope is running out.....Please help.

daniel

YES!! i am in my hometown Peru right now, and is winter, VERY HUMID, and cold.....

Same problems im having with my NAZA M v2, last month i was in california flying the naza perfectly, and when i came back to Peru, the NAZA didnt wanted to start, it shows is in failsafe, and no TX connection,.......then i put a Heater next to it for 10 minutes and then everything was perfectly normal..... NAZA dont like cold and humid!!!

do you think this is the problem with my gothelirc?

i have it mounted under a cinestar 6.........

kloner

Aerial DP
I have an alexmos from cgs shop that i can fly at my house or the desert and it's flawless, get it within a mile of the ocean and it goes nutts. I was thinking the way the propellor gains hit the thicker humid air was to blame, but now i'm thinking moisture has something to do with it like in the imu or something. mines also naza on a 650. these things are touchy

daniel

is there a way to isolate the IMU from weather/dust/magnetism/ etc....

like a shield or something?.....what happend if i covered with electric tape..... Silicon conformal coating like when used in MK electronics?

dont know what to do really........

frustration!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

daniel

thats why maybe a thin Layer of Silicone conformal coating could help maybe.....

I have an alexmos from cgs shop that i can fly at my house or the desert and it's flawless, get it within a mile of the ocean and it goes nutts. I was thinking the way the propellor gains hit the thicker humid air was to blame, but now i'm thinking moisture has something to do with it like in the imu or something. mines also naza on a 650. these things are touchy