Cant get USB to recognize DJI hardware

Tahoe Ed

Yes. Still same situation. Its gotta be bad. Too bad i cant get the few years of life back I lost to stress.

If the WKM connects and the Naza does not, then I would contact your dealer re the Naza. That is not the norm and it may be a defective unit. Did I give you a year back?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
yeah thanks :)

Trust me, robert at DJI USA has a few emails in his inbox waiting for him. I'm sure he will take care of it. I still cant get the WKM assistant to let me use my log in that I registered using the Naza assistant. Maybe I should try opening 2 accounts with them? So annoying all these stupid little things. Its not a firewall issue. It just doesnt like my email format. but it is exactly what it is in the Naza. By your logic Ed, this should be fun and challenging right?

Tahoe Ed

Attachments

• IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 135

Tahoe Ed

You will need two accounts with the WKM and the NAZA. I used the same login and password for both. Hopefully that will work for you, if not you may need to open two accounts.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Wait, I will need 2 accounts but you say you are using one for both. ?? If you can then why cant the rest of us?

Yeah, that does look clean but you have a lot of vulnerability on the bottom there. Where do you stick the battery?

On my large hex I got wires sticking out left and right. but I made the carbon pieces to fit fewer components originally so it is kinda my own fault. I'll have to CNC some larger discs for this to be pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
So i registered with the same account name and it works with the same now. Stupid.

After all this frustration I finally got to see the motors spool up and go through the settings. it is really not that intimidating at all. I was expecting much worse. BUt another question for you DJI guys....

When you select a mixer config. such as Hex Y, does it show the values? My grid is all zeros which is kinda weird. Only if I click custom will it let me assign values so I assume it is fine. but on the Xaircraft, their values were completely freaking wrong! I mean not even remotely close to the right mixer settings. So it would be nice to visually check them as I have become pretty good at it since my Xaircraft experience.

kloner

Aerial DP
So i registered with the same account name and it works with the same now. Stupid.

When you select a mixer config. such as Hex Y, does it show the values? My grid is all zeros which is kinda weird. Only if I click custom will it let me assign values so I assume it is fine. but on the Xaircraft, their values were completely freaking wrong! I mean not even remotely close to the right mixer settings. So it would be nice to visually check them as I have become pretty good at it since my Xaircraft experience.

I'm pretty sure the main thing your registering is the serial number, no? not sure thats stupid, way to keep the clones out of the updates

I didn't read all the post, so i may be wrong, but it sounds like your not using the naza version of the assistant. it only shows the 4 types of configs it's compatible with and a y6 aint one of em. mine only shows quad-rotor1, quad-rotor X, hex rotor1, hex-rotor X

When i was researching this thing, a few guys commented about it not being Y compatible at all, said later firmware might change it so when you ask why it doesn't show a value, i'm guessing the value aint there to be read

Kilby

Yuri, you are correct. If you select a preconfigured set up then the values will all show 0 still. They only change when you move to a custom mixer set up.

-Terry

rwilabee

I'm pretty sure he has switched over to the WKM now.

Rich

I'm pretty sure the main thing your registering is the serial number, no? not sure thats stupid, way to keep the clones out of the updates

I didn't read all the post, so i may be wrong, but it sounds like your not using the naza version of the assistant. it only shows the 4 types of configs it's compatible with and a y6 aint one of em. mine only shows quad-rotor1, quad-rotor X, hex rotor1, hex-rotor X

When i was researching this thing, a few guys commented about it not being Y compatible at all, said later firmware might change it so when you ask why it doesn't show a value, i'm guessing the value aint there to be read

danproud

Hi Guys, I've got the same problem that it looks like Yuri had but I still can't figure out how to get around it. I've tried 3 different computers all with the 32-bit driver, nothing happens. Solid blue light on the Wookong's main controller. I think I might have a faulty WKM? This is so frustrating as its taken SO LONG to get all these parts to Australia, simply to find I cant get the driver to work!!!

The first time I tried to connect USB it gave me an error saying it was drawing too much power, so its been disabled? Don't know why it would do that!

Any help would be hugely appreciated!!

View attachment 2260

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-01-24 at 2.00.19 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-01-24 at 2.00.19 AM.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 281

Donzi222

New to this thread and multi rotor but I have been in R/C since 1970's. I am frustrated with trying to get my MC to communicate to
the assist software. I have a Specktrum DX7 with a AR 6115e receiver. I have rechecked my esc and receiver connections. I
followed the proper power up instructions. My VU lights up solid green when connected but I can not calibrate the MC nor does it
seem to be seeing my connection with the "MC output on icon"flashes on the calibration page.
Any thoughts anyone please!

Hey Iris,

Just thought I,d let you know I have had two brand new naza cables not work (not connect with the software) took me hours of playing with the drivers etc etc no success, then I used my wookong cable and boom it connected ???

Amazing 2 unused cables just would not connect to the software ...so if you have a wookong cable try that. I also have another Naza that I cannot get rid of the power err flashing signal and basically just can't connect correctly to the software ?
Frustrating to say the least

Matt

I am now using my 3rd PC. First one destroyed from anger! Second one didnt work and returned it to a friend. Now I am on my work PC which is only there to run the CNC router.

Downloaded both 32/64 bit drivers.
Instructions say to connect and power up MC and it should recognize new hardware. It didnt.
I manually installed the driver by adding new hardware. It says it is installed.
When I connect usb to MC and power up it senses something is there but there is a hardware error. Doesnt do anything.

Fired up software and nothing happens.

How god damned hard can it be to install a ****ing driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am having the same problem with a naza i have, when i use my dx6i and spectrum reciever it just won,t connect ( I also get the green connected signal but have a totally spastic connection) to the software and all I get is power err flashing on the software, I know that the software works fine as when I use it with my other hitec tx/rx then all fine. I am going to try the not working naza with the hitec tx and rx tomorrow ...it will be interesting to see if there is a change...i'll let you know...

Matt

New to this thread and multi rotor but I have been in R/C since 1970's. I am frustrated with trying to get my MC to communicate to
the assist software. I have a Specktrum DX7 with a AR 6115e receiver. I have rechecked my esc and receiver connections. I
followed the proper power up instructions. My VU lights up solid green when connected but I can not calibrate the MC nor does it
seem to be seeing my connection with the "MC output on icon"flashes on the calibration page.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
As your name states, you have to be totally committed to make half of this crap work. Companies try to save money at every possible corner they can. Look at Xaircraft, they tried saving $.05 per prop by using a lesser plastic compound that ultimately broke 90% of their helis. Looks like DJI saved a buck using the cheapest possible cables. I still wonder what the real differences are between the Naza and the WKM. They more or less do the same thing but one is in a single box and the other in 3. Does that mean the WKM has bigger better components? maybe it is just marketing. The hoverfly pro board I am using is so well built and it is all right there on that one board. No 3 boxes, no wires everywhere. And it would seem Hoverfly doesnt cut corners with production quality. I am building a new faith in their company.

kyle925

It's usually the way you installed the NAZA driver. Did you do it step by step of what the manufacturer recommended? Did you do the latest and greatest version (1.6 I believe)? Did you do 32bit or 64bit? Did you get a quick black screen when you installed the driver? Did you fill up the DJI form online? Is your USB wire faulty? Is the connection to your VU loose? If you did all the computer side, are your physical connections from you dx7 component correct going to the NAZA MU? Are the wirings leading to your VU not crimped?

Nelson223

Hey i am also in suffering from this problem whenever i detect my USB with my computer this error is appeared that this USB device is not recognized i am worried about this error and just searching for some help from your side if you have then please tell me .....

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Just read the post above yours by Kyle925 :nevreness:.

I think you have to have your naza plugged-in to the USB at the same time you install the driver with Windows 7. Also,try a different USB port. You've probably already fixed it by now.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Sorry I cant help more. I dont really remember what the answer was. But I do know I had 2 bad usb/PMU units. It was either that or the actual cable if I recall. I have the solution! DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM CHINA!!!