CNC Kreative camera mount from Germany

I Have since sent him an email requesting an 'invoice' that will presumably have some info on to indicate where I am actually sending my money to...got to wait for replies and see wh he informs me of at the moment.

Macsgrafs

Is there extra protection if you use Paypal only with your credit card? I've been using it with my bank account lately because there are less fees that way, but don't want to lose any of the protection if that is the case.

-Terry

Terry, if paypal play hard to get, they hate the fact that you can go to your issuing card company & do a chargeback...so you get twice the protection. They say you get the same protection direct from your bank account...back ask yourself how? Once you've paid out of your bank account you cant claim it back, its like a money transfer order....where as with a credit card, they know you could refuse to pay...you still keep the upper hand. I traded on Ebay for 3 years selling high price canvas artwork & very quickly got wise to thier games.

Ross

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Anyway, the camera mount has arrived today. I'm looking at it now and it seems pretty good. Also, perhaps I missed it in the description, I wasn't expecting it to come assembled so that is an extra bonus. I bought a Hoverfly Pro from a member here yesterday to, Airconrob, who I had fun meeting up with yesterday, and quadcopter Geoff who helped me sort my Wookong. (he still has one for sale here: http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?1602-Brand-new-Hoverfly-Pro-GPS-for-sale).

I will try to get a hexa up and running with the Hoverfly and this camera mount over the weekend.

anaka

Hi RCFlying,
can't waith to see how good it is...i'm planning to buy one and will appreciate very much your direct feedback

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
I made this spooky night time video using this camera mount. I will make another during the day soon. Anyway, I do like the camera mount and I think I will buy another one, I added some glue in parts to make it stiffer but it's very good for the price I think - much better than a lot of others in the same price range.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stacky

Just be aware there is a major firmware upgrade coming with the HFP. There has been an issue of drift in the gimbal that HF hadn't been aware of and they are trying to sort it out now. I dont expect to see the firmware update for this till next week but hopefully it might come through by the weekend.

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Oh, I haven't got the Hoverfly up and running yet, realized I need a BEC for the camera mount and a receiver. The above video is using my Wookong quad.

anaka

interesting video but some vibrations are present, can you describe your configuration? it is not a MK right?

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
There aren't really any vibrations, most of the time in this video it was my crappy old (8 years) camera which keeps refocusing and going blurred in places. Having said that, I never balanced the props so that would help. I'll make a better video during the day with a better camera.

Well, the gimbal/mount turned up yesterday and I spent a good part of this morning attempting to understand how it interacts and works with Wookong M. I have to say that I am guessing and doing quite a bit of reading between the lines to understand the set-up procedure on Assistant....and that si about as far as I have managed to get...witout any doubt one of the servos (Roll) is absolutley seized/jammed...it just will not move even with the servo seperated from the gimbal and trying to encourage it to turn with a pair of pliers. The pitch servo makes a lot of noise shortly followed by an error indication on assistant...anyone got any ideas what it is I am doing wrong ? I was led to believe a gimbal was almost plug and play...that doesn't appear to be the case for me.

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
You should not be forcing the servos to move with pliers for a start. :) Are you sure you're putting the wires in the right place? Are you powering the camera mount separately or just plugging it into the Wookong? You migt blow your wookong if you're doing the latter.

Yes, I understand what you are saying but any servo that I have 'seen' to date it has been hard on the fingers but possible to turn...this one just will not turn at all even with it removed completely from the mount. I am not 100 % sure that I am plugging the wires into the correct place... as I said I am doing an awful amount of reading between the lines here...the Wookong M 'manual' indicates (unless I have completely mis-read it) that the leads from the gimvbal are plugged into F1 and F2 of the main controller. Are you saying this is wrong ?

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Yes, I understand what you are saying but any servo that I have 'seen' to date it has been hard on the fingers but possible to turn...this one just will not turn at all even with it removed completely from the mount. I am not 100 % sure that I am plugging the wires into the correct place... as I said I am doing an awful amount of reading between the lines here...the Wookong M 'manual' indicates (unless I have completely mis-read it) that the leads from the gimvbal are plugged into F1 and F2 of the main controller. Are you saying this is wrong ?

Yes, just the orange (signal) wires go into F1 and F2. The power wires go into a ubec powered from the SAME battery as the IMU etc. I made that mistake and the servos didn't work.

View attachment 1864

Attachments

• IMG_0557.JPG
    IMG_0557.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 238

Gunter, many thanks for that...I believe you have just provided me with the answer I have been looking for...I'll have a crack at that tomorrow evening.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Gunter, many thanks for that...I believe you have just provided me with the answer I have been looking for...I'll have a crack at that tomorrow evening.

No probs. I did struggle with mine for a while and the ever so helpful guys here steered me in the right direction! Hope it works for you.

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunter, It works...well the pitch servo does anyway. The roll servo is seized solid and I have ordered a replacement. As I manually tilt and roll the aircraft the gimbal servos react appropriately and as I would expect. To take this further do you know how I can now set things up so that I can turn a transmitter knob to enable the 90 degree pitch of the camera mount in the gimbal in flight so that the camera is in effect looking down ?

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Gunter, It works...well the pitch servo does anyway. The roll servo is seized solid and I have ordered a replacement. As I manually tilt and roll the aircraft the gimbal servos react appropriately and as I would expect. To take this further do you know how I can now set things up so that I can turn a transmitter knob to enable the 90 degree pitch of the camera mount in the gimbal in flight so that the camera is in effect looking down ?

David,

Brilliant news!

I have a Futaba which has a dial knob on channel 6. I have connected channel 6 on the rx to the X3 port on the WKM. See the WKM instructions, item 5, Gimbal. It works a treat!

Gunter.