DJI Released New Firmware 3.14 for Naza-M V1、V2 And Phantom!

DJI Released New Firmware 3.14 for Naza-M V1、V2 And Phantom!

What’s New for Firmware?

*Optimize the compatibility for Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal.
*Add calibration function of X1 channel(X1 is used for pitch control of normal gimbal and Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal).
*Change the default aircraft type to X4 instead of I4.

What’s New for Assistant Software?

*Add calibration function of X1 channel(X1 is used for pitch control of normal gimbal and Zenmuse H3-2D).

jforkner

Yep. Can't wait for all the problems to be listed from those without a Zenmuse who seem compelled to upgrade to the latest release.

Burntpixel

I will wait a couple of weeks before doing this upgrade. My last upgrade outing was not a very pleasant experience. I have seen that some Phantom users are able to use the new Zenmuse gimbal in the Ver 3.12 firmware and have the ability to tilt the camera. Thing is I am still in VER 3.10 because of what I perceive as poor throttle algorithm,s in VER 3.12.

Then again VER 3.12 did force me to FLY the quad. I am now very comfortable flying in attitude mode. That weird phenom of the quad doing a donut until it attained splatsville made for an interesting learning curve. I wonder if this is a marketing move on DJI,s end ? To have you crash I mean! If their entry level product has issues,I would be hard pressed to move up to say a S-800.

Last edited by a moderator:

olof

Osprey
Olof. I beleive you did a fine bottom plate repair and upgrade on my Sony EX-1. Can't be that many Olof,s near Mt.Washington.:encouragement: How long have you been flying?

One and only. It is I.

I have used drones now a bit more than a year. I got hired to work with a drone CO for a week and I was not happy with their quality but intrigued by the technology, and being an instrument pilot and having shot a lot of full scale heli vid, as well as flying RC planes. I decided to get into it.

I love it and so do my clients. I have a 450 with the new Zen on the way, I was using a homebuilt gimbal on that until now. I also have S800 and Zenmuse all tricked out, it is fantastic. And just to round it out I have a F550 with a Yun-1 gimbal, with my own tweaks and gear.

I believe anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Is the EX-1 still in use?

I still use my EX3, sold the EX1r and now mainly shoot with a FS700 and a C100. I am a dealer for the Odyssey so I will have 4K rigs made real soon. PM me when you get a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

hoggdoc

New-Bee
This long startup time must be for just some. Mine is ready to fly within 20-30 after connecting the battery...

I agree, as I have two multi-rotors, both with NAZA-M V1 updated to V3.12 FW. My F450 has no yellow light startup, goes straight searching for SATs. However, my RTC-800 can take forever to get the green light. I believe the yellow light indicates internal issues with the NAZA. My F450 has a new, never crashed NAZA on board, while the RTC-800 has an older, much used NAZA that has seen a number of minor crashes.

I emailed DJI US asking if they had a testing and repair facility for the NAZAs, they never responded. I guess they want you to toss a questionable unit and buy a new one, hard to do with an over $200.00 FC. This is one issue that DJI needs to get a handle on, or someone else will push them out of the market.

I am looking hard at the FY-DOS from FELYU TECH, as it seems to meet my needs and I sure like its price point. Any experience with this FC?

HD

Tahoe Ed

The startup sequence depends on the age of the unit as you have discovered. I have a V1 that goes direct to sat lock and the other that wants to warm up the sensors. The Phantom always wants to warm up.

I would research that FC real hard before plopping down some cash. I do not have experience with the DOS but with the company and promises vs actual performance. Your $'s not mine.