DJI A2 Assistant NOW ON MAC! +10!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
SO with the new firmware DJI have released a Mac OS assistant.

Just downloaded it and it works! Now lets see if it does when I plug an A2 in it!

Dave

rilot

Phantom 2 assistant just got a Mac release too. This is excellent news and seems to indicate that Mac support is coming for all DJI products.

kloner

Aerial DP
how do you get past the first screen? mine just sits there and nothing to click..... i'm on mavericks

edit, got it

looks super nice, i'll have to try this out today

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Cool for you. I tried and got an error message. I will try again.

Aye Up Ed

Just uploaded it via mobile to my MacBook Pro and it works on this to!

Are you doing this

3.When launching for the first time on Mac OS X, please open the Assistant Software in the
Finder.After the first successful launch, the application can be launched by double-clicking
the A2 icon in the Finder or using Launchpad.

Dave

kloner

Aerial DP
after updating firmware to 2.1 it all works like it did before, but on a mac book pro with mavericks.... stoked. Can i talk to it via bluetooth instead of a wire? didn't try after upgrading but i was talking to it with my iphone app fine. Hope they offer support for mac on everything

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
after updating firmware to 2.1 it all works like it did before, but on a mac book pro with mavericks.... stoked. Can i talk to it via bluetooth instead of a wire? didn't try after upgrading but i was talking to it with my iphone app fine. Hope they offer support for mac on everything
I don't think the MAC assistant offers blue tooth. It's just like the regular windowz version. I guess if you want to use BT you will need to use a iOS device or other supported device. Would be a nice option on the MacBook though, I am sure it would be possible.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Bloody fantastic! everything works lovely, exported settings to dropbox so avilible what ever OS I am using..

BUT The iOS has not been upgraded for the V2.1 firmware so unfortunatley my iPhone and iPad wont talk to it yet.. hopefully DJI are on it.

Dave

Good to see a vendor thats finally supporting ios, hopefully its a sign of more good things to come.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
when you guys are done high-fiving each other can someone comment on whether the potential of the A2 has finally been met? objectively please. :)

kloner

Aerial DP
that's what i did on the other thread and everybody hated..... the title of the thread is about the software interface...

I've logged 3.5 hours flying reds and zero loss of confidence. Super stable and smooth, but it seems to be interface dependent like all dji stuff seems to do but flying it with the built in FAST receiver and using 8fg is phenominal. For your easy to interpret knowledge base, it's a lot like HFP with full featured gps and barometer alt hold that work like hfp wished they could have achieved

there it is smooth as hell with 12lbs under it and 20 amp hours over it

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
when you guys are done high-fiving each other can someone comment on whether the potential of the A2 has finally been met? objectively please. :)
Yep kroner correct. This is about the mac interface which is a brilliant and unexpected development. Over to the A2 thread now!

Aye up kloner going to ask you something in the about your set up.. Please post your findings in there.

Dave

kloner

Aerial DP
only thing the same from that there and Jersey is the frame..... It's totaly redone

key differences i've gone to between then and now is all either sbus, pwm or internal receivers. the ppm signal isn't consistent enough from ezuhf at least but sounds like the jedi ppm suffers from the same thing...... i'll keep the ppm for my personal rigs, but all my pro stuff has to be pwm from ezuhf to controllers for now. Works fine one time, not so much the next and has something to do with the interpolation or something like that. Sbus being proprietary is alot more consistent if ya need a one wire connection for some reason

Jasonpandre

Eagle Eye Imaging
Does it work with Wookong M? I guess not as not documented. I come out in hives every time I have to use my windows laptop! Much happier on my MacBook Air. I guess the idea is to encourage us to move to A2, but device setup isn't enough. Let's see more mac software, pretty please!

Gerthart

Can someone else verify if they are seeing the same behavior as I am. While I was calibrating an A2's end point for GPS/ATTI/Manual setting, it did not light up the GPS/ATTI/Man setting like it does on a Windows version. Is is just my installation or are you seeing this on your OSX install as well? Although you do get an indicator at the bottom of the software window correctly identifying what flight mode you are in.