DJI Released New Firmware 3.14 for Naza-M V1、V2 And Phantom!

The startup sequence depends on the age of the unit as you have discovered. I have a V1 that goes direct to sat lock and the other that wants to warm up the sensors. The Phantom always wants to warm up.

I don't buy it.

I have a v1 which was purchased slightly less than 2 months ago and from the very first flight it has always taken minutes on end to go from power-up to Sat-Search...just fast-flashes yellow forever and finally gives in.

While I can believe that some do it and some don't...it's not a function of age or crash history (unless you HAVE to crash it to get it to start operating properly, that is)

....sT

PS: As for writing DJI...it's a fools errand. I can say from personal experience that DJI stopped caring about you the end-user the moment the CC charge cleared the bank.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

ST you can buy it or not. I am telling you what I am experiencing. If you are having a different result then that is your experience, but not mine. I do not think that DJI has abandoned it customers. They monitor the threads and respond accordingly. I have never had them not respond to an email support request.

daniel

Fast yellow flashes forever in my V2 and no connection with radio.....(dx8) when i connect to Software it says that is in Failsafe mode

after 10 minutes of pluging battery and unplugging, finally connects and flys.....

but at least my TBS is flying very smooth.....

I don't buy it.

I have a v1 which was purchased slightly less than 2 months ago and from the very first flight it has always taken minutes on end to go from power-up to Sat-Search...just fast-flashes yellow forever and finally gives in.

While I can believe that some do it and some don't...it's not a function of age or crash history (unless you HAVE to crash it to get it to start operating properly, that is)

....sT

PS: As for writing DJI...it's a fools errand. I can say from personal experience that DJI stopped caring about you the end-user the moment the CC charge cleared the bank.

djneils98

i had really long start ups on 3.12 - couple of minutes or more often.
Since I changed to 3.14 last night its about 20 secs and a really fast gps lock too (<30secs)
Only tested few times today though so we'll have to see how it performs over the next few days but so far so good.

ST you can buy it or not. I am telling you what I am experiencing. If you are having a different result then that is your experience, but not mine. I do not think that DJI has abandoned it customers. They monitor the threads and respond accordingly. I have never had them not respond to an email support request.

As may be. And you are right....it IS my experience. I've no idea what YOUR experience has been...and would not presume to say otherwise. What I did say is that your theory is ill-conceived and unprovable. Whatever the problem is, it is NOT a function of unit age when as many new-in-box units present with the same malady as older units.

Oh...and *I* have never had DJI fail to respond to my customer service requests either. They are actually amazingly quick to spit out the same boilerplated mantra each and every time: 'Go away...ask your dealer'

"But my dealer only answers email that indicates an impending sale and fresh income. Besides, this is information which is well beyond the purview of any dealer"

'That's nice...go away, ask your dealer'

Sorry......Bad support is NO support. My comment stands.

.....sT​

Fast yellow flashes forever in my V2 and no connection with radio.....(dx8) when i connect to Software it says that is in Failsafe mode

after 10 minutes of pluging battery and unplugging, finally connects and flys.....

Now, I will admit that I have not had it fail to eventually reach the 'warmed-up' state (whatever the hell that might be).

Mine does always finally decide to fly, albeit many minutes after power-up. However, I have seen several comments of people waiting huge periods of time. The exact amount of time seems to vary. Regardless...one minute is ridiculous, anything more just underlines the problem.

I have yet to try 3.14 (it's been raining nearly continuously for the past two weeks here) but I am ready to go when the opportunity presents itself. Either way....I am getting the feeling (and it's only a feeling, as I have no hard proof) on this that it is not really a hardware issue at all, but rather a firmware issue.

Time will tell, I'm sure.

....sT

djneils98

I have found warm-up times with 3.14 MUCH quicker (<20secs) than I did with 3.12 (up to 2 mins)
If you have long starts and are on 3.12 then please try 3.14 and report back!!

olof

Osprey
As may be. And you are right....it IS my experience. I've no idea what YOUR experience has been...and would not presume to say otherwise. What I did say is that your theory is ill-conceived and unprovable. Whatever the problem is, it is NOT a function of unit age when as many new-in-box units present with the same malady as older units.

Oh...and *I* have never had DJI fail to respond to my customer service requests either. They are actually amazingly quick to spit out the same boilerplated mantra each and every time: 'Go away...ask your dealer'

"But my dealer only answers email that indicates an impending sale and fresh income. Besides, this is information which is well beyond the purview of any dealer"

'That's nice...go away, ask your dealer'

Sorry......Bad support is NO support. My comment stands.

.....sT​

I have had excellent service from DJI twice when I had problems. They replaced a Naza unit and a Iosd, both in a very timely fashion.

Both these incidents the support came through my dealers. That is how DJI support works. You contact your dealer and he/she decides how to proceed. So if you have bad service use a better dealer. My favorite is AerialMediaPros.com for DJI products.

In the Naza case I had a new unit in 48 hrs, I payed for the replacement when I sent my unit in and I received credit back from my dealer within 10 days, I call this excellent service.

The Iosd was shipped back to DJI repair and they updated it and sent it back to my dealer, I had it back within 2 weeks. This was just as V2 was coming out and there was a shortage, so I was happy to be one of the first to get the V2 unit as a replacement, I would say this is excellent as well. AMP stocks a lot of parts, and I have ordered spares and received them over night a few times, like the Zenmuse ribbon cable, I now have a spare as well in my kit.

So my experience with DJI gear and service is very good. And I think it is great they are improving the product line, I think they really do listen.

My experience with GM and Sears as well as lots of other domestic big brands has been very bad in comparison to this. This is bleeding edge technology so there will be problems and shortages of parts. THis is why you need to pick a good dealer, just price is not always the best way to decide on a purchase. THough I must say AMP has great pricing as well.

I am in total agreement with Olof. I have had great experience with AMP, but my go-to dealer has been RCRUS. Twice I expressed problem with a DJI product (GPS once, iOSD the other), and both times they sent me a replacement without me even asking. I have also had great support from AerialTechnology, and have helped me debug several problems. DJI has some great dealers out there.

plingboot

I am looking hard at the FY-DOS from FELYU TECH, as it seems to meet my needs and I sure like its price point. Any experience with this FC?

You won't find many haters of Feiyu-tech in the fixed wing FPV community - i've heard an awful lot of good things about their stabilization/RTH units and know people who have them in ALL their FPV rigs.

You might however want to look at the newer FY41AP unit which has multirotor as well as fixed wing stabilization and a built-in OSD

DennyR

Having been entirely happy with my Naza-H I upgraded my old Naza-M to the latest firmware and I have to say how impressed I am with it. They certainly have done something with the stab. algorithm which is a massive step up from what I saw last year. BTW the H and the M GPS is transferable despite a different part No. (probably just cable length)

Things are looking up all round with DJI now that Dave Hollins has got DJI Europe underway. 48 Hr repair turn around on my Zenmuse is great service.

We all like to knock em when they are bad but when they come good it deserves mention.

hoggdoc

New-Bee
I don't buy it.

....sT

So Simon you are saying your Naza-M V1 was brand new, never flown before you installed it? Curious, wonder if you got one from old stock or had been dropped somewhere along the way. I am convinced the correlation between shock trauma to the Naza and un explained fight characteristics has to do damaged internals.

Until DJI comes across with categoric data that it is not hardware induced, I'll stick to my theory.

HD

hoggdoc

New-Bee

Ed, your statement "I have never had them not respond to an email support request." sure says a lot to me. I understand they, the US distubutor has very little influence on the "mother company" but I also think they have an obligation to their buyers to offer some sort of support. From what I gather the US Distributor is nothing more than a large garage operation and the head master of the garage isn't up to the task of managing a company with as wide ranging customer base.

I have information that a local SOCAL, well respected company in the Multi-Rotor community approached DJI to become the one and only US distributor. They were turned downed by DJI in lieu of the current company. I suspect the current company has close ties with the mother company as there really is no other explanation why a company such as DJI would want to be represented by someone like the folks in Austin, TX.

Just my HO!

HD

hoggdoc

New-Bee
Now, I will admit that I have not had it fail to eventually reach the 'warmed-up' state (whatever the hell that might be).

Mine does always finally decide to fly, albeit many minutes after power-up. However, I have seen several comments of people waiting huge periods of time. The exact amount of time seems to vary. Regardless...one minute is ridiculous, anything more just underlines the problem.

I have yet to try 3.14 (it's been raining nearly continuously for the past two weeks here) but I am ready to go when the opportunity presents itself. Either way....I am getting the feeling (and it's only a feeling, as I have no hard proof) on this that it is not really a hardware issue at all, but rather a firmware issue.

Time will tell, I'm sure.

....sT

So ST, you think DJI is covering a fix of the various issues being reported here, by putting out up-date 3.14, BTW what happened to 3.13, that is disguised as a routine benign useless update? Nah, no self respecting, honest, transparent, customer caring organization would do that, would they? 3.14 has been out for a short while now, have we heard an end of the startup delay issues, or the mysterious "i'm taking control and you can't do a damn thing about it" flight characteristics? I haven't seen enough comment on the new 3.14 to form my own opinion.

What are your thoughts, and Tahoe Ed, if your reading, please chime in. I can think of no better flying FCs' than the Naza family of controllers, when the work correctly. But like the little girl, "when she is bad, she is very very bad"!

HD

hoggdoc

New-Bee
i had really long start ups on 3.12 - couple of minutes or more often.
Since I changed to 3.14 last night its about 20 secs and a really fast gps lock too (<30secs)
Only tested few times today though so we'll have to see how it performs over the next few days but so far so good.

So are you saying there is no yellow flashing light and being locked out until it goes out? If so they, DJI, simply removed the code that was checking for issues before flying, and reverted back to old code from 3.10 and earlier, thats messed up. Sure that makes our startups faster, but if thats what they did, are we missing out on the reason they felt compelled to add the code to 3.12 in the first place? They were addressing something the felt required a code change, to reverse it without explanation makes no sense to me.

But then
again, they never really released an explanation for the change in the first place, did they? Most software changes from other companies are accompanied with comments why the changes were implemented, i.e. security update, enhance speed, reduce memory use, etc. You get the idea, but DJI's silence is deafening!

Again, MHO....

HD

hoggdoc

New-Bee
I am in total agreement with Olof. I have had great experience with AMP, but my go-to dealer has been RCRUS. Twice I expressed problem with a DJI product (GPS once, iOSD the other), and both times they sent me a replacement without me even asking. I have also had great support from AerialTechnology, and have helped me debug several problems. DJI has some great dealers out there.

Unfortunately in the back office, these dealers have to fight tooth and nail to get their $ back from DJI. That's just putting the little guy on the spot and making him front the costs for support their companies product, that sucks for the small, cash strapped business like most LHS are today.

BTW, I know this to be true after talking to my local dealer about how he gets reimbursed for fixing issues with DJI products. He was not a happy camper!

HD

hoggdoc

New-Bee
Having been entirely happy with my Naza-H I upgraded my old Naza-M to the latest firmware and I have to say how impressed I am with it. They certainly have done something with the stab. algorithm which is a massive step up from what I saw last year. BTW the H and the M GPS is transferable despite a different part No. (probably just cable length)

Things are looking up all round with DJI now that Dave Hollins has got DJI Europe underway. 48 Hr repair turn around on my Zenmuse is great service.

We all like to knock em when they are bad but when they come good it deserves mention.

Wow, I wish the same could be said for our US distributor, they don't even have a customer accessible repair department and doubt there is one for the dealers as well. Their operation is a joke.

HD

DennyR

hoggdoc
I made some noise and they responded. Lets not forget that what they took on was a massive job and I think they are now on the right track again. PR is not their strength but technical innovation is ahead of the rest. The chinese opposition will keep em on their toes no doubt and help keep the price right. I doubt that we would have seen their GoPro mount at that price without the Alexmos coming good at just the right moment. I for one never thought I would see the day when some numbty boy could invest in a Phantom and without any experience go out there and start capturing some useful stuff with such a minimal cost. Sadly the pro end of the marketplace is going to get tougher.

As for DJI USA I think they need some legal pressure to get warranty work sorted.