CineStar 360 Gimbal

ZAxis

Tabb , Just seen your snow video put up on Gizmodo... that's a real achievement ... well done.

andy

llbr22

Hi Tim, Henning was flying the WKM. My machine which has the 360 mounted is flying with MK gear. Henning only is able to get the WKM to work in Manual mode so far.

I agree, long lens work is the final frontier along with active zoom and focus control. I think the gimbal was around 5lbs RTF with the FS100 but I need to check to make sure. I think the gimbal is around 2.2lbs as it sits in this video but the production model will be lighter.

Tabb

Sorry if I missed this, but will the WKM do roll/tilt comp with the cinestar mount?

Thanks!
LLOYD

Hey thanks everyone! It is a real mission of mine to have UAV's represented for things other then killing people so you can imagine how happy I was that Gizmodo picked up this video and promoted it along with the story line they did. Hopefully the public will realize all the amazing applications for UAV's and we can all help lessen the negative association people seem to have.

Llyod, yes the WKM will do roll / tilt comp on the 2 axis gimbal. If you wanted to do it on the 3 axis with WKM you would need a 2nd unit mounted to the gimbal so it can pan and still stabilize.

Tabb

DennyR

Something is coming that will stabilise all three axis to .005 deg of accuracy and it will be less than 200 usd. that is almost Cineflex accuracy. BTW is it not DJI. That will only be .05

Last edited by a moderator:

DennyR

Tabb, the PWM signal has that accuracy, the type of servo drive will determine the rest. Expect to be able to hit the zoom button.
warm regards
D.

yeehaanow

Tabb, the PWM signal has that accuracy, the type of servo drive will determine the rest. Expect to be able to hit the zoom button.
warm regards
D.

What a tease! :)

But seriously, the servo drive is a huge part of the equation, so it's not fair to say cineflex accuracy for $200.

CSG.jpg

Sweet! :)

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
For me up to now the CS gimbal is the best and most enjoyable camera gimbal I had in hands, since if keeps its performance from one day to the other, without having to check what is loose again or were the next mechanical problems just showed its face ! All these .05 and .005 will have to prove even if they meet that accuracy how smooth they reach the commanded position and how thought trough their concepts are when it comes to one of the most important links in the chain their attachment to the actual frame. Where in my eyes the CS and CS gimbal from the commercial frame setups is the first to even put some thought into it and is doing good job !

Boris

Paul@scc

For me up to now the CS gimbal is the best and most enjoyable camera gimbal I had in hands, since if keeps its performance from one day to the other, without having to check what is loose again or were the next mechanical problems just showed its face ! All these .05 and .005 will have to prove even if they meet that accuracy how smooth they reach the commanded position and how thought trough their concepts are when it comes to one of the most important links in the chain their attachment to the actual frame. Where in my eyes the CS and CS gimbal from the commercial frame setups is the first to even put some thought into it and is doing good job !

Boris
Do you have any on board footage from this Gimbal?

Dune

quadrocopter.us has some on their vimeo channel, like: http://vimeo.com/31801560
or check the media section on their website
I don't have time to snoop around right now and find specific vids, but I think I remember some being there. Of course, it's also nice to see videos from people who aren't selling them, too. Maybe there are some in the "show what you filmed" thread?

Paul@scc

quadrocopter.us has some on their vimeo channel, like: http://vimeo.com/31801560
or check the media section on their website
I don't have time to snoop around right now and find specific vids, but I think I remember some being there. Of course, it's also nice to see videos from people who aren't selling them, too. Maybe there are some in the "show what you filmed" thread?

Thanks for the link, but I wanted to see footage from the gimbal, not of it. You are right, I want to see vids from a paying customer, that's why I asked BorisS

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I will post some vids in a couple week. After being through a couple gimbals AV 200 Av 130 and now having the Cinestar gimbal in hands. Its already performing better than the others ever did in dry tests.

To clarify what I am aiming at. I fly my copter with dual rate and expo trying to get a smooth flight with giving little stress on the gimbal. I am not even aiming at a perfect stabilization since I don't believe in that when it comes to gimbals with the given servos. Plainly from the mechanical aspect I can tell that the CS gimbal allows a smooth motion not ruining everything again jitters from the servos flex on the cam, wobbles on the lens without the bird even being in the air etc. To be fair for me its the combination of the CS8 vibration system and the CS gimbal. On the one side giving enough vibration isolation on the other side having enough rigidness even for bigger cams.

After being through this:

http://sprealinvest.at/Av200.MOV

or the complete stroy:

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?640-Photohigher-AV200-PRO-Video-Vibrations

although i must say i always got good results from the Av130, I guess because small and more rigid.

Boris

Skysurf

Tabb,

very nice video!

I am thinking of buying the FS100 but I haven't figured out what lens to get for it. I have some Canon lenses but it seems to be a pain to control them. The Sony E-Mount 18-55 that you used in this video, is that what you would recommend?

Thanks,

Jesper

iscorama

Hi Guys, nice tread and great video!!!
what servos are you using on your CS Gimball?

As I see in pictures, it uses Savox servos..

Can anyone explain me why is CS gimbal so much better than AV200, since it uses the same servos and acording to specifications SC is 176gr heavier than AV200